Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A good poster posted:

EDIT: Also, the why is here. He had a mishap with a beard trimmer without a guard on it.

Who among us hasn't done this at least once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1778884570462712318

Pat Pawn!

(and biboo too yay)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They coded in a special exception to the height limit for him?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

For people off of Twitter, the only thing that got cut off was a link to the website: https://dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/officialpawn/

Also it's not just Pat, Woolie's on the board too! Even though his account doesn't get linked.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 13, 2024

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dabir posted:

They coded in a special exception to the height limit for him?

The pawns are just their in-game pawn that's been made "official" so Pat's pawn is probably Big Paige? Apparently if anyone with an official pawn ever decides to do a full new game (restart, old save is deleted, etc.) that means the official pawn goes poof too because of that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There seems to be 2 types of official pawn. 1 is that person's in game pawn and the other is a Capcom controlled pawn of fixed level

Asmongold (:barf:) has multiple pawns at 10 level intervals, for example.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

For people off of Twitter, the only thing that got cut off was a link to the website: https://dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/officialpawn/

Also it's not just Pat, Woolie's on the board too! Even though his account doesn't get linked.

Woolie's been there. Guessing they just threw his face back in next to Pat to fill a spot on their template, since they only had seven new ones.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The Twitter profile pic for him is perfect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

Woolie's been there. Guessing they just threw his face back in next to Pat to fill a spot on their template, since they only had seven new ones.

I mean the twitter embed cuts him out and his account isn't linked so it felt like enough to mention.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1778579062455480558

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
After he fixed it. Wonder what the bed was like before!

The Muffinlord fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 14, 2024

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Only two bed legs, I'll leave it to the readers imagination if missing two opposite corner legs or two in one end is funnier.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The envelope stuff was because he had to stay perfectly balanced pre-coffee cans arc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I glanced at pat's twitch and there's a VOD for FF7 Rebirth, which I was excited for, and it appears to be roughly two and a half hours of Just Chatting based on skimming along the trackbar, did he decide it wasn't a good day for it or the game didn't work or something?

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Regarding the latest Vs Wolves - Kill 6 Billion Demons; I love how John appreciates just how juicy the names and phrases in the comic can get

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Solar Tornado posted:

Regarding the latest Vs Wolves - Kill 6 Billion Demons; I love how John appreciates just how juicy the names and phrases in the comic can get

And he and Woolie are both comparably early in the comic. poo poo will pop off progressively harder as they keep going.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
There is only one name in K6BD that trumps all of the others and it’s amazing when it gets revealed

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I glanced at pat's twitch and there's a VOD for FF7 Rebirth, which I was excited for, and it appears to be roughly two and a half hours of Just Chatting based on skimming along the trackbar, did he decide it wasn't a good day for it or the game didn't work or something?
A dumber reason iirc: He did a Ruby Weapon Hour, then realized the Indy World stream was going to air soon.

Silksong was not in fact revealed at the Indie stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3TCIgJxAEo&t=1787s

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 19, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh poo poo in person podcast let's go

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
DMC3 in person coop stream tomorrow

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nani the gently caress

Is Woolie going to give Baby Pat Jr. the pass Premium?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://clips.twitch.tv/BetterAntediluvianDaikonAMPEnergyCherry-nLrEFgB9TarJbFQU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol poor Pat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's never been realer than with the Reggie Cam

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I’m seriously tempted to try this rise of the ronin game after watching a few episodes of it.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Smol smol Pat.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Never forget that Pat is statistically shorter than a 17th century Frenchman.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1765868793228837258

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

After Woolie mentioned Nikke, I put an entire week into it and got hooked. Gacha games never did anything for me, but this one did. Gross.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

it has been surprisingly good, i started playing it at launch just to see how bad it would be (obviously a game so blatantly fanservicey would come out garbage, especially by this dev i never heard of). altho I think they had a previous game called Destiny's child or something that was actually kinda quietly good also?

just make sure you have the discipline to never open your wallet. you don't need to and it is not worth it. if you actually enjoy the game you can eventually get everything you need playing 20-30 mins a day

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Yeah, when I got the urge to spend, I walked away, then found a Reddit post that gave advice on how to efficiently level your dudes.

Everything in the cash shop looks like a ripoff

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Isn't Pat's kid about 8 months? I think he's a bit older than my youngest. All this "I have a sweet baby that doesn't cry and loves strangers" is going to be extremely funny in retrospect around this time next year or so.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Aww that camera shot is brutal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Warbird posted:

Isn't Pat's kid about 8 months? I think he's a bit older than my youngest. All this "I have a sweet baby that doesn't cry and loves strangers" is going to be extremely funny in retrospect around this time next year or so.

Haha yeah hello I just spent a weekend with my son whose molars are all coming in at once while i had a fever lemme tell you my adventures

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That poor kid is going to have so much "I love this little poo poo but I also kind of want to kill him" content to hold over his old man's head soon. It's going to be great.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Dad, I want this chocolate"
"No, we have food at home."
"But it's half off, that means it's free and mom doesn't have to catch you in the closet, street fighter 5 doesn't need extra content just good gameplay."

I don't care for Nikke, but I tried their Stellar Blade demo and it's pretty dang good. Won't buy at full price due to a very stacked backlog, but I'm glad that studio is growing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Woolie, Pat & REGGIE & knuckles let's fuckin go

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haaa he looks like a baby in a high chair

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dabir posted:

Haaa he looks like a baby in a high chair

lol gently caress

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Something something double stuffed Oreo something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I've been playing Nikke since it dropped, and it's honestly legit. The writing is way better than it has any right to be.

On release the game was buggy as poo poo (like 40% of the cast had bugs of some sort. Someweapon types were completely unusable) but the devs fixed all that and have been pretty good about listening to it's audience.

The gacha aspect is pretty dope, too. The game shower you with pulls, and the pity is universal, so it's pretty easy to keep up.