Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the broly part was fine and i have no idea how they could get anything in the movie wrong because woolie literally never talked about the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

woolies set up is an abomination but it still doesn't hold a candle to that one goon CSGO player.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Woolie confirmed to me that he no longer has time to watch or review new anime. :negative:

I can't find any decent ongoing anime podcasts ever since Weebcast ended.

at least he got to LoGH

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Alright, so as someone who knows literally nothing about what third birthday is or why it's bad or what it's from outside of it being a parasite eve thing, why is it literally the worst it's ever been, with spoilers?

they kill the main character of the first 2 games and insert her much less cool and badass younger sister into her body. Also the way health works is the more damaged you are the less clothes you have on

They literally talked about it on today’s podcast with no spoilers.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zwiebel posted:

Does Fire Emblem even have canon? I thought it was like Final Fantasy or Zelda in that they aren't really connected.

A few of the games follow the same characters, like Ike has 2 games and Marth has a couple. FE 7 is a prequel to 6 also.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

If u don’t know a bumblebee in ur life, you’re the bumblebee.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Matt just out here gigabotching saying Saints Row 3 was the best of the series, gat dang

that seems to be a popular opinion.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rody One Half posted:

To those who listen to the podcast: have Pat and Woolie talked about Woolie's Kotor 2 impressions?

yeah. woolie's into the "conversation boss battles" as he put it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

seriously, the kotor2 lp is fantastic. i usually can't stand watching video lp's of long RPGs but little V is able to keep it on track well.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L85ZKNLgvSk&t=2793s
this is when woolie realized he needed a mouse

oof, this is as bad as that polygon doom video.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I wish nioh didn’t have a loot system.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

n-word pass plus is a vibe, an experience, a movement.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I honestly agree with pats opinion on darth Vader, but yeah just let woolie talk about this thing he enjoyed

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

AShamefulDisplay posted:

I wish anyone, Matt Pat Woolie Liam, hell even Minh or Reggie would get good at the Warhammer total war games just because everyone in that scene just completely lacks charisma

Pats trying.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1267724927685332994

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nalesh posted:

pronouns-voice tie up poo poo? I haven't been following any news about the game, what'd they do now?

the voice you choose determines you're gender. this was added in last minute and so they didn't re-record any dialog for it.

i'm not really keyed into much of the discourse around cyberpunk so there's probably more to it.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 1, 2020

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

doggo cant even hold a weapon... smh...

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1310388456233807872

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im guessing pat talks about day of defeat if the podcast description is anything to go on.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Woolie at his worst makes me roll my eyes and move on. Pat at his worst makes me want to shake him while screaming “just let woolie talk about the darth Vader comic he read during his week you stupid loving idiot”

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

listening to the aegis rim spoiler cast because i'm never gonna play that game, and boy, pats brainworms are in full force at like 5 hours in. why care about any character in the game if you refuse to talk about the npc's because "they arn't real people :downs:. none of them are loving real, its a video game, so why talk about the game at all then!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/CordLambrecht/status/1363984148323393544

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Overlord K posted:

Pat had another one of those weird "I'm not creative" arguments again last night on twitter and boy is that always bizarre to watch unfold.

https://twitter.com/BaubleBeverage/status/1365972291083927555

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dias posted:

I sincerely don't get why people play Fortnite when Apex Legends is actually a pretty drat good game and F2P to boot.

Because apex isn’t made for solo play.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Kazzah posted:

What sorta stats did Woolie give his cop?

6 2 2 2

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

^^^ what he said.

Kazzah posted:

Genuinely can't tell if that's a joke or not

he actually went 5 3 2 2, but wanted to start at 6 2 2 2 :v

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Phantasium posted:

To be fair, he was also getting screwed by the game's general bugginess, the turn he took where it said a space wouldn't alert an alien, and then it did and then the squares changing after that turn was hosed (which was probably the turning point in loving him over), as well as the hilarious part of the bugged alien in a corner that couldn't be hit by like 3 different characters when they were staring at it in its face (which might not have been a bug because of XCOM's hit percentages but the weirdness of it not animating led me to think it probably was).

