Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
2) Icy Blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Having a lot of fun following this LP, and since it looks like I won't be traveling for a good long time, please sign me up to play! I'd love to participate at some point.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
City event: A
Perk: Ignore scenario effects,

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, that sounds like fun. Keep things moving.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
A sounds like fun.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
2) option B for the road event. I don't think we have anyone strong enough in our party to remove the obstruction
3) Dark Frenzy for the mindthief card. The level 7 options look pretty bad. And Add 2 rolling +1 modifiers for the perk

4) Looks like I'm playing the spellweaver next, so I feel I should weigh in here
Spellweaver enahncements:
+1 attack to Fire Orbs - I think that's 100g
or
Strengthen on the bottom of Mana Bolt for 50g is really useful.
Add a hex to cold fire is probably the best use of our current money, that gets my vote.

5) scenario 26 for our next destination
6) also voting to buy boots of striding for the spellweaver

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I just realized our spellweaver doesn't have an invisibility cloak. Therefore, can we please, instead of buying boots,
Sell the second skin and buy an invisibility cloak.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

That Italian Guy posted:

Both Cloaks are currently in use by diminutive Rat-people. You can check the current item availability in the Market Pool tab of the spreadsheet!

Ah, ok. That's rough. Guess I'll stick with voting to buy boots then!

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm guessing I don't get to buy the boots?
I'll plan to start in either C1 or E1 (flip a coin?), go slow, get my summon out and queue up an attack, hoping that one or more of the enemies moves close enough.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Fair enough.
Will be more difficult to cheese the scenario then!

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Superterranean posted:

well this isn't going well. Ash is going to take 11, Splinter's going to take 8. I think Drakes 2 and 3 are heading Ash's way, and 6 is headed to Splinter.

I think Splinter's going to slap the elite in front of him and stun something else, so at least it's out of the way for next turn. either way, Splinter's generating ice this turn so maybe next turn we can get a perfect Cold Fire on the righthand side?

Step B orders:
use Mind's Weakness TOP to attack drake 6; use Perverse Edge BOTTOM to attack either the other elite drake, or ooze 1, whichever ChocolatePancake thinks is better.

proposed Step B orders for Pikachu:

concentrated rage BOTTOM, then Energizing Strike TOP hitting the elite drake.

Does it make sense to use a stam pot of Pikachu's this turn, to get back Energizing Strike and cure the wounds on ash and splinter?

Looks like drake 3 will act first and go to B4 to lay some hurt on the bear, then drake 6 will head to E3 to attack Splinter, then I think drake 2 will move up to D3 to attack pikachu, since B4 will be occupied and it will take less movement to get to pikachu.
I'm assuming the bear can take care of the drake going for it, either this turn or next turn, then the bear can focus on the ooze on that side. I'll put my ally in B2 and it can help with that as well.
I recommend you stun the ooze on your side, then next turn I'll go fast and use your frost and my fire and stun the two drakes in D3 and E3 with cold fire.

If I'm wrong about the enemy movement, and only 1 drake comes towards you, then yeah, stun it and I'll plan to stun the other two next turn. Either way, I'll shoot the elite drake 6 that's heading your way this turn. Rending drakes are the worst and I want them to die as soon as possible.

I'm down with Pikachu using the stamina potion this turn too, makes sense to me.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
You know what I'm doing. Going as fast as I can, strengthen myself up and hit those two drakes next to us as hard as I can while stunning them. I will probably be killing the elite drake, so I recommend you focus on the regular one. Bear and mystic ally should have the other elite drake covered.

And of course I'll be using that ice and fire.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Wasn't planning to heal the bear, was going to either heal splinter or strengthen myself to ensure drake death.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Right, forgot about that. My original plan was to use the strengthen on myself anyway

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'll plan to move up to D4 and hit the two oozes with my last non-loss attack. Between my summon, the bear, and my small attack, we might be able to kill ooze 8.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Like I said, I'm planning to move to D4 and I'll attack both oozes with the top of Forked Beam.
Between the mystic ally, the bear, and forked beam, we have a decent chance at downing ooze 8, so I recommend Splinter uses his attack on ooze 6.

And I'll be long resting next round.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Whoops, sorry, I always seem to forget that :)

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, that was rough, but we got through it just fine. I'm out of cards, so I need to rest this turn. Going to put orders in for a long rest next turn. Then turn after that I can open the door with AOE stun ready.

