Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

really wanna read eric s raymond's adult friend finder profile

more like his ashley badison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i just assumed he was in an open relationship

wasnt this heavily detailed in an earlier thread including pictures?

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

couldnt someone else come along and run reposurgeon on aws and ruin what appears to be months of effort?

How much would this cost?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I met him at a con once and he tried to convince me the US invented the chili pepper and also Tabasco is the best hot sauce on earth

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

feedmegin posted:

I met him at a con once and he tried to convince me the US invented the chili pepper and also Tabasco is the best hot sauce on earth

i like tobasco but i understand why it's not for everybody

animist
Aug 28, 2018

thebigcow posted:

How much would this cost?

<$20 if you choose one of the mostly-RAM instances and it takes a few hours to run. See https://www.ec2instances.info

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

rotor posted:

iirc he was very specific in that it was NOT black people and honestly I don't really imagine him having a lot of contact with actual black people irl so Im guessing maybe indian?

he specified 'sub-saharan african'

that fucker posted:

I will say that the racial minority involved was one not commonly encountered in the U.S., and in particular not descendants of sub-Saharan Africans or any group much related to them

i think in one of the previous esr threads the best anybody could come up with was 'somali / ethiopian'

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfivq3Ou4_M

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

i dont know how svn works, why is it such a difficult conversion, like a few minutes of googling suggests that you can get diffs between arbitrary revisions, so why not just make a whole shitload of patches and apply them one after another?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

elite_garbage_man posted:

Now that's devops

is there really a crowd clamoring for svn's entire development history to be ported to git?

going by the number of replies to that message on the mailing list (appears to be 0). nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

fritz posted:

i think in one of the previous esr threads the best anybody could come up with was 'somali / ethiopian'

you guys really overthink this stuff. it’s just a “clever” way of saying “black people”

• Locked thread