Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Best Friends... was defeated... but the soul still burns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Quiet Man LP has started, by the way.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the third birthday is the worst thing square has published, in my mind

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Quiet Man came out last year you know...

you heard me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This Katamari Damacy LP with Woolie and Reggie is loving incredible so far.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Woolie's whole merry LP band is filled with people with thick accents that I have trouble hearing at times.

I'm not about to say somebody's voice is intolerable because it doesn't bother me at all, but also I literally can't understand Voltabass. I don't know if it's the mixing or whatever but having to relisten to a bit like 3 times and still not understanding what's being said does well at making me feel like an idiot.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

and now that he is on his own he cannot be stopped when it comes to rpgs

the second episode of 7th stand user took 7 minutes to get through 3 dialog boxes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I guess it wasn't truly a best friends thread until we started the spoiler discussion.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he straight up told us this in the original thread back when he posted here back in like 2015. i remember people floating ideas at him because he knew the fans loved it but personally hated being a part of it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't even understand why this came up in the thread in the first place. They didn't dance around spoilers and they also signposted when they talked about them so both camps should be happy.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

he always asks for suggestions via emails on what he should look at next and i just assume he got a bunch of people asking for fallout 76 because it's a trainwreck they know about.

because seriously who the hell else was still thinking about the guy game?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah I don't want him to do solo LPs. That NMH2 thing he did on his channel by himself is probably the most miserable content I've seen from any of them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

please watch Woolie's Katamari videos.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

like I legitimately think those Katamari videos are some of the best LP stuff Woolie's been involved with.

he's just so loving happy the whole time and any lull in the commentary coincides with Reggie bringing up some story about the game's development, or some heartwarming backstory about the musician who composed the song that's currently playing, or whatever, and it's fantastic.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No, he's just grabbing facts from elsewhere, it's probably information that's all been available for a while if you're diligent but it's nice to just have it in this format where neither me nor Woolie knows about it so it's fascinating to hear and also to see Woolie's reactions to it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean hearing him analyze stuff can be fun, but man he wasn't wrong to try and tone down the stuff about Monster Hunter, FFXIV, and Warframe because I just do not even give a single gently caress (and I like Monster Hunter).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

First there was Snailborne, and now... SlowJo

how many dialog boxes can you read in the frozen time?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Overlord K posted:

So it's pretty safe then! :v:

but also, he said that he thinks the game has spoilers up to part 6, and they're talking about part 6 at the start of episode 3, so uh beware depending on how far you are.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

:ssh: I haven't actually watched the video, I just heard like, seven minutes to name the character or something.

The name screen shows up at the end of episode 3.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

too bad about Woolie's mech story, there's something neat there.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

woolie do the earthbound lp

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RE2make might be the best game in the series, so that's not that big a deal.

I've been dumping time into it as well.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

n/m

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 29, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

woolie basically jumped up to the occasion and made the even bester friends channel and it's been great

both the seventh stand user and katamari have somebody pointing out cool poo poo about the game, or cool poo poo to do, and zoe2 is this weird meta training minh to be a let's player thing, while having someone go through his streams and pick out choice bits so you can see the cool hour and a half of a giant 8 hour stream.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

woolie dying on stream over not-titanfall

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

why would you navigate around pat

its like navigating around the steak at dinner

it's pretty easy you just walk over the living footstool

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

To me that just sounds crazy because I think it's fantastic from the get go and never letup.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Andrast posted:

What has Woolie done with Pat so far aside from the podcast? I've been a bit out of the loop

Pat's joining him for an RE2 stream on Saturday, outside of that I haven't seen anything. tbh I rarely if ever watch streams and got rid of twitter a long rear end time ago so I basically don't see Pat outside of the podcast.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The best thing Matt's done since the breakup was that cereal video, tbh.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Vandar posted:

Uh oh. What happened?

I have no idea what they're talking about, Woolie was just disappointed about the state of Titanfall and annoyed at Windows 10 automatic updates.

Not literally every tangential negative thing is Woolie working through the depression of the Best Friends Breakup (tm).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

popteamepicdoesn'tgetitatall.jpg

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i'm loving losing it about carlos miyamoto

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://youtu.be/qNgdc_5ItJs?t=868

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tae posted:

edit: lol Woolie reset his save literally 10 feet away before an item box.

what's great is how loving smug he was about it, too.

"yeah, you forgot something didn't you Pat?"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're talking about catherine on the podcast right now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TheManSeries posted:

So from what I'm understanding, Pat and Woolie just talked it out and the chat was insufferable?

Pretty much. They didn't really want to come on a conclusion on a game that just came out in a language they don't speak that also requires them to spoil the ending to talk about and which because of that means they'll probably never hear a response from a developer or publisher because of it but also didn't want to ignore it because the implications were dire (though they didn't dance around spoilers either, they just told people to ignore the next section if they intend to play). And then the second they brought up a link to resetera (not just for that, for the "Nintendo is reviving a dead game" thing too) it just became an endless stream of "fuckin' sjw cunts" "gently caress resetera for smearing this game director" etc. nonsense.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

[voice that sounds the way a forced smile looks] This anime pedophile game really fails to engage me, and it's a shame because there was a LOT of potential here; and only one anime child is available to grope at the start? Big disappointments all-around. It could have been something special, but it wasn't. That's why I've put it ... at number 6 in my list of bad ones.

lol

I don't know why he bothered to make that list, most of them were just dumb poo poo he was buying for the channel, you knew it was crap, man.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Definitely watch the two RE2 streams Woolie and Pat did, if nothing else. I know it's like 12 hours or whatever at this point but it's been really fun watching Woolie go into a genre he's never really touched.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I had literally never even heard of it, I thought it was going to be about the old not-Telltale one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

He should have cut some out of it, I can't tell if plague is just terrible at explaining this story or if the story is just that meandering and bad. Probably both, I guess.