Might not be a terrible idea to have Pikachu do an early long rest just to clear that wound, as I'm not sure we have any other way of clearing it right now. Bear and the mystic ally can finish off that last ooze. Or maybe it will kill itself?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Just remember that the wound damage ticks before the long rest heal happens, so he needs to long rest before he gets to 1hp.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I think there's a real good chance you're going to want to save that cloak for later. Remember our goal is to open all the doors. I'm thinking at some point we may have to abandon killing the bad guys and make a mad dash to open everything up.
You can open the door if you want. Could make things very interesting. Next turn would definitely be safer, especially if you make ice for me to use with cold fire.
Otherwise I'll use my mana potion this turn to make ice.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Cool, I can probably use, next turn, the ice you're making this turn then.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, that room is a nasty surprise, this will be fun! If I survive to next round, I can take out 3 of them with the piercing bow and fire orbs, so I support any plan that helps me not die.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, I'm going to fire orbs them, hopefully to death. There's a chance the elite survives though.
I don't know what to do with the Beast Tyrant either. Hopefully the thread can give some good suggestions.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I take it you want to go for the bottom room next, as opposed to the left room? I think it makes sense for Splinter to rest this turn, I'll move up behind her.
It would be nice if Pikachu could start working his way towards the door by A2, so he can open that later.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Sounds like a good plan to me.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Sent in two turns of orders for the Spellweaver.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, I think it's about time to make a rush for the doors.
First, I guess we need a clarification That Italian Guy do we have to actually touch every single door tile? I'm referring to the G map board on the left. Do we have to hit the door that's currently next to the bear, and both doors next to A1 and A2 in this new room? Or do we just need to open one of them? (In addition to all the other doors of course).

My initial thoughts, there's definitely going to be a door connecting those two rooms on the right. I'll move up 1 or 2 spots this turn, throw my stun at whomever is clumped up. Superterranean, I'm guessing you'll stun whoever you think is the biggest threat to us.
I don't think opening the door to G is a good idea this turn, there's probably more bad guys that will eat us. I suggest moving up next to it, then stamina potion scurry back, use that and your best move, preparing to next turn open the doors on the left, and the door down by the night spirit in C5. I'll stamina potion back ride the wind and plan to open the door by the drake in C2, then move into the room and open the door connecting those two rooms on the right. Ride the wind should give me enough move for that.
The only question is if we need to open that door that is back by the bear. If so, we'll need Pikachu to giddy up there.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
OK guys, Pikachu needs to move 7 tiles between this turn and next to open that door, how do we get him there?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That might work, we open everything else up next round, Pikachu swaps with something that is hopefully close to the door, goes invisible to not die (if necessary), then moves to open that door.
Or, maybe he can swap spots with my summon, which should be right by the door as well, then next round open the door and go invisible to not die.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That Italian Guy
Forgot to add this to my orders last night, but can I please use my major stamina potion and get back Mana Bolt, Engulfed in Flames, and Cold Fire?

Superterranean, any chance you can generate frost this turn? I'm thinking I'll use my biggest single target attack this turn on the spirit near me, then next turn break out the aoe stun again.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Pikachu can't get to the door we bypassed for three turns, so I guess we're killing these guys for another turn or two until we're ready to open all the doors.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Oh lovely, we're getting more oozes. Just what we needed. I'm planning to hit spirit 2 as hard as I can, but I probably won't kill it.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That Italian Guy

Can I please use my minor stamina potion, get back MANA BOLT and RIDE THE WIND.

My plan for next turn is to walk right up next to the drake and use my aoe stun on some oozes. Superterranean, you think you can finish off that drake before it goes?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Superterranean posted:

I can't guarantee I'll go faster than the rending drakes - they have some bullshit moves - but I'll be going PDQ.

Sounds good. Also, I just realized that the mystic ally has a good chance of taking it out first anyways, so make sure to account for that possibility.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
If we want the chest, we probably need to clear this room first. I'm fine if we want to do that. Otherwise next turn I can get the double doors by me and one of the other doors. I'm assuming Splinter can get the other door plus the door that will be connecting the two unrevealed rooms on the right, and Pikachu can get the door we bypassed and go invisible to ensure the win. Decent chance Splinter and I die in this maneuver, but that doesn't matter.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I can get the doors by me and one of the other ones using ride the wind, so you only need to get the door by you and the unrevealed one.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Well, the bear is about to die. I"m of the opinion we should just end it this round.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, I'll input my orders to that effect. Have to go relatively slow though, as my fast cards are all in the lost pile now.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, we can do that if you want. I can reach the chest this turn, but then I'll need another turn to maneuver into position and get ride the wind back after that in order to open the doors.
I'll put in some conditional orders.

Edit: if Splinter decides to open the doors this round, I'm getting the two next to me and the lowest door in this room. Otherwise I'll grab the chest. Either way I'm shooting one of the oozes with my attack 4.

ChocolatePancake fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Yeah, going to take me 3 rounds I think. Move and chuck an AOE at a couple oozes this round, just in case for some reason the bear doesn't get them, short rest, then next round get all my lost cards back, then round after that I'll have Ride the Wind back I can play then. I wonder how much loot Splinter can scoop up in the meantime. Unfortunately running for the chest has put me out of position for grabbing many coins.