Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

We're in good position for Letty to dump some blesses and curses if that is Fairgame's plan. Let's try to kill at least the top two and see how we are doing, though again I don't plan to attack the first round while I get set up. I'm fine with starting Nobby at C4. Hopefully if we get them we won't be shot in the rear a few times while hanging out in the next room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Plans are still sort of half-formed, I'll put the intro together once everyone's good!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

We're in good position for Letty to dump some blesses and curses if that is Fairgame's plan. Let's try to kill at least the top two and see how we are doing, though again I don't plan to attack the first round while I get set up. I'm fine with starting Nobby at C4. Hopefully if we get them we won't be shot in the rear a few times while hanging out in the next room.

This is precisely the plan on my end. Then I'm planning to book it to the next room early on turn 2. Figure we can weather 1 round of cannon fire and then reassess.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

FairGame posted:

This is precisely the plan on my end. Then I'm planning to book it to the next room early on turn 2. Figure we can weather 1 round of cannon fire and then reassess.

Okay. I will go fast and try to help clump up enemies for you on the right side.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TravelLog posted:

Okay. I will go fast and try to help clump up enemies for you on the right side.

That doesn't really help on turn 1, and on turn 2 the plan is that all of us peace out.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

FairGame posted:

That doesn't really help on turn 1, and on turn 2 the plan is that all of us peace out.

If you prefer, I can pull a distant foe closer to your starting position.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TravelLog posted:

If you prefer, I can pull a distant foe closer to your starting position.

That's handier. My goal is to prime the deck and then we'll gtfo next turn

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Cool. Phel, think the change in my orders are self explanatory, but let me know if you need me to revise.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Woot think we're all set. Phel, as a reminder I did PM a change in my initial orders a day or so ago, I'll stand by the change since we've settled on the plan for now.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Yep, I've got it!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Round 1A

Hand Changes posted:

- Kir Kanos removes Healing Sands and Desert Night, and adds Barbaric Instincts and Flaming Sickle.
- Letty removes Marching Beat and Melody and Harmony, and adds Echoing Aria and Wistful Wounding.

Round Reveal posted:

PLAYER OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards are marked in red, while lost cards are marked in purple. Cards in the active slot are marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen is acting at initiative 5 with Song of Speed and Disorienting Dirge.
code:
SONG OF SPEED (05) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies add +1 MOVE to all their Move actions, and add +1 Range to all their ranged attacks
Gain 1 XP at the beginning of each of your turns
When another Song is played, discard this card

BOT: MUDDLE, Target all enemies within Range 4 - 1 XP

///

DISORIENTING DIRGE (14) [Lvl4]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All enemies gain DISADVANTAGE on all their attacks

BOT: CURSE, Target all enemies within Range 3
---
BLESS, Affect all allies within Range 3
---
1 XP
Nobby Nobbs is acting at initiative 12 with Reinforced Steel and Crushing Hammer.
code:
REINFORCED STEEL (12) [Lvl5]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: At the end of each round, Refresh one of your spent items - 2 XP - LOSS

BOT: Round Bonus: SHIELD 2, Affect self and all adjacent allies

///

CRUSHING HAMMER (17) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK 3, STUN - 2 XP - LOSS

BOT: MOVE 2
---
Round Bonus: SHIELD 1, Self
Kir Kanos is acting at initiative 16 with Swift Strength and Flaming Sickle.
code:
SWIFT STRENGTH (16) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK 2, Range 2, Target 2, PULL 1

BOT: MOVE 2, Jump
---
Round Bonus: SHIELD 1

///

FLAMING SICKLE (63) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK 3, Range 2, PULL 1
---
Infuse FIRE

BOT: All adjacent enemies suffer 1 damage
---
LOOT 1
---
Infuse FIRE
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in-depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 12AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Not bad at all for an opening volley of fire. I can either stay put or grab the coin in the top left (if I do, cannon 4 shoots Letty?) Forgot Letty has the shawl so I'll grab that coin.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 17, 2022

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

If our quartermaster friend plays the shield, we can probably take 0 damage this turn (or close to it) and I'll also be adding 3 blesses to the deck along with 3 curses.

My turn is just going to be:
1.) Bless/Curse everything within range 3
2.) Put up the movement song so we can all book it into the next room
3.) Use my stamina potion to get back the 2 cards I just played

...then next turn I will plan to QUICKLY breach and then disable some of the enemies in the next room.

