Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Spellweaver, Tinkerer, Brute. The classic MMO trinity of roles (though Gloomhaven doesn't really adhere to it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's worth mentioning that most Gloomhaven classes have direct analogues in either classic D&D or WoW, so if you've got old favorites and wonder if/how they translate... :justpost:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The Spellweaver doesn't exactly mind being able to nom it's own element generation.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Literally any party composition can work. It's not like the group is going to be running hard mode right from the intro, and character development will fill lots of holes that might exist at level 1 with minimal gear. Pick what you think is cool.

e: Actually I guess we are playing on hard mode from the start. Still think any party will be fine for the early scenarios.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 19, 2018

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
There are some extremely important tools for each character that are situational and thus get overlooked in the reddit class guides. Scenarios in this game get pretty varied.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Retirement time really, really depends on what goal you get at what point in the campaign. I played my first character to level 9, and had to focus on my goal at that, while the rest of our party retired around level 5 (hell, we might have had a second character retire before I managed to retire my first one). I really wouldn't plan around retirement timing this early on, aside from "it'll take a while." This is pre-first scenario after all; even level 4 and 5 is a long way in the future.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Take the money.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry, was watching Chiefs game, drink Nog and Bourbon. I just woke up, and I'll get that over to you shortly

Are you literally me? :stare:

e: Actually, my vote on a MIA player turn is to just take the first plan posted in the thread. Regardless of effectiveness. :getin: Covers both proceeding with the game quickly and leaving agency in the thread's hands.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 24, 2018

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Zack Ater posted:

Always go back to Gloomhaven.
I don't know what the scenario entails, but just to be contrary, go do clockwork cove.
Move the difficulty back up to +0.

Voting for this. It ought to be delightful to watch.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Eat the obviously-poisonous berries.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ever played X-COM?

Remember what happens when you activate a new enemy squad with your last move of a round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I think this is the mission where I realized that the party is not, in fact, The Good Guys.