Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

Lore states that Pat and Woolie were actually the Original Best Friends, Matt and Liam just really hit it off when Liam became a part of the channel.

Nope! Liam worked with Woolie Matt and Crymetina at their game testing job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
KnK is great except for how much of the climax of the series relies on Kinoko Nasu having no idea how drugs work

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArkOfTurus posted:

The Machinima stuff is up on their Vimeo page if anyone is looking for it.

https://vimeo.com/sbfp

also the old website let watches

BABY RIDER!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If the clip about the Broly movie from the podcast Woolie posted on his channel is indicative I basically never want to hear them talk about anime ever again

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Woolie liked the Broly movie, Pat was being a poo poo because he loves being ignorant.

Woolie also doesn't have anything insightful or interesting to say about it other than "Budget!" and manages to get basic plot details of the movie he literally just saw wrong while Pat spews the same played-out jokes they do any time they talk about Dragonball and refuses to engage with anything Woolie says

It's two people having two different conversations and neither of them are good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ApeHawk posted:

Beastcast has all the cool people who are great at their jobs and/or just fun to listen to (Alex, Vinny, Dan, Abby)

Bombcast has all the dull and old people who can barely describe how they feel about the games they've played (Brad, Ben, Brad, Jan, Brad, Brad)

the gently caress

jan rules

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Your Parents posted:

it sounds like thats exactly what it does, by all accounts.

"by the accounts of people with suspect motives desperate to deny that Katsura Hashino isn't a hateful bigot who are writing elaborate fanfiction of a non-existent epilogue that fixes the extremely bad look the game ends on" is a not a position I'd want to back up but hey

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Matt nintendo direct video was extremely dire

Like he might as well only have put up the bit with Astral Chain because everything else was "I don't know/care what this is" topped off with him being upset the Link's Awakening art style wasn't "cool" enough

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

it takes him about 2 hours to get to the point where the demo originally ends. it's great

After KOTOR and now 7th Stand User I'm not sure "watch Woolie take forever to make progress in a video game" is the pitch you wanna go with here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that bit during one of the Dark Souls 2 DLCs where Woolie and Pat get legit angry at each other is probably one of the more uncomfortable moments on the channel

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vandar posted:

Do you remember what DLC/video this was?

Not the specific video but I think it was during Old Iron King? The DS2 DLCs blend together in my head real bad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
never forget that that let woolie set up the controls for omikron

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nalesh posted:

I don't play ffxiv myself but every time I've had a basic interest in it the advice from people I know who play it is "just rush through ARR and the first expansion because they're poo poo", so not sure I'd count that one yet :v:

people are overly dramatic, that content is fine

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This Anthem Wha Happun is like

actually really bad

"I saw a guy speculating on Reddit" is not actual research

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuddlyZombie posted:

It’s a lovely argument that misses the point. It talks about how easy it would be to add modifiers while taking for granted the idea that they would be a good thing. Who is this supposed to CONVINCE?

let me help you out here: it's because they would be a good thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuddlyZombie posted:

Modifiers in plenty of games make me realize wait, why am I even bothering, and ruin the experience. Though usually it’s because under the surface it’s not a very good game on the first place. Thinking of you, Skyrim

Okay so wait is your argument "games shouldn't have easy modes/assists because I can't keep myself from using them"

is that what you're going with here?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sometimes what an author says about their work and what the work actually says are two completely different things

See, for example, the Rising of the Shield Hero's author many attempts to act like he's not writing a story where the protagonist is directly complicity in slavery

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I solved my problem with Pat and Woolie's dumbass opinions by just not watching their podcast

turns out it's actually really easy to cut a 3-5 hour podcast that is maybe funny 25% of the time out of your life

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dabir posted:

Explanation for those of us in the slow lane?

They're in a borrowed studio in San Francisco as opposed to their home office and they can't get audio working on the stream

it has been almost an hour

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

They are now currently PUTTING THE MIC NEAR THE SPEAKER

Billion dollar company setups here

Audio is loving hard and doing audio setups on the fly in the field even more so

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ConanThe3rd posted:

In a world where Hideaki Anno released his eva movies on time and they weren’t an exercise in him browbeating the audience into submission I’d totally be calling Pat a madman.

But the problem is, this is earth, Anno’s an rear end, GRRM is fart-arsing and Pat is right in all realms bar the realistic (regarding the refund thing).