As a heads up for all of you, I'm having a surgery that's unfortunately more significant than I might like next Thursday. I suspect I'll still be able to play (in fact, I suspect I'll just end up online for hours on end when I'm not able to do anything else) but in the event I end up unresponsive for more than a day, I'm fine with the thread taking over for me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Just a couple things - you wont be able to stamina potion back your song if you are keeping it active, and the shield I'm using is self only unfortunately. The shield that hits everyone adjacent to me is on the bottom of my reinforced steel card I'm playing the top of so I can keep resetting Nobby's boots or goggles every round.

That said, sounds like a good plan and good luck with your surgery! No worries if you need some time.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

FairGame posted:

As a heads up for all of you, I'm having a surgery that's unfortunately more significant than I might like next Thursday. I suspect I'll still be able to play (in fact, I suspect I'll just end up online for hours on end when I'm not able to do anything else) but in the event I end up unresponsive for more than a day, I'm fine with the thread taking over for me.

No worries! Good luck with the surgery, and let us know how you're doing, and if you need to take a break.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

Just a couple things - you wont be able to stamina potion back your song if you are keeping it active, and the shield I'm using is self only unfortunately. The shield that hits everyone adjacent to me is on the bottom of my reinforced steel card I'm playing the top of so I can keep resetting Nobby's boots or goggles every round.

That said, sounds like a good plan and good luck with your surgery! No worries if you need some time.

Ah, right.

Plan for the round is just 1 and 2; no worries about not using the stamina potion.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Planning to update tonight; since there's a lot of pushing and pulling this round, the players are more than welcome to decide where things will end up (otherwise I'll just do my best to put things where they make sense).

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

FairGame posted:

If our quartermaster friend plays the shield, we can probably take 0 damage this turn (or close to it) and I'll also be adding 3 blesses to the deck along with 3 curses.

My turn is just going to be:
1.) Bless/Curse everything within range 3
2.) Put up the movement song so we can all book it into the next room
3.) Use my stamina potion to get back the 2 cards I just played

...then next turn I will plan to QUICKLY breach and then disable some of the enemies in the next room.

Best of luck with your surgery. As others have said, take all the time you need!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Phelddagrif posted:

Planning to update tonight; since there's a lot of pushing and pulling this round, the players are more than welcome to decide where things will end up (otherwise I'll just do my best to put things where they make sense).

Actually, which cannon is Kir planning to pull? Last minute review of our plan so I don't get myself pingponged to the bottom of the map.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Was planning on top right and bottom right, but if we want to just ignore bottom right and keep it further away from us, I can do the other two on the right side instead.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Round 1B

5. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (FairGame) posted:

- Letty uses Song of Speed (top)!
Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies add +1 MOVE to all their Move actions, and add +1 Range to all their ranged attacks

- Letty uses Disorienting Dirge (bottom)! Ancient Artillery 1, 2, 5, and 6 are CURSED. Kir Kanos and Nobby are BLESSED. Letty gains 1 XP.

12. Nobby Nobbs the Valrath Quartermaster (bagrada) posted:

- Nobby uses Reinforced Steel (top)! Persistent Bonus: At the end of each round, Refresh one of your spent items. Nobby gains 2 XP.

- Nobby uses Crushing Hammer (bottom)! Round Bonus: Shield 1.
Lots of prep work this round.

16. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (TravelLog) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Swift Strength (top)!
Attacks Ancient Artillery 1 for 3 damage (ATK 2, +1 modifier). Pulls to F4.
Attacks Ancient Artillery 5 for 2 damage (ATK 2, +0 modifier). Pulls to E5.

- Kir Kanos uses Flaming Sickle (bottom)! Ancient Artillery 1 and 5 suffer 1 damage.

- FIRE is strong.

17. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 1 pushes Kir Kanos to C5. Attacks Kir Kanos for 2 damage (ATK 2, +1 modifier, -1 shield).
- Ancient Artillery 2 pushes Kir Kanos to E4. Attacks Kir Kanos for 0 damage (ATK 2, CURSE modifier).
- Ancient Artillery 3 attacks Kir Kanos for 2 damage (ATK 2, +1 modifier, -1 shield).
- Ancient Artillery 4 attacks Nobby for 0 damage (ATK 2, +0 modifier, -2 shield).
- Ancient Artillery 5 pushes Kir Kanos to F2. Pushes Letty to B3. Attacks Kir Kanos for 0 damage (ATK 2, CURSE modifier).
- Ancient Artillery 6 attacks Nobby for 0 damage (ATK 2, -1 modifier, -1 shield).
This was a confusing set of pushes; hopefully things have ended up more or less where they're wanted.

