Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

yes and that's why, crucially, Cameo Man is actually called "The Baz"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Well, it's a reference to a scene in Gurren Lagann that referenced Ashita no Joe so it sort of is.

Has Woolie ever seen Ashita no Joe?

I think he watch megalo box

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've been known to dump on Woolie but he's never been a bad dude.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay I still am staying an arms length from the others, particularly Pat and his Nazi girlfriend, but Wollie has started to play Kotor 2 and I am here for that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The N64 one? I'll think about it, I liked when Giant Bomb played it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The latest kotor two stream was great

God I love Kotor 2.

My only complaint is that Woolie absolutely should have been more gloves off with Atris

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

To those who listen to the podcast: have Pat and Woolie talked about Woolie's Kotor 2 impressions?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I guess they can't come up with a remote solution for Kotor 2, so it looks like that's on Corona Hiatus.

I watched Liam and Matt do SA2. I want them to do Heroes and Shadow, to finish the GameCube Saga.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watching Automata now. It's a BIT frustrating that Liam's non-guidance is causing Woolie to miss all the A sidequests, but B's reason for existing is pretty much sidequest cleanup from A so that's fine.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I had actually rewatched K1 roundabout January for no particular reason, it's why K2 broke the glass and brought me back in.

That, and I live in China and have been essentially in an apartment building for almost 2 and half months :shepface:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 25, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh well gently caress me I guess, I just got a Kotor 2 alert

E: aaaand it's not remote. That's weird!

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 25, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie, on seeing Kotor 2 being weird horny about Briana and Visas: "Why do I feel like I'm playing a Japanese game?"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This Automata lp is kind of rough because Liam's a bad guy who lets woolie blow past all the sidequests, or even encourages it.

Also it, like the latest Kotor stream, still has some of Woolie's uh, Thoughts, about Japan. It's nowhere bear the nadir of that though, which was Catherine.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He's running a VICIOUS heel game in Dokapon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam is on record for thinking poorly of the devil's advocate stuff he used to do.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh they never actually did the final wrap up session for Nier, that's a shame.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The podcast I strictly absorb through the Woolie highlight videos.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The FF7 ghosts are very silly but what they represent rules

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just watched Pat's old Zodiac Age stream series. In the last epi, he spends over and hour struggling through Lhusu Mines trying to get endgame equipment super early. He then, apparently, decided to never touch it again.

An on-brand move.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't usually pre-order games but I pre-ordered FF7R pretty much specifically because there was just no way, Good or bad, that I could allow anything but my own eyes to influence my view of this goddamn thing.

And lo: it's amazing

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is Black Mesa a solo affair

why would anyone watch Woolie play a game without someone to reach over and point him in a direction

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Szmitten posted:

I've been listening to older podcasts as a sleep aid and I was listening to their conversation about Catherine Full Body's potentially transphobic ending and they actually had to stop and address chat begging them to "stop talking about" the biggest news that week. Despite themselves, they have a very chuddy audience who they're unable to unilaterally tell to gently caress off because it's a sizeable chunk.

Considering Woolie and Pat have CHRONIC Foot In Mouth disease (hell, the LP of Catherine itself had Woolie repeatedly advancing insane racial stereotypes about Japanese people) I would be FASCINATED to hear their doubtlessly well informed take on Atlus being awful again. What podcast was this?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bloodborne is okay but Sekiro sucks. In terms of pure mechanics Scholar and DS3 are the best playing Souls games.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

People that think that bloodborne and DS3 are easier than demons, dark, or DS2 are actually crazy, and a strict minority

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nioh is a continuation of Souls as I enjoy it from a different dev and it's rad but also it finally broke me on difficulty, that game is for REAL.

Sekiro is From finally transitioning to effectively a diff kind of game entirely, just with similar design sensibilities, and I no longer enjoy it, oh well.

Szmitten posted:

CSB 007 No Nipples Podcast. Thank god for the weird names I can remember half of and Google the rest. It might have been halfway through.
Thanks. Way less apologia for Atlus/ "It's Japan" dissmissiveness than I was expecting, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Man, Hashino is such a no account scumbag.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Congratulations to Castle Superbeast for being the only podcast that requires I run it at outright 2x speed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Naruto is bad

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Vader thing is pretty clear the goblins and I'm not going to drag Pat over that part. The problem was him stomping on Woolie's bit, and he actually admitted that much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

No he's actually admitted on Twitter that he should have backed off Woolie. People are more interested in trying to send him characters that fall into this weird logic trap though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Last is more entertaining than and hell, even has a teensy bit of pathos unlike, the back half of the manga's serialization.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Re: the Lex Luthor aside in the podcast, I finally read Rex Son awhile ago and I'm a big fan of when Braniac won't let Supes talk to him because he calculates that Lex will convince Supes to kill himself in 11 minutes and then he beats Superman with a letter.

Course then it goes on to the PHENOMENALLY stupid ending and also that whole comic is the most :911: vision of communism generally and :ussr: specifically so yeah cape comics are still bad. But that PART is pretty good.

E: also yeah lol woolie being salty about Teppen deckbuilding tiers even though there's literally no difference between that and being a framedata goblin in fighting games

Like complain about the gacha (and booster packs for irl games because that's the exact same thing) sure but don't be mad that your non-mechanical gimmick deck can't hack it

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 27, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat's Korra read is mostly fair (And has actually made me go back to rewatch season 1/maybe 3 and finally do season 4), but also while objectively yes I recognize last airbender is the better show I will always like Korra more because I'm very biased towards the 20's New York thing and also it's a show about a muscly bisexual lady with a giant dog.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 27, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That scene owned, I couldn't believe they went that hard.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The origin story is visually interesting as an episode, I think a guest studio did it (4C?). But I don't care for the actual origin story itself, and it ties into the terrible villain of the season.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Something to note about Woolie's reform list that I guess he didn't know: That 72% reduction only applies when used on a place that doesn't have any of the reforms. Most of the cities with the biggest revolts right now have some or all of them. It's the same list of reforms going around under the #8CantWait hashtag, and it's woefully inadequate. Police abolition, nothing less.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://youtu.be/Xow-nivbR_s

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the Kotor LP really could have used more moments where Woolie just stops mid dialogue and spends 10 minutes trying to organize what just happened in his head and have V explained plot points to him

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like the discussions I just wish they wouldn't stop in the middle of conversations, at least not for such lengths of time. It's not like there's a shortage of running around or menu time to be filled.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Going from Kotor 2 to ttyd is a real good bit of Best RPGs Of All Time checklist clearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Little V may have hosed Woolie super hard.

I DISTINCTLY remember the 51s being a factor in HK killing Go-to to protect remote or something? Kotor 2's ending is in such tatters.