Congratulations, this is the worst take

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He's talked about before how he doesn't just want to be a person people repost SBFP memes and news at

but also I don't know what stream this is or the context for it

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 9, 2019

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Plan Z posted:

It got a little confusing when Liam discovered the reset camera button so I couldn't tell if Liam was snapping the camera back to Sonic or they were doing an edit.

The magic of Sonic 2006.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm a couple videos in, I'm surprised how apologetic they are about the game. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, I guess their finding the bright side of it.

Yeah this doesn't last

but they're not wrong that the game is a result of people having to work with a new engine and technology and having an increasingly rushed release date to meet, which is honestly the case behind like 60% of all bad video games

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
after hearing tales of woolie's awful fire emblem three houses videos I took a look and

wow!

these are real bad.

I can't single out a worst part but my favorite is that revelation that woolie thinks the concepts of "recreation" and "fun" are only like two hundred years old

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Andrast posted:

wait what

He spends all three videos complaining about "historical accuracy" basically anytime anything remotely leisure related happens

I mean whenever he's not comparing characters to assumed tropes or trying to use the weapon triangle in a game with no weapon triangle or trying to frontline fight with healers and then complaining that they suck

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I didn't watch it but I saw people who are clearly unfamiliar with him/SBF passing around his Fire Emblem video as if he's some DSP-tier moron so I'm guessing it didn't go well
it's like peak "why does these videos exist"

he isn't engaging with the game on any level beyond the barest surface and I can't figure out why he decided this was a good idea

In fact, most of his LPs of varying lengths are bad and it's kind of a bummer!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wish Woolie wouldn't take criticism from dumb assholes to heart so much

hearing him debate Astral Chain because people were dumb about FIre Emblem was sad

there is a vast gulf of difference between Woolie playing a game he's excited for in a genre he's good at and Woolie very clearly making GBS threads out three videos for a game he doesn't care about but it's hot right now and he needs those views.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
If you are making a living off of a youtube channel it's a generally good idea to not put out content your audience hates.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dude went on a facebook rant about how black women are bad at fighting games and only come to tournaments to try and gently caress him and suffered zero repercussions for that because he can hit the stick to make the character move good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

oh good, when did that happen? I haven't really seen much of him since mvc3 disintegrated years ago so it's great to know he's actually a piece of poo poo and the stuff I'd heard that he was a real cool guy was total bullshit then, yikes rescinded

Quick google search tells me June 2017

https://blackgirlnerds.com/evilgeniuses-nychrisgs-comments-show-misogynoir-still-part-fighting-game-community/

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You know I had been saying Matt and Liam on Sonic 2k6 has been the best post-SBFP LP but after watching Woolie and Super Eyepatch Wolf's friendship completely dissolve over a Goemon game I'm going to have to retract that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The last three episodes of the Goemon LP have some all time quotes

"Listen, John, and I say this with all sincerity: you are not leaving until we see credits."

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Roth posted:

Woolie and Eyepatch Wolf is a good combo

That we will never see again

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Grouchio posted:

Goemon burned them that badly? No more HxH? :negative:

(I'm sure they will but the joke throughout the entire back half of the Goemon LP is that Woolie was going to kill EPW if they ever LP'd together again)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wha Happen is good most of the time and I'm glad he's stopped doing more recent stuff since those are always the worst. Fallout 76 was just reposting a bunch of reddit threads in a video, a ton of stuff in the Anthem video was just actively wrong, and the MvCI video is "we don't know what happened so let's just do a bunch of speculation"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vandar posted:

Pat would just rather stream. He doesn't like more structured and edited stuff.

This is basically why SBFP died to begin with. Woolie is the only one who still wanted to do LPs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Not wild about Matt's one halloween game video a day slot still counting for Wha Happens

show me the spooky games!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's actually about Indivisible. Pat hates it, Woolie loves it, they argue about it incessantly for three hours because it's clear they both want different things from the game but aren't able to just leave it at that so it has to meet some kinds of non-existent objective "good" threshold for them to fight over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Farg posted:

im good at it but the games combat is puddle-deep and the optimal strategy by midgame and beyond is to slap all the buttons as fast as possible and the game never, ever challenges you on that.

So it's the Astral Chain of Valkyrie Profile games is what you're saying