End of Round posted:

- FIRE is waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS TOMORROW, 12AM EST:getin:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nobby is going to go reasonably fast with options to push, punch or blast something. Should be pretty versatile with my boots and the speed song. Did the cannon pushes mess either of you up or are we still game to breach and run away from these cannons?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

bagrada posted:

Nobby is going to go reasonably fast with options to push, punch or blast something. Should be pretty versatile with my boots and the speed song. Did the cannon pushes mess either of you up or are we still game to breach and run away from these cannons?

I'm fine. Still breaching and ill go first. Will shut down what I can though it depends somewhat on positioning.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I can follow quickly after and get myself set up.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 20, 2022

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Round 2A

Round Reveal posted:

PLAYER OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards are marked in red, while lost cards are marked in purple. Cards in the active slot are marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Kir Kanos is acting at initiative 6 with Flame Shroud and Sand Devil.
code:
FLAME SHROUD (06) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: The next five times an enemy enters a hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - LOSS
Gain 1 XP at the 2nd and 5th trigger
---
Infuse FIRE

BOT: MOVE 4
---
Consume FIRE: Round Bonus: SHIELD 1, 1 XP

///

SAND DEVIL (55) [Lvl5]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: Place the Sand Devil in an adjacent empty hex. It is considered a trap for the purposes of monster focusing and movement. At the start of each of your turns, you may move it up to 2 hexes, and you may force any figure on it to move with it. Any time a figure moves onto the devil or vice versa (not when moving together), the figure suffers 1 damage and gains MUDDLE. - 2 XP - LOSS

BOT: MOVE 5
Letty Van Halen is acting at initiative 6 with Mobilizing Measure and Provoke Terror.
code:
MOBILIZING MEASURE (06) [Lvl5]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies may perform a "MOVE 1" action before any of their Attack actions

BOT: MOVE 6 - 1 XP

///

PROVOKE TERROR (60) [Lvl6]
TOP: STUN, Range 4, Template

BOT: ATK 4, Range 4, PUSH 3
Nobby Nobbs is acting at initiative 26 with Hastened Step and Scroll of Lightning.
code:
HASTENED STEP (26) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK 2
---
MOVE 1
---
ATK 2

BOT: MOVE 5

///

SCROLL OF LIGHTNING (77) [Lvl3]
TOP: ATK 5, Range 3
---
Infuse LIGHT

BOT: MOVE 3
---
PUSH 1, Target all adjacent enemies
---
Infuse AIR
Normally I'd play the start of the round here, since Letty said she was opening the door. However, Kir actually has slightly faster initiative (since their leading cards are tied, we look at the other cards they played to see who's faster). I wasn't sure what his plan is this round, so let me know and I'll post a mini-update ASAP.

During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in-depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 12AM EST :getin:

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Would prefer Kir breach, then I will follow.

Don't care how kir breaches though with my move bonus it seems like sand devil can get out. Might so prefer to scramble for cover from cannons though.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Works for me.

Flame Shroud (bottom) with Letty's movement song gets me to the door hex and I will consume FIRE for defensive purposes. Depending on what happens when I open the door, I may or may not use my boots before plopping the Sand Devil down.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Round 2B (Part 1)

Short one today, we're just opening the door so the players can see what's coming up next.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (TravelLog) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Flame Shroud (bottom)! Moves to the door hex. The door opens!

Door Opened posted:

You break out of the main room into an antechamber. What was once dormant is now teeming with the living corpses of those long ago entombed here. And more than that, the way back to the surface is now closed off. You look around, desperate for some way to stop this situation from going from bad to worse.

Special Rules:
Do not set up the Stone Golems or Ancient Artilleries in this room until any character occupies the pressure plate at the end of their turn. Once this happens, follow the normal rules for spawning new monsters. In addition, the door is locked, and unlocks once any character occupies the pressure plate at the end of their turn.

When someone steps on the pressure plate, we'll spawn a normal Stone Golem at A9, an elite Stone Golem at G9, and normal Ancient Artilleries at A7, A11, and G11 (if any are available, currently all their standees are on the board). Also just as a reminder, these traps deal 7 damage and inflict poison.

Good luck! This looks like a rough draw but I'm sure y'all can handle it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nobby can push one of the zombies into a trap then tickle it a bit, or sprint in anywhere and blast something.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I think my best plan is to tuck in next to the lower left zombie, stun the two cannons that are next to one another, get back all 3 cards with my major stamina potion.

