Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loose goose
Oct 29, 2012

once i possess what i desire the millenium rod will mean absolutely nothing to me

Shinji2015 posted:

So out of curiosity, how spoilery is the Vinland Saga talk on the latest episode of Versus Wolves? I'm like halfway through Season 1, so should I just avoid it and skip to the end, or am I safe to listen to it?

they talk thru pretty much all of season 1, I'd wait if I was you Shinji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Absolutely wait, because Woolie only watched S1 but they only issue a single spoiler warning, for the climax.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea save it for after you finish s1

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Okay, I figured as much, thanks all

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Listen to the podcast Shinji.

Or Captain Invictus has to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
anyone following pat's dragon's dogma/yakuza streams? how close is he to finishing either? I've almost caught up on his FF7R2 VODs and I'm hoping he gets back to that soon, they were great fun. especially when it was revealed that after winning the queen's blood tournament, he didn't actually understand how queen's blood worked

like he just outright short circuited for a good half hour while everyone tried to explain to him how scoring worked and it just never loving penetrated his skull

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I normally hate card games, but I liked Queen's Blood, mostly because you could pick from pre-mades. I hate building decks.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Captain Invictus posted:

anyone following pat's dragon's dogma/yakuza streams? how close is he to finishing either? I've almost caught up on his FF7R2 VODs and I'm hoping he gets back to that soon, they were great fun. especially when it was revealed that after winning the queen's blood tournament, he didn't actually understand how queen's blood worked

like he just outright short circuited for a good half hour while everyone tried to explain to him how scoring worked and it just never loving penetrated his skull

He's over halfway done with Infinite Wealth. His plan was to finish that first and then go back to FF7

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think he could finish LAD8 early next week, he's at chapter 12 but needs to gear up one party to endgame (offscreen before tomorrow's stream) and then the other party as well plus levels. He actually mentioned just now that when he finishes tomorrow's stream he might change Thursday stream to Helldivers or Rebirth to grind offstream.

For those who have played LAD8, next stream is probably a good one to catch live, he's about to see Daigo at the sad fishing shack and find out that he was cancelled as well, and the security business thing barely lasted a loving year lmao

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Listening to the Balatro chat on this week's podcast with increasing bewilderment. This game doesn't sound real. You... you kill the banana and get the cavendish? I thought it was a game about poker!

e: I mentally blinked and thought woolie talking about liberating planets in helldivers was also part of balatro chat, it made exactly as much sense in the context I have

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Dabir posted:

Listening to the Balatro chat on this week's podcast with increasing bewilderment. This game doesn't sound real. You... you kill the banana and get the cavendish? I thought it was a game about poker!

e: I mentally blinked and thought woolie talking about liberating planets in helldivers was also part of balatro chat, it made exactly as much sense in the context I have

Haven't listened to the podcast but Balatro is NOT a game about poker, other than in the sense that it uses poker as it's theme. You start with a basic set of poker cards, maybe modified a bit by your starting conditions, and during battle you use the cards you draw to build poker hands, but your actual GOAL in making those hands is to build a big score.. and to do that, you modify your deck via 'powerups' called jokers that provide unique effects and score multipliers under certain conditions, and you can get other effects that modify the cards themselves to (for example) be usable as any suit, or change their number (rank), or have the card itself add a mutiplier to your score when you use it (or when you DONT use it)... theres a TON of ways to change things but the goal is just, get a big score by combining multipliers and bonuses. So in the end it's mostly a game about math, altho you don't necessarily have to do that math yourself, just put things together and see what happens.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

right, right, that much I had sort of grasped, but it's still the case that the boys sounded utterly deranged describing it

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Dabir posted:

right, right, that much I had sort of grasped, but it's still the case that the boys sounded utterly deranged describing it

If you want context: Both the banana and cavendish are joker cards; the banana gives a very good multiplier bonus but has a 1 in 4 chance to disappear. If it does happen to disappear on its own and not by being sold off or destroyed by another joker, then you can get the cavendish to show up in the current run. It offers an even better multiplier bonus and has a 1 in 1000 chance to be destroyed in itself.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Watching Pat's Balatro stream vod and he's avoidant of arcana and planet cards, just wants joker mult. Chat's starting to bully him into it but I think as much as the game has defeated certain goblins for him it's also created new ones, like a hydra growing two heads for each one removed.

Context for those who aren't playing Balatro: planet cards level up how much each poker hand scores and arcana cards mostly upgrade/alter your cards. Edit. Oh, and jokers are the rogue like buffs, like boons in Hades.

