Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
A cleric losing armor and shield proficiency for Unarmored Defense seems like a fine trade to me. In fact, it's recommended in the DM's Guide as an example for how to modify classes. Granted, they go a step farther and recommend you also remove the cleric's simple weapon proficiency, but that seems like a bit too much imo.

5e DM's Guide page 287 posted:

You can also change armor and weapon proficiencies to reflect certain aspects of your world. For example, you could decide that the clerics of a particular deity belong to an order that forbids the accumulation of material goods, other than magic items useful for their divine mission. Such clerics carry a staff, but they are forbidden from wearing armor or using weapons other than that staff. To reflect this, you could remove the armor and weapon proficiencies for clerics of this faith, making them proficient with the quarterstaff and nothing else. You could give them a benefit to make up for the loss of proficiencies something like the monk's Unarmored Defense class feature, but presented as a divine blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Nessa posted:

Just finished DMing the Tides of Retribution quest in Wildemount. My players threw me a curve ball by wanting to vet the person who is going to be purchasing the Rod of Retribution to make sure it is never used for evil purposes again. So now I need to come up with a legitimate buyer who would purchase rare and dangerous artifacts through Revelry pirates.

IIRC the Rod is Sahuagin-made, so maybe someone who studies Sahuagin. They begrudgingly work with the Revelry because the pirates naturally have a lot of interaction with Sahuagin (or at least more than most people). Another option would be someone from the Cobalt Soul who keeps an eye out for powerful and/or dangerous items the Revelry recovers and buys them in order to keep them out of the wrong hands.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

https://slyflourish.com/crafting_lazy_monster_tokens.html

If you've got a printer and a few other things, then this should help.

You can also make your own custom token sheet if you want, just go here, grab the ones you want, and put them into a printable sheet.