Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
I read the 1st few chapters of this a while back, ty for reminding me that it existed because id forgotten about it. I like haunted house horror stories so i was both disappointed and intrigued when it turned out to be something way more ambitious and insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
i read the remaining chapters. im pissed that the translations cut off right when they got into the house. Scanlators must be destroyed

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
Couldnt you just give me the raws and translations so i could clean and typeset and release them. ive never done it before but it seems like it would be pretty easy to do like 1 chapter a month. Scanlators operate by insane esoteric social rules that normal humans cant understand though so maybe that would create "drama".

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

I might try my hand at solo-ing chapter 16 in a sort of rudimentary fashion (I do have an ongoing thread in GBS where I do all the lettering myself) but... I don’t have infinite time or anything... And if I can’t sustainably do a chapter a week at the SLOWEST, I probably want to think of something else.

id be happy to do cleaning and some degree of redrawing on a weekly basis if you were to handle the typesetting

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

while all this has plenty of otherworldly stuff going on, we don't really know how spooky ghosts connect in yet. what we know of souboutei so far could easily be purely some kind of bizarre scifi thing with an alien planet, but the manga has gone out of its way to show that 1. spirits and ghosts are real 2. seiichi can interact with/destroy them 3. souboutei obviously has something to do with spiritual stuff, the scientists and diviners were getting plenty of results. but we don't actually know anything about how dead people connect to souboutei yet. even the more recent zombie people are actually alive, so what's the actual dead spirit behind all that? presumably the artist who built the house has something to do with it, but there's no details to really even begin filling that kind of stuff in yet.

Iirc rokurou said he had a feeling the bad stuff at souboutei isnt because of ghosts, and it seems more likely to be some kind of cosmic horror extradimensional monster thing, so if there are ghosts hanging around theyre probably just a side effect of whatevers really going on. Since the artist who built the house was obsessed with death, maybe it's a device for immortality or something? maybe it separates the soul from the body and leaves the souls trapped in souboutei forever? not sure how that would relate to the alien monster side of things, or to what happened to seiichi, though

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

-Part of the manga's setting was based on the 1971 English novel "Hell House" by Richard Matheson. There's stuff he borrows flat out, like the name Barrett and naming an anti-ghost device Reverser. And stuff like the existence of a rational-minded scientist character. I haven't read it (yet) so I don't know what kind of further inspirations he took, but yeah.

Ive only seen the 1973 film "the legend of hell house" but if it was a faithful adaptation we can assume the final twist will be that souboutei is controlled by an extremely horny midget.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
In that case im repeating my offer to do cleaning and redrawing. hell maybe even typesetting once in a while. i dont have the time to do it more than once a week but if you could recruit multiple people and have them take turns you might be able to release them at the rate you want and still have it look pretty

Also maybe you should use "Wild Words" the canonical scanlation font

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
I think they said near the start his admin was unpopular. Probably he wasnt a very good prime minister because every time he had to handle affairs of state hed go, fiscal stimulus, sure i guess. new US military base, fine whatever. please dont bother me with this stuff unless it has to do with killing a house