Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Sekiro adding an easy mode or assist mode will not take away the normal difficulty.

I guess if the ‘easy’ difficulty was like reducing all enemy hp, damage, and defenses then I can see how it wouldn’t take away from the ‘normal’ difficulty. That’s just changing some numbers in the enemy coding

Although I can easily imagine if there was an ‘easy mode’ added, there would be some article online with the title “Sekiro’s Easy Mode too Easy?”

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

But I do wonder if adding an easy mode would inform developer decisions with, say, enemy placements or boss mechanics, even unconsciously.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Then don't play on that mode.

The way I take it to mean is that the person who played Darks Souls on normal mode and fell in love with the series is not going to be the same experience the person who played the same game on easy mode is going to have.

But maybe the person who plays on easy mode isn’t into learning the combat mechanics like the person who plays it on normal and rather look at the scenery or collect all the items for lore

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dias posted:

It should, because they should be thinking about it regardless. I'll just keep pointing towards DMC5 a bunch while this discussion happens.

How does DMC5 do it?

Isn’t there some mechanic where the combat music gets added to/better the higher your combo rank? Does the easy mode there disable that or something so you can hear the SSS version of the music no matter your skill level?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I’ve also hear from the Gamer crowd to watch a gameplay movie/Let’s Play

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

You just know if the next soulsborne game had selectable difficulties, these same people would say the normal mode sucks because the overall game had to be ‘dumbed down’ for the easy mode

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

literally nobody is saying games should be easier across the board so more people can enjoy them. they want the option. and if the response to that is "the resources to do that aren't there" then say that instead of complaining about entitled gamers

I think I’m kind of sort of in that camp

I tried to voice it earlier, but I think a soulsbourn game designed with multiple difficulty modes in mind would be different from one that had one difficulty in mind

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Sex Tragedy posted:

You can't assuage the difficulty to allow people to "experience the story" of sekiro, because the difficulty is part of the story.

What you think is “easy” might be “hard” for someone else

The difference is an easy/assisted mode for them makes the game as hard as it is for you on normal difficult, instead of impossible for them

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It’s hard watching the Woolie Astral Chain LP cause he puts up the Iris display on all the time and it washes out all the colors

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This League chat makes me not want to ever play League, Dota, or any type of this game ever

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 12, 2019

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I'm not watchingthe podcast live, but uh, if this week they go into a rant about Orochimaru again, that's my bad, I sent them a screencap of Konohamaru recording Orochimaru hanging in the village, wishing Naruto and Hinata a happy wedding, and they responded to it in the middle of their livestream.

Someone should tell them about Sarada Gaiden just to see Whoolie die from how batshit that plot went

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 12, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

He’ll probably get emails or tweets explaining how it works

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Watching Ep 13 of the Paper Mario LP and I do have to wonder if Color Splash or Sticker Star went as hard as TYD in regards to the broken Toad family or sidequests having you deliver shady packages and checking prices at local stores to help competitors

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Man, Woolie straight up forgot you can get any missed Tattles huh?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So what was up with Luigi’s last story? Is the joke that he actually lost and is lying? Or that he’s been very prose about everything up to that point but he doesn’t know how to end the story?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone know what scene in Yakuza Pat is talking about in this week's podcast, where they pull an Obito for some antagonist?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It's probably never going to happen, but I want Woolie to face Reggie as the Old Monk boss

Be the final Archdemon before the endgame, be Reggie's final test

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Most recent Demon's Souls episode, but I had no idea there was a "Easy mode is now selectable" for Fool's Idol, lmao

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Motto posted:

lol him rolling in Ganondorf using his Melee sword in a few Smashes.

Does he include Kirby because of Kirby's Final Smash? :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It’s going to be funny to see the cut of the LP that’s just counting how many times he accidentally brings up the map, though

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This probably isn’t the intended reading, but you could read it as the Gavin Archer (the lead scientist who oversaw… all that) and Cerberus at large as being complete dipshits who have no idea what they’re dealing with, and who’s projects always ends in total disaster and many of their people killed

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Remind me again why roll back net code isn’t a standard adopted by fighting games? Is it just because the companies are too stuck in their ways and don’t see the need to adopt new systems?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

This week's Beastcast as Woolie and Pat were talking about Stranger Things and how cool it would be to have a setting where different stories with different characters can happen with the occasional appearance with characters from past stories... and all I could think was they should try out The Legend of Heroes: Trails games

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Pat did, and quit because his OCD prevented him from getting past the first town.

Woolie genuinely would dislike it because of tropes.

:negative:

edit:

Maybe there's hope for Pat if he's still doing Mind Goblins streams

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

He's not going to play Trails.

:smith:

I think the series is good, but I can understand where he’s coming from. It’s taken me a year and a half going through the Sky games and CS1-3; on 4 atm. And even then I ended up just watching a Let’s Play of Zero and Azure. For a streamer that’s a pretty big commitment.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

drat, I've been owned so bad

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

Woolie didn't kick the guy out the window because he thought it might have been Thane in disguise ahhhhhhhhhhhh

At this point he might send Grunt into the vents when it comes time for the Suicide Mission, that's some big brain logic right there :stare:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

OneDeadman posted:

I can't wait for him to choose Miranda as the Biotic Bubble person.

He’s going to choose Miranda and have Jack and Samara as part of his squad, somehow getting into his head that you’ll be able to switch who is going to hold up the bubble during the encounter

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

A couple of podcasts back Pat and Woolie were talking about a switch joycon that was like a GameCube controller. Anyone remember what specific kind it was?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thank you!

Edit: oh, it not good? Darn 😔

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I appreciate him being intensely based and showing that XPlay video of how incredibly racist games journalism was when it comes to JRPGs for some reason.

Hint: The Great Replacemet conspiracy theory's been around for a while

Which video is this?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Did Pat really joke on the Podcast that Lance Riddick died because Destiny 2 is a bad game?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

New Podcast: Versus Wolves with EyePatchWolf and Woolie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlOhMZFEhA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

pat why shave

why shave pat

shave pat why

I had a coworker who did something similar, and the reason was so that they can get their newborn baby to recognize “dad” with and without the beard