Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

So I am about to start running a new 5e game soon. Fluffwise I don't really like short rests taking an hour, would it gently caress things up too bad mechanically to reduce a short rest to 15 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

For my two cents, I suspect that they didn't think though the Natural Language

"Natural Language" was a stupid idea in the first place.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

Especially with a diviner

Halfling diviner with the lucky feat.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Sage Genesis posted:

First of all, you mention that you guys routinely get your poo poo kicked in? Are you absolutely sure that your DM is doing things correctly? Constructing encounters has a few devil-in-the-details to it, and I've seen lots of people accidentally make encounters far more deadly than they thought they were. Could you describe a few encounters you've recently been in, in terms of which enemies you faced and how many?

Speaking of which, as someone about to start running a 5e dnd game as a new-to-5e dm, I've heard there are some issues with 5e challenge ratings, any advice?