Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man pat is totally right about dying light 2’s factions literally everybody non-cop is some combination of annoying, traitorous, or rear end in a top hat and I just want them to all gently caress off. I haven’t got to the real city yet and I’m sure the other faction will show it’s rear end but as of now there’s literally no reason to not side with them.

Also the MC is painfully dumb. Motherfucker is literally a himbo doing dumb poo poo out of your control constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

You know how you can accidentally gently caress up in a stealth segment and make the situation way worse? Aiden does that by himself several times and it’s frustrating as hell.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I’m used to bad writing in games so it’s kinda impressive how dying light 2’s npcs make me mad irl. I think it’s a combination of the writing and the weird rear end vo.

Outside of that the game is super fun though. I never played the first game or mirror edge so the first person parkour is still super cool to me.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I love that basically space mengele says "Look I had to reup the genocide disease. It was either that or we'd HAVE to kill them all. Here's some numbers that prove my point" and Woolie at no point ever stopped to think maybe this guy's framing is formed from some biased ideas.

Nope clearly he's smart at one thing so he's guaranteed right all the time lol

It’s genuinely frustrating because you can dress literally anything up in a logical shell and use it as justification to do monstrous acts. The justification in the krogan genophage and the atomic bomb both basically assume the victims have no agency. They are framing a complex thing like there’s literally only two answers.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

My dream is for is for somebody to plug the blizzard diversity tool into a ai artbot so we can just generate characters.

Like, setting everything to 0 and typing the prompt fps protagonist should spit out a call of duty looking guy.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 2, 2022

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

From what I remember about final fantasy tactic’s plot the magic book was evil and didn’t transport the protagonist into another world but project an idealized version of one based on all of their favorite game final fantasy. It does this to keep them placid because it’s slowly draining the soul of every person under it’s spell.

Also a ton of people got shafted on the conversion by becoming the monsters you spend all game killing

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Why does woolie keep saying holocure needs aiming? Some weapons depend on facing, but it's exactly the same as vampire survivor.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man, that pat story really puts the past decade he spent publicly making GBS threads on his stepbrother into context if he was regularly getting treated like that.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I've been playing Nikke since it dropped, and it's honestly legit. The writing is way better than it has any right to be.

On release the game was buggy as poo poo (like 40% of the cast had bugs of some sort. Someweapon types were completely unusable) but the devs fixed all that and have been pretty good about listening to it's audience.

The gacha aspect is pretty dope, too. The game shower you with pulls, and the pity is universal, so it's pretty easy to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Limbus also loving rocks and will definitely make my goty if they keep up the quality of the next few cantos. It's arguably the most f2p modern gacha because you can grind to get the characters pretty easily. Project moon's nameless city setting might be the best I've seen in a decade. Imagine 26 different cybe punk dystopias smashed together with supernatural poo poo poured on top.

The problem with limbus is that the buy-in is really high to get the most out of it. You kinda need to play a 50-hour management game, then a 50-hour card game, then a book, and maybe a comic on top of maybe a bunch of classic literature.

The games are also hard as hell and absolutely demand that you have a certain amount of mastery of its systems that it doesn't explain too well.