Only question for y'all is if I should use the curious gear to suck up all these trap tiles

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

I think my best plan is to tuck in next to the lower left zombie, stun the two cannons that are next to one another, get back all 3 cards with my major stamina potion.

Only question for y'all is if I should use the curious gear to suck up all these trap tiles

I think the curious gear is a good idea once you can reach the top traps with it so we have a clear exit once we trigger the plate. We can soften up the zombies with the lower traps this turn and next if Kir is putting out the sand devil.

I'm going to move next to zombie 3, shove it into the E9 trap, then follow and attack.

Is the plan to clear this room before we bring in the golems and more cannons? Or are we speed running to the exit?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

I think we're better off clearing these guys before we step on the plate.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

remember if you kill no cannons then no more can be spawned in.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

remember if you kill no cannons then no more can be spawned in.

I thought they had 8 standees, but if I'm mistaken then this is a very valid point.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

TravelLog posted:

I thought they had 8 standees, but if I'm mistaken then this is a very valid point.

There is one more room.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Sorry for the slight delay; I have orders for Nobby and Letty, but I'm not sure if Kir plans to stay in place, or use his boots to move, and whether/where the devil will be summoned.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Phelddagrif posted:

Sorry for the slight delay; I have orders for Nobby and Letty, but I'm not sure if Kir plans to stay in place, or use his boots to move, and whether/where the devil will be summoned.

I'll use boots to go to G8 and drop the Sand Devil in G9.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

TravelLog posted:

I'll use boots to go to G8 and drop the Sand Devil in G9.

Assuming you are setting up for zombie 3 I'll change my orders to push the elite into the front trap and go after him instead.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

That's the plan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Round 2B (Part 2)

Picking up from last time, let's see if we can clean up this mess.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (TravelLog) posted:

- Kir Kanos uses Flame Shroud (bottom)! Activates Boots of Dashing! Moves to G8.
Consumes FIRE. Round Bonus: SHIELD 1. Kir Kanos gains 1 XP!

- Kir Kanos uses Sand Devil (top)! Summons Sand Devil in G9. Kir Kanos gains 2 XP!

6. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (FairGame) posted:

- Letty gains 1 XP from her song!

- Letty uses Provoke Terror (top)! Ancient Artillery 1 and 5 are STUNNED.

- Letty uses Mobilizing Measure (bottom)! Moves to B7. Letty gains 1 XP.

- Letty uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers all discarded cards.

12. Nobby Nobbs the Valrath Quartermaster (bagrada) posted:

- Nobby uses Scroll of Lightning (bottom)! Moves to C7. Pushes Living Corpse 4 (E) to D8. Trap sprung! Living Corpse 4 (E) suffers 7 damage and is POISONED.

- Nobby uses Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Scroll of Lightning and Crushing Hammer!

- Nobby uses Hastened Step (top)! Moves to D7. Activates Eagle-Eye Goggles! Attacks Living Corpse 4 (E) for 6 damage (ATK 2, +1 bonus, +1/x2 modifier).

- AIR is strong.

Our party can dish out the damage, but can they take it?

17. Ancient Artillery posted:

- Ancient Artillery 1 loses STUN.
- Ancient Artillery 2 attacks Nobby for 1 damage (ATK 3, -1 modifier, -1 shield).
- Ancient Artillery 3 attacks Nobby for 0 damage (ATK 3, x0 modifier).
- Ancient Artillery 4 attacks Nobby for 0 damage (ATK 3, CURSE modifier).
- Ancient Artillery 5 loses STUN.
- Ancient Artillery 6 attacks Nobby for 3 damage (ATK 3, +1 modifier, -1 shield). Chainmail is spent.
Where's that "close door" button?

47. Living Corpse posted:

- Living Corpse 4 (E) attacks Nobby for 6 damage (ATK 5, +1 modifier). Nobby is POISONED.
- Living Corpse 3 attacks Kir Kanos for 0 damage (ATK 3, -2 modifier, -1 shield).
- Living Corpse 6 attacks Letty for 3 damage (ATK 3, +0 modifier).

48. Living Spirit posted:

- Living Spirit 1 attacks Letty for 4 damage (ATK 3, +1 modifier).
- Living Spirit 5 attacks Kir Kanos for 1 damage (ATK 3, +0 modifier, -2 shield). Chainmail is spent.

End of Round posted:

- Nobby refreshes Eagle-Eye Goggles.

- AIR is waning.
Instructions were to refresh the goggles; let me know if you want your armor back instead.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS TOMORROW, 12AM EST:getin: