Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1108501523519193095

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Sekiro probably would have been a good opportunity for From to add difficulty settings as an experiment. It's not really connected to the Souls series, so there isn't any precedent of them not having them.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

A good poster posted:

Is this the part that made Woolie tweet out a headphone warning for near the end of the game?

God, no. This is just day one of the Woolie Explodes saga. There's probably going to be one thing per episode until the end of the game for him to scream about. :getin:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Here's Woolie getting basic facts about one of his favorite series wrong again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyAgreeableBulgogiFreakinStinkin

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like Pat's crazy always makes a little more sense with explanation.

Don't know the context of the bumblebee thing, but right now I'm imagining its a "bee vs. bumblebee" kind of thing? Pat certainly knows what bees are, I'm sure?

I say that because in this very moment, I'm wondering if there's some kind of distinction.

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1163167590581178369

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockySpinelessDunlinPoooound

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Because a lot of people use the Best Friends' content as podcasts, so they've gotten into the habit of reading aloud from text-heavy games.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Liam may be socially conscious, but he has some huge blind spots when it came to his anime tiddy games. He was ridiculously angry over Bravely Default removing a racist costume. Not to mention championing an incredibly pedophilic game where you use the Vita touchscreen to "discipline" underage girls.

While he was funny in LPs, he made the podcasts misery to sit through. With a few exceptions he would defend every game the others criticized, most infamously the MN9 discussions. This led to them getting into way too long arguments where it was obvious Liam was just playing devil's advocate and didn't actually believe what he was saying.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Szmitten posted:

I've been listening to older podcasts as a sleep aid and I was listening to their conversation about Catherine Full Body's potentially transphobic ending and they actually had to stop and address chat begging them to "stop talking about" the biggest news that week. Despite themselves, they have a very chuddy audience who they're unable to unilaterally tell to gently caress off because it's a sizeable chunk.

That's sadly the rule not the exception. I struggle to think of a videogame personality-related fanbase that isn't full of chuds. Giant Bomb, yovideogames, easy allies, Jim Sterling (who use his videos to find out who it's "okay" to harass). Heck, loving Voidburger of all people has chud fans.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 25, 2020

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

That reminds me of one of my favorite burns Pat ever gave Woolie the Other M liker.

"I don't like Super Metroid, but I respect it. More than Woolie respects Samus, apparently."

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah she also trash talked a game made by two transwomen as being incredibly transphobic because one of the game's antagonists, who the game paints as a huge rear end in a top hat and creep, uses the trans protags deadname as a password cause they can't accept the protag's transition.

She's....a bit of a dumb dumb a lot of the time.

That wasn't her. That article was published by Waypoint, who she has never been employed by to my knowledge. The writer was a woman named Danielle I think.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

York in 2 in general is a much bigger rear end in a top hat than he was in 1 imo. Like the worst he did in 1 is go on weird tangents at inappropriate times. In 1 he was a guy that just genuinely enjoyed movies and wanted to share that joy with others, but in 2 he's a film snob that belittles people that don't know obscure movie trivia like he does, or insults other people's tastes in movies. At times it comes off as more a Deadly Premonition fangame than an actual sequel.

I suspect that DP2 may have a lot of elements recycled from some of Swery's ideas for later episodes of D4. The lead in that game acted more in line with how York does in 2, and some of the NPCs are over-the-top weird in a way that matches the tone of D4, rather than the NPCs in 1 which were just mildly quirky but otherwise normal folks.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Clicking on the Snailborne link led me to finding another snail moment: The Stairs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYjof_4VSOg

Aka three people spend seventeen minutes trying to go up a set of stairs.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Pat just took a nap and woke up to find Paige eating mold.

So that's a thing that happened.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Moldy potato salad is an understatement. It was more mold than salad.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I occasionally watch Wha Happun because with a few glaring exceptions he does thorough research, organizes the information in a neat package and even digs up behind the scenes stuff that very few people know about. His Flophouse Files videos on the other hand need some serious work. They mostly consist of common knowledge to even casual video game players, he goes off on tangents for minutes at a time, the scripts are organized haphazardly, and worst of all he runs those running gags from the sbfp days into the loving ground.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1308815428400173056

Apparently Paige and Pat were on tv.

Wonder what people were more confused by: the skeleton, the Steve Buscemi portrait, or the fact they live in a dungeon.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

He was acting really defensive about his personal opinions, even when Pat was just making the lightest jokes about them possible. Like him joking about how he should like Reptile simply because he's green, or saying that Woolie's mad at Anji Mito because Baiken is being paired with him instead of Woolie himself. He also seemed 100 percent serious when he went into a rant about how "Echo Fighters are stealing slots", which if true he needs to gently caress off with that poo poo. That false mindset is what leads to idiots harassing Sakurai with poo poo like "How dare you put Dark Pit in this game and not Travis?!" en masse.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/castlesuperbeast/clip/PiercingTawdryWoodcockAsianGlow

You can actually pinpoint the second where his heart rips in half.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 27, 2020

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/LightSmoothInternImGlitch

"So, I'm stupid."