It was a bug, the ayylien was definitely being flanked, but that made it very funny.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ds2 had the best multiplayer and better weapons. powerstancing was a much better mechanic than the double weapon system in ds3. ds3 is secretely the worst dark souls game because its all nostalgia bait.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why do you have to put down Dark Souls 3? It's really good, and it has Gael.

Ds3 is good, but it’s still the worst of the souls games IMO.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

artoriases greatsword was cooler in ds2 because it had a unique moveset if you used it in ur left hand.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

im sorry u have bad opinions ie the best dark souls game, (it is 2)

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dabir posted:

At the end of the day, the message DS2 leaves you with is that no matter what you do with your position, sooner or later someone's going to come along and get the ball rolling again, even if it means everything turns to poo poo as a result. And that's the plot, too.

friend over here couldn't handle the rat pack and bell bros... smh...

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man i didnt expect to here a reference to the ebaumsworld song in this podcast.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

no one hustle's and grind's more than the detective...

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

My gripe with game grumps is Danny ended up being a sex pest :/

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

it wasn't like anything illegal, and the grooming allegations were false bullshit, but it was still hosed up and predation on people who looked up to him. like someone made a play entirely about her relationship with him. lovebombing people and then ghosting them after you hosed'em is a lovely, lovely thing to do.

i think the vinny vinesauce allegations almost immediately afterwards were complete bullshit, with multiple people who "made" the allegations came out and said they were taken wildly out of context and still had good relationships with him.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 13, 2021

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Indecisive posted:

yea if we could not just spread baseless rumors like loving schoolchildren that'd be cool nobody really gives a poo poo who had sex with a youtuber or whatever or that he didnt call back boo loving hoo

Lol alright dude :jerkbag:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

They're called celebrities.

Nobody's taking a stand for him. It just would have been great if people were more upfront about being upset about what he actually did instead of making him out to be like ProJared or something.

i think sex pest is a completely correct term for what he did? sexual predator is too "harsh", but tricking people into thinking you are interested in a relationship with them, and then ghosting them when you get what you want makes you a sex pest.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

For me, a Sex Pest is someone who tries to harass or guilt someone into having sex with them. Aziz Ansari is my go to example for a sex pest. I could be wrong on this though.

That didn't really seem to happen with Danny. What happened was he had some one night stands with people that were infatuated with the idea of him because hey! Sex!

He should have said no. That was his mistake, but he's an idiot, so he didn't.

As for what he should have done, he should have handled them the way Robert Pattison handles his fans: Gently let them down by showing he's a normal person with real problems instead of a Sparkling Vampire.

i think the fact this happened to multiple people is what makes him a sex pest. the most generous interpretation is what you said, that he's an idiot who made a mistake, but if that was the case imo, it would have ended with the first person he hurt. you don't keep doing that if your a well meaning idiot.

im saying all this as a former fan, who literally stopped watching game grumps when the allegations came out. even when you get past the bullshit criminal accusations, the actual real things he did were incredibly lovely, and even if he had only done these things between 2014-2017, and he has become a better person who looks back at the things in disgust, i don't know if i can watch their content or buy their products anymore.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

I thought this part was also not actually substantiated? I thought this is a large part of what people were taking umbrage with; the original reddit thread using one story, twisting the context (if not lying) and then tacking on "also there's totally other people who had similar experience"

What bad take/thing will land Pat or Woolie as twitter badguy of the day?

Weren’t the unsubstantiated part of the original Reddit post(which did come from a Reddit based around people being pissed that game grumps was “woke”, and are big jontron defenders, so you gotta take what comes from there with a grain of salt)the allegations of grooming, but the lovebombing and subsequent ghosting weren’t. All the accusations that came after the post when it hit mainstream were people saying that Danny did the later to them, but not the former.