Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanJhonson
Mar 13, 2011

It's Dragons Dogma 1 but bigger, if you like DD1 then DD2 is a sure thing, feels like a more well realized version of the first game about 20 hours in.

The MTX stuff causing this huge backlash for Dragons Dogma 2 of all things baffles me also. I get the distaste for MTX in general, and I also get giving Capcom poo poo for forcing this poo poo on their developers, but I don't get why Dragons Dogma 2 of all things is getting it so much worse than any of their past games, or any of DD2's contemporaries.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth JUST came out and had nowhere near this level of backlash for it's MTX, said MTX is worse cause nothing they are selling you can get in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanJhonson
Mar 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

dragon's dogma 2 has more friction between the player and the game than most big games (certainly way more than ff7r2) and people who aren't familiar with the first game can only conceive of this as a trick to get you to buy the DLC. thats why their brains glitch out when yuo tell them the DLC barely even helps

That makes sense, folks not knowing what they are getting themselves into with a Dragons Dogma game and thinking the thing that game is going for is a scam instead of it just going for a hyper-specific thing by design like the original, and the MTX just being some dumb Capcom mandated tacked on thing for all their stuff.

I imagine some of this is also DD2 being weirdly popular (or at least it seems popular) for how niche of a game it is too, so you get a lot of folks who just don't know what they are getting themselves into.