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

In Yakuza 7 a sidequest asks the player "what is Majima's first name?".

Pat got it wrong.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's very telling that he refused to upload the cyberpunk section of last week's podcast, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't this week, either.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Tae posted:

Pat's opinions aren't the problem. It's his pat way of "it sucks, you're a bad person if you like it and everyone is stupid and should die" that got even woolie tired of the bit for the last few weeks.

When has he ever said someone was a bad person for liking something, and especially that they should die? That sounds like serious projection.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Roobanguy posted:

Woolie at his worst makes me roll my eyes and move on. Pat at his worst makes me want to shake him while screaming “just let woolie talk about the darth Vader comic he read during his week you stupid loving idiot”

I mean, Woolie at his worst was him defending Noel Brown, which none of Pat's takes could ever top.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

MagusDraco posted:

If it was about Yakzua 0, you see the antagonist from Yakuza 2 as a young huge kid in sotenbori as part of a sidestory.
edit: Basically 12 year old ryuji goda is as big as an adult already.

I think when they said "pulled an Obito" they meant "easily forgave a villain for doing horrible poo poo"

In which case, that's referring to (Spoilers for 0) Oda, who sold a bunch of girls into sex slavery and tried to kill one of them so her brother (his best friend/crush) wouldn't find out. But it's okay, she forgives him. And he had a sad backstory (accompanied by sad music!), so it's okay that he kept girls in literal cages!

During the LP, Pat broke when Kiryu, while beating the poo poo out of the final boss, yelled out "This is for Oda!"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1349508193551065089

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1349469513331462145

lol

Isn't Matt former QA? Shouldn't he know from experience this is a huge crock of poo poo?

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 14, 2021

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's rare to see Pat as genuinely frustrated with a game as he is in this Medium stream. The game is so generic he's able to accurately guess what's going to happen next, every time there's a puzzle the protagonist is the one to solve it instead of the player, and any sense of atmosphere or tension is ruined because every thirty seconds the protagonist either starts monologuing or makes a "humorous" quip.

"This is worse than Downcoming" - Pat.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Reggie met Patches.

I went exactly how you expect.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

:lol:

Someone complained to Pat saying he talks about Zangief too much on the podcast and that Paige is too loud. So to spite him, Pat decided that this week he would go into graphic detail about how his dog keeps cumming everywhere.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 15, 2021

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Holy poo poo this latest Yakuza episode. The one time it actually matters, Woolie completely fails to sing Judgment.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Oh god, he's going to come back to Y0 and not remember anything about the plot. And then blame the game.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Pat doesn't care and just trolls, but Woolie gets genuinely angry at Gamefreak and accuses them of being lazy. And then talks about how Cyber Sleuth is so great then admits he's never played it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Patware posted:

cyber sleuth kicks rear end

Agreed, but I think it's hilarious that he says it without actually having played it. For all he knows, he could loving hate the game.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Woolie:
*retweets fanart of himself as Vergil*
*retweets fanart of himself as a jojo*
*retweets fanart of himself as Nagoryuki*

Pat:
*retweets fanart of himself as MODOK*
*retweets fanart of his wife in an iron lung*
*retweets fanart of himself getting pissed on by his fat pig-dog*

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Gamefreak doesn't make the models for Pokemon games, Creatures Inc. does. So it's technically them who need to hire more employees.

Also, Gamefreak doesn't actually control the Pokemon IP. The Pokemon Company does, of which Gamefreak owns roughly 1/3 of and Nintendo owns about half of. And since Nintendo is the publisher of the games, they're most likely the ones that - like most other publishers - decide what games get made, when those games get released, and the budget for each game.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The RE2 LP is nigh unwatchable due to the audio desync issues, though.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedFairYogurtBloodTrail-F-D0NWyta4s4JWpd

Not since Gears Pop have I seen a look of such pure disgust on this man's face.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Lol Pat felt so bad when he listened to Empathy when it told him to play matchmaker.

And then 10 seconds later he realized that doing it gave him booze so he decided it was worth it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Cherry boy Reggie was completely unprepared for some of the dialogue choices in Disco. Cuno is going to scar him for life when they reach him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Has Woolie done the fascisms or ascribed to any bizarre race theories yet

Lol as of episode 3 they haven't even left the Whirling-in-Rags. It's gonna be a while before he reaches that poo poo.