Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

but also come visit the discord. And make more karaoke covers, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

oh no someone made GBS-FM trans and gay

jk this is rad

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

Yuu Morisawa posted:

oh no someone made GBS-FM trans and gay

jk this is rad

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami

:emptyquote:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Please stop playing hyphy, Haifisch.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Song being played lags behind the song displayed in the list... currently two full songs.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Is there a bot that rates every song 5 or some goon on MDMA who's on 24/7 and loves everything?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Doctor Malaver posted:

Is there a bot that rates every song 5 or some goon on MDMA who's on 24/7 and loves everything?

egonindapotty is a prominent 5 voter, but he's not on 24/7. That's all I got.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

MDMA status: UNCONFIRMED

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
GBS-FM is a magical place.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fibblins posted:

GBS-FM is a magical place.

Do, according to Stephen King, is a sewer.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Did anyone ever find the cat?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'll ask Becky

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Who do I write to about sorting out duplicate band names and similar stuff? Assuming anyone even cares.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Doctor Malaver posted:

Who do I write to about sorting out duplicate band names and similar stuff? Assuming anyone even cares.
You can reach out to the mods on discord/irc and someone will fix it. There's also a report button on each dong page, although that can be kind of a pain in the rear end if there's a problem with an entire artist/album's worth of stuff.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Over the years there has been a lot of cleanup of that but I’m sure there’s more to do. Just PLEASE check discogs or something to make sure you are correct. No matter how sure you are.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I care! :3:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Thanks all! Turned out that the offending song had been uploaded by me a billion years ago, and that I could edit its metadata through GBSFM UI. :aaaaa:

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish
We can retag them. We have the technology.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Welp, now that I've experienced Vitamin String Quartet, get ready for an overload of their dongs.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

King Gizzard is so consistently good so thanks for sharing their stuff goons, never heard of them before clicking on that banner ad for this thread a month or so ago

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

For the next 21 hours on GBS-FM, we're championing the best chart music of the past twenty years, or something like that!

Then we'll have 12 hours of 80s pop, followed by Two Friends' latest hour of chart mixes!

After that? Well, let's just say that this is Jerry Cotton's chance to load up his dongs, because in 36 hours, it'll be everyone's favourite day on GBS-FM.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 9, 2023

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yes folks, it's time again for gbs-fm to say that we will Never Forget!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oNmFFNRtE8

e: I regret to inform you all that we are currently overrun by bees

Venomous fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 11, 2023

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

It's the happiest time of the year for GBS.FM

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

For those of you who aren't aware, on the gbs-fm Discord you're able to download dongs off YouTube with !ytdl and add them straight to gbs-fm!

I'm saying this itt because it was broken for the past month (probably because the actual youtube-dl program is a piece of poo poo made by shitlords lmao), but as of yesterday it's working again, so you can use !ytdl to add any dongs we're missing without any of the faff of downloading and uploading again!

For instance, I just used it to add this atrocious earworm!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ioWOnM_7fE

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Venomous posted:

(probably because the actual youtube-dl program is a piece of poo poo made by shitlords lmao),

I missed this, how are they shitlords?

(That said, I just use yt-dlp)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Neito posted:

I missed this, how are they shitlords?

so I'm pretty sure I had my wires crossed here. Last month in the discord, someone mentioned that a component was updated to include a closed-source library that spies on its users. I don't actually know whether said component was or is actually used in youtube-dl, or indeed whether the folks working on that component worked on youtube-dl at all, but it was mentioned in the context of youtube-dl being updated and breaking ytdl on the discord, and that's why it stuck in my mind that the youtube-dl devs are shitlords. They probably aren't. Sorry for the misinformation.

Neito posted:

(That said, I just use yt-dlp)

Anyway, this is the thing lmao

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Hi!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hello, I used to use GBS-FM a bunch but fell off for a long while. It seems like my login stuff doesn't work anymore though. Is there a way to reset?

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

TheKingslayer posted:

Hello, I used to use GBS-FM a bunch but fell off for a long while. It seems like my login stuff doesn't work anymore though. Is there a way to reset?

check PMs

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib
It's Thursday afternoon, so you know what time it is

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: stupid post, sorry

Venomous fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 20, 2023

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Venomous posted:

e: stupid post, sorry

Don’t post stupid, add stupid to playlist!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Time to get spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Happy 2024! GBS-FM is still going strong for all your goon music needs.

Also, a reminder that AI-generated music is banned on GBS-FM! Don't bother uploading your extremely funny version of John Lennon singing Shape of You or whatever, because we already know that it sucks poo poo.