Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I started playing 5e about 2 months ago, and I've been having fun. I think our group is going to run Eberron adventure league next year, which looks like a fun setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kaysette posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo has basically confirmed more spelljammer content is coming for 5e (and there’s a big clue about this in Mad Mage) but idk the timeline on that. There will also be Ravnica AL stuff eventually since I guess the experiment with Eberron went well.

I ran a one shot in Ravnica, and the setting was fun so I'm glad they're doing some AL stuff with it.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm going to start playing an Adventure League Eberron game and I cant decide on a character. I'm thinking of either a whispers bard or mastermind rogue. Anyone have experience with either?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

What race? Race is much more important in Eberron than standard.

I was thinking Changling for the bard and dragon marked (house of tharashk) for the rogue.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Does anyone in here have a good suggestion for a campaign that focuses more on the social and exploration pillars, rather than combat? My group generally prefers just having one, maybe two big combats per session, but a lot of official modules are just loaded down with combat and trap encounters. Anything better for more of a narrative focus? Even unofficial stuff, long as it's good.

And on that note: Are there any good guides around to creating your own adventures? I'm really bad at not making them incredibly linear, or lacking in detail.

I've been playing the Eberron adventure league campaign and so far there's not a ton of combat and plenty of room for RP/non combat problem solving.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Is there a place I can buy (or DL if it's free?) that if I'm not in adventure league? Not really familiar with how AL works, but that sounds perfect for what I need. Might try Dragonheist, too.

If you search for Embers of the Last War on DMs Guild or elsewhere you should be able to find the adventures.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm looking to play a caster/melee character whenever this virus blows over (hopefully). What has been some of your favorites for general fun and flexibility?

A vanilla Hexblade looks like a good starting point. I haven't played for long, and I've played a caster lock and a forge cleric before.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

TheDemon posted:

Yah echoing the "do you want to be melee capable (even melee ridiculous) but retain most of casting potential" vs "do you want to self buff and wade into the fray".

I guess mostly melee based with spells as buffs/support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I dont know if the Swarmkeeper ranger, but I really want to play one and run around with a beard made of bees.