Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I still kinda prefer the simple premise of the first game even though it's obviously not as polished as the sequels. The crazy stuff with Umbrella and Wesker doesn't really start until you're near the end, and for the most part it's just "you're stuck in this mansion with a bunch of zombies and other horrible poo poo, get the gently caress out." I don't know, I just really like RE1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Plan Z posted:

This ruled so hard in Spider-Man. For the obvious reasons but also because nobody likes mashing QTEs. And you know, even if you do prefer the tapping, the game shows a meter showing how much more tapping you have to do.
Or you can just disable QTEs altogether and watch Spider-Man do his thing without any distracting button prompts. I did this immediately and didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Man, these Mortal Kombat videos Matt has been putting out over the past week are interminably boring. I know there's not much to work with when the source material consists of the lovely minigames and adventure modes from the PS2 era MK games (I tried to LP Deception's Konquest mode years ago, but scrapped it after completing work on the first video because the mode was just too boring to do anything with), but still.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I really wish Liam would stop going for the silver coins, or that they'd at least cut out the eight hundred failed attempts in each video. Those coins don't even do anything.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I just think it's horrendously boring to watch someone try and fail to grab a pointless collectible and keep going back for it for what feels like several minutes (but is probably more like 30 seconds at most because time flows differently in the world of Sonic the Hedgehog). :shrug:

I guess going for the coins sometimes results in fun shenanigans like falling through the level geometry or whatever, so it might be worth it overall. Just maybe do some editing on the really boring ones?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Andrast posted:

Editing a sonic 2006 LP is cowardice
I would've been disappointed if they had edited the ball puzzle tbqh

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Monathin posted:

iirc it was only when someone found a review copy demo disk that had the full game on it VERY recently in their belongings that allowed people to recover the original code.
The FFVIII remaster is still clearly based on the inferior PC port instead of the original PlayStation code (they even left some of the lovely PC MIDI music in the launch version), so I'm not so sure about that. That sort of thing has happened on occasion, though, most recently when Volition found the Saints Row 2 source code which allowed them to start working on a re-release of the PC version.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

A good poster posted:

Matt does this so often, and I just can't bear to watch 4:3 games stretched out to 16:9.

EDIT:

That's obviously supposed to be a circle.
Deception has an actual widescreen mode but it only affects the 3D graphics, not the menu or HUD elements or at least not all of them. Matt didn't turn it on because the 3D stuff is also clearly stretched, but it's there!

edit: He also keeps recording with incorrect RGB range settings because the videos look washed out, with all the black parts of the image appearing dark gray instead. I know from experience that stuff can be a pain in the rear end to figure out, but he's been doing videos for so many years that you'd think someone would've pointed this out.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 5, 2021

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Using Polsy is largely a courtesy thing.

Threads full of embedded youtube videos can be a pain in the rear end to browse (I've never had an issue unless there's a million videos on a single page, but people often complain about them killing their browsers), and embedding directly on the forum can still show random spoilery thumbnails at the end. When you play a video on Polsy, it only shows thumbnails from the same uploader.

Also, while LP genuinely used to be full of elitist dickheads simultaneously demanding perfect quality from your videos and treating the entire "pseudo-hobby" as something you should be ashamed of doing and most certainly should never try to make money from, it's been pretty chill for the last five or so years and the whole "but what do you bring to the table :smug:" poo poo is actively mocked nowadays. Of course, most of the bigger names have moved on as well.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

In Water is honestly the easiest ending to get if you’re just poking around like a normal first time player, it seems like the one they steer you towards the first time intentionally. The other ones seem almost like rewards for getting better or trying new things
If you're diligent about healing, the Leave ending seems pretty easy to get. Maximilian got it on his first playthrough without knowing anything about the endings, he just played normally and explored pretty thoroughly while healing when he took any real damage.

My favorite part of Max's SH2 playthrough was his tendency to galaxy-brain his way through various puzzles. He'd try everything except the simplest solution, which of course would be the correct one.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

oh you better believe the ME1 playthrough is going to be 80% taking cover behind a box in the same nondescript warehouse room by volume
The proper way to play Mass Effect 1 is to level up all the cool biotic powers and throw guys into space while having so much biotic armor you can strut around the battlefield like you own the place, so yeah, 80% of the playthrough consisting of Woolie sitting behind a box and plinking away at enemies sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

For some reason, the only FPS that gives me motion sickness is the Xbox 360 remaster of Perfect Dark, and only the remaster. I can play the original N64 game just fine in all its 12 fps glory, but this 1080p/60fps version violently disagrees with me.

I can also play the leaked 360 remaster of GoldenEye 007 without any issues despite that being very similar to the Perfect Dark remaster, so there's something about the movement or environments in Perfect Dark specifically that triggers the problem.