Pretty sure most of his wins have been from many restarts until he got super lucky with jokers.

Okay, while I was typing this out he got jokers that encourage card alterations so he's kinda being forced into arcana at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel like card games just fracture pat's brain in weird ways. for example, the queen's blood bit where he managed to completely roflstomp the tournament and then it was revealed he didn't even understand the core scoring functionality of the game, and spent nearly an hour just kind of melting live on stream while everyone in chat absolutely lost their minds trying to explain basic tenets of the rules to him

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Yeah but supposedly this one fixed a lot of problems he usually has since he already understands poker cards, at least that was his claim on the podcast.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really want to see him try to play MTG

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Brightman posted:

Yeah but supposedly this one fixed a lot of problems he usually has since he already understands poker cards, at least that was his claim on the podcast.

The specific fix was about deck-building in card game roguelites, he understands why small deck good now. Because he has internalized that small deck means you see what you want more often. Whereas prior he couldn't get past the idea of not wanting to add good cards to your deck when given them.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
That was part of it but he said he also learned how to do builds since he already understands poker cards. Except he tends to ignore a decent chunk of it, so I guess he's just trying to build glass cannons.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Pat decimating every queens blood opponent in the tournament without understanding how the scores work is one of the greatest things ever

The moment he said that the score for a lame should’ve been five and everyone desperately begging him to explain where he’s getting five from and he never answers. Perfection.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
We're talking about the man who thought that 2x0=1

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
There's a lot of silly nitpicks that get brought up in this thread, and you know, what use is complaining about some subjective problem you have with random dudes on youtube when you're still happy enough to continue watching them. But here's mine. Pat has gotta stop calling what he does "covering" games. That is all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
why

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he is too small. cannot possibly cover a game

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

pat is topping games

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
He perches on games like a little gargoyle

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

pat's a power bottom

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

UP AND ADAM posted:

There's a lot of silly nitpicks that get brought up in this thread, and you know, what use is complaining about some subjective problem you have with random dudes on youtube when you're still happy enough to continue watching them. But here's mine. Pat has gotta stop calling what he does "covering" games. That is all.

Rather Pat that some lovely IGN reviewer, at least I can see gameplay for myself and be entertained at the same time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Paige is back to streaming LA Noire, it's a fun time, but the game makes her go into a little maze and lol she gets turned around and just walks back out the way she came in. Look at Pat's skin
https://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidMushyCattleNerfRedBlaster-5nXBQDAOWavMyj-7

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pat really embodies 'Live, Laugh, Love' the hardest out of anybody I've ever seen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MorningMoon posted:

Paige is back to streaming LA Noire, it's a fun time, but the game makes her go into a little maze and lol she gets turned around and just walks back out the way she came in. Look at Pat's skin

holy poo poo lmao

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MorningMoon posted:

lol holy gently caress.

And poor Paige, she looks like she can't decide to laugh or cry

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I'm not caught up with Woolie's Yakuza 0 LP, but I can see that the latest Youtube video is called "The Final Battle" and has the manager of the last rival club in the thumbnail. I don't know what he's going to do after finishing the Cabaret Club minigame, but I just had a thought that it might be funny if he just ends the LP there. Maybe he can go straight to Kiwami 2 with a save file at the start of the Cabaret Club game in that one.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A good poster posted:

I'm not caught up with Woolie's Yakuza 0 LP, but I can see that the latest Youtube video is called "The Final Battle" and has the manager of the last rival club in the thumbnail. I don't know what he's going to do after finishing the Cabaret Club minigame, but I just had a thought that it might be funny if he just ends the LP there. Maybe he can go straight to Kiwami 2 with a save file at the start of the Cabaret Club game in that one.

An LP to surpass FF8...............

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
pat why shave

why shave pat

shave pat why

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

pat why shave

why shave pat

shave pat why

I had a coworker who did something similar, and the reason was so that they can get their newborn baby to recognize “dad” with and without the beard

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Doesn't that usually backfire when your child is immediately terrified of you?

EDIT: Also, the why is here. He had a mishap with a beard trimmer without a guard on it.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 11, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I liked how he told it in the podcast because he started with the modem issues and Woolie was concerned at how the modem could do such a thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Poor fella, least it grows back fast so we get Classic Pat in a week again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I had to shave off my beard recently when the barber gave me a bad beard trim. I feel ya, Pat.