Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

One walked so the other could run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Andrast posted:

X-2 is great

Incorrect.

Was. :smug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well I for one was more upset about Pat's rant about how upset the rollback/virtua fighter stuff made him, where he repeated his feelings like 3 or 4 times in a row the exact same way for like 10 minutes. Woolie's patience is vast.

Comparatively, Pat was brief and well spoken in his relishing in the eventual death of the queen. The queen speech.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean part of the reason he did that is Woolie questioning and probing the idea trying to understand it. It's less Woolie's patience and more this weird thing called a conversation.

That's great and all but when I'm listening to the audio podcast and he has to wheel around and say it again, again, eventually I've just gotta skip the segment.

Probably comes across better if I'm watching the video, but I was navigating highway traffic at the time and that didn't seem the best time to give it a watch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I stand with Pat

Above him, anyway

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There have been more than a few times where I mistakenly took woolie to be the perfect foil to Pat in that I thought he was a relatively chill, perfectly reasonable voice in the room.

This has backfired on me a few times, and it's always hilarious to me when it happens.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Clips, lmao

Masterpiece

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sting and/or Matt are gonna die

Edit: how the gently caress did this post end up here?!?!?!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have a very similar energy when driving through places that uh....don't have a ton.

Texas is like a Canada that eats paste, in that regard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Praying for the strangers online in this trying time. Hopefully they can tweet through their feelings.

But also lmao what a move.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sirtommygunn posted:

Everyone has crazy fans, you just see a lot more from Pat & Paige because they make an active effort to respond to these creeps.

This.

Nowhere is safe.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Paying attention to the chat for any reason is bonkers to me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sirtommygunn posted:

It makes people give them money

No I know. But it's the part of the job I will never in my wildest dreams be envious of.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

Also if u remember anything you see or do on the internet ever you're a psycho tbh.

That's fair. If I told someone the concept of Sonic the Hedgehog wearing shades made me think of someone named grandpa I'd be appropriately questioned for losing my mind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pat yelling about Spanish had me in stitches

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They fuckin are

Piss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my god

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont see a problem with him hearing himself in conversation memories. I do not remember things that way, but that doesn't feel like a bridge too far to me.

Songs though--that's bonkers to me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SgtSteel91 posted:

Did Pat really joke on the Podcast that Lance Riddick died because Destiny 2 is a bad game?

Who says it's a joke? For now I think it's a solid lead. Consider all possibilities, imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oxyclean posted:

Like if Pat popped on the podcast after Miura passed away and was like "Wow man would rather die then finish Berserk" you'd probably have people similarly reacting negatively.

hilariously incorrect

Pretty much everyone darkly predicted he'd die before Berserk got finished--that it happened way earlier than anyone thought was a surprise, but the sentiment had been around for over a decade

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stop listening if you want to, but lmao if you think Pat qualifies as a problem for....this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: that poo poo i wrote was sort of heavy I should add that I landed on my feet and am very extremely OK these days too hell ya :-]

:thumbsup: hell ya

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Szmitten posted:

When he remembers the baby crying he's going to hear it in his own voice.

God dammit lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pat will regret his words and deeds, so help me god

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

good god that turn to the camera, along with Pat's sudden realization of what Woolie was going to say--I was hooting and hollering, both at the same time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I beat it in one try but it was obnoxious as heck and I hated it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Monathin posted:

The obnoxiousness is the point. It's a solo duty designed to have friction. You can dislike it all you want but it's pretty intentionally meant to catch in your mental gears and gently caress with you.

I won't get super into it but that whole expansion had an issue where I just did not buy into any of its antagonists. Crazy moments, crazy settings, but the villains left a ton to be desired and I think that probably bled into that quest for me. Was tired of their bullshit before that quest, unaware of all the bullshit that lay before me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I...uh...huh.

Nah the antagonists sucked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Woolie's hatred of everything Gundam SEED makes me feel better

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

God i would never ever want to be famous, especially famous on the internet

Truer words have never been spoken

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pre-emptive congrats to Pat, for a brief period of time he'll be the second shortest person in a room

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"I'M STILL STREAMING!!!"

the angry man

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DrSnakeLaser posted:

I feel like Pat being able to shrug off taking piss to the face is a strange kind of character development I didn't expect.

Speaking from experience, it's completely unsurprising. Within the first week of having a kid my son obliterated 5 diapers in a row with back to back to back to back to back piss and poo poo. By the end of it all I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's once in a blue moon but I've definitely had days where I'll have a decent lunch and I'll coast until like....drat near 9pm before I start to feel hungry again. Not even a large lunch! It's a rare thing, though. I've always chalked it up to stress.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My thoughts with Pat as he becomes a walking piss and poop transporter, devoid of thought, chaining one parental action to the next.

Okay, it's not that bad but lmao I took 3 months off from my job to make those first few months sane

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pat really has the most magically misshapen brain.

It's true. He sees the world in a magical way, even if it's wrong.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Warbird posted:

Catcher In The Rye is also bad

Yeah but it's a bad I enjoyed reading. Still cracks me up it was at the center of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, since it just kinda hammers home the intense goober vibes no matter what the series tries.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dabir posted:

Yeah for one thing it's actually goos

Nah, it hovers right around the same level as the others mentioned

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
eren got to see all of time and just kinda meatheaded to a conclusion "yeah i guess i gotta kill everybody"

all the discourse around it revolves around an idiot loser reaching an idiotic loser conclusion

you can read deeper into it but why would you bother? Eren didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Listen, all I know is that the turning point for me on the series was when one of the big captains or whatever was revealed to be a proponent of putting torture victims into a chair upside down and having a tube go from their butt to their own mouth so they could eat their own poo poo.

Like I get the point of the scene was "huh, I think we might have a fair share of bad eggs and psychos running this thing" but buddy I don't ever wanna see that in any medium.