Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Nalesh posted:

5'1" is generous and you know it, Dias.

I remember when that pic in the OP first appeared, and there was this really detailed effortpost on Reddit or wherever "proving" he's like 3'8".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Monathin posted:

Yeah I'm enjoying Matt's foray into deeper dives, he isn't quite where he needs to be (yet) but honestly I think he's on the way, he's gonna have some bumps and bruises but he's got connections and people who have been at that kind of stuff longer than him who can help him out.

It might be worth figuring out what to cut and focus in on and improve, though, I feel like he's got a ton of different angles he's working to find one he can focus on and really enjoy.

Matt will figure it out.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Brightman posted:

This is a weird spot to be in, like I want to watch that, but spoilers for new poo poo? I've played the original like...over a dozen times, I dunno, so it's not like that's a big thing probably, but also the angry half-man got me to buy AC7 and I was gonna play more of that tonight (side-note: I really hate how similar the nations' names are in that, I'm not even 100% on who I'm fighting for yet).

Thought you meant AC: Odyssey for a second, how hard could "Athens" and "Sparta" be?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I literally don't understand why you're so upset at the idea of an easy mode, you can just not play it. Its existence doesn't affect you in any way.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat stares at Outer Wilds.

Pat's understanding of orbital mechanics is "I'm ten metres off the ground? Cool, I can go take a nap."

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat accelerates directly towards the sun
Pat looks at the map while in between a planet and its moon
Pat decides to get out of his ship while right next to a planet; honestly manages to look cool
Pat lands nose-first at full speed
Pat doesn't brake (possibly on purpose)
Pat just flies directly through the sun's outer layers

Honestly, though, he might be awful at flying, but it's amazing to me how quickly he puts things together and assimilates new info. He figured out how to land on the Quantum Moon extremely quickly, and pulled it off on his second attempt. The last run of the entire session is a pretty good time: just pure bafflement as he gets hopelessly separated from his ship, hopping from planet to planet.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Woolie's also doing Outer Wilds (though not a full LP).

The LP tax is in full effect.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
In relation to his recent poll, Woolie has posted this video about his ongoing plans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbW0R7e8DcQ

Main points:
-He'll be streaming more of his stuff, before also uploading it to YT.
-Moving GIFG later in the week so it doesn't clash with the podcast so much.
-More consistency with the Saturday night streams, shift to small fun jump-in MP games (and away from long SP games)

Just in general, he's planning on a stricter schedule, and more stuff for people looking at the channel for the first time.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Speaking of Woolie, his new Salt Party videos feel quite Scrublords.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Speaking of language you can't understand...

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki was unjustified, and the war only ended because of the soviet invasion

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I still listen to the podcast; it's the main way I follow news about video games, although paradoxically it's at its best when they go off on non-games tangents. I'll watch Woolie's one-offs, and games I'm interested in. The only other thing I've really gotten into was Pat's playthrough of Outer Wilds, but that's mostly because I love that game.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I mean, we all posted on a forum that had a section called "The Comedy Gas Chamber" until like four months ago

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Nuns with Guns posted:

Pat's hyperventilating at Return of the Obra Dinn right now, too:

https://twitch.tv/patstaresat

We're a minute away from THA CRABS

ed. no, no he isn't

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 20, 2020

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

RareAcumen posted:

How long before Woolie starts uploading Thousand Year Door videos?

Also, there's such a weird tone to Pat's TLOU2 stream, I can't handle it. It's so hard to describe, it's not like smug but it's annoying in a different way.

Pat decided he hated it a month ago, and tried to dunk on it after every second line of dialogue. Seriously, you can skip to any part of the video, and he'll nitpick something within twenty seconds.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
He had the mouse-&-controller setup for Black Mesa, but I think he's just using a PS4 controller for D:E

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Big Scary Owl posted:

Oh poo poo Woolie and Little V are playing Halo 2 :hellyeah:

David Cross keeps trying to blow up Woolie's tank

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Also Woolie actually drove quite well this time around.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It was moldy potato salad

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Maybe she thought it was a regular green salad

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Rody One Half posted:

So Liam closed up shop awhile ago from what I'm told, and Woolie/Pat have their operations of course

Does ANYONE actually give a poo poo about Matt's stuff? I never see it discussed, anywhere.

I don't know if anyone on SA does, but he gets decent numbers of views.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm picturing Woolie walking up and down a corridor, the walls plastered with that dude's posts, checking and rechecking the door he entered through to make sure he hasn't got it mixed up

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Here's the haircut Pat was talking about :
https://twitter.com/JrWave19/status/1333227939639521280

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat's playing Cyberpunk and his hair just fuckin disappeared

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat proposed

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Warbird posted:

I mean greez Pat if you want a K-1 visa that bad...

Does this make Pat more American than Matt? What was the sea with that whole thing anyway? Iirc Matt is Canadian as being bad at football.

I believe one of Matt's parents is American

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Just sent off my 1500-word LPer's guide to the Arkham games to Woolie

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Someone please tell Woolie the stun in Arkham is a guard-break, not a super-counter

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That loving sucks. Makes me think he won't go ahead with the series, too.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Eh, I reckon Knight's still worth it. The car's a drag, but the fighting and stealthing feel so good, straight up the best in the series.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I know you're supposed to figure the game out on your own, but for me everything changed when I learned about The Main Bus

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
drat, guess they're all orcs then

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
No, you can't

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Patware posted:

yeah paige was so infuriated by all that long-term unavoidable close contact she got engaged to him

we've all said some wild poo poo about the stuff these guys do that irritates us but unless you know the man personally this one's extra wild

Astonishing username+post combo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
You can't do it regularly, but you can glitch them off the roof occasionally. Seems to happen mostly when you hit them at high speed, like from a dive kick.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
What sorta stats did Woolie give his cop?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Genuinely can't tell if that's a joke or not

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The Xcom LP has some top tier Liam in it

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Yardbomb posted:

Has Woolie done the fascisms or ascribed to any bizarre race theories yet

I don't know if it's come up in the YTs yet, but in the stream he somehow converted Garte using incel rhetoric, which I didn't know was even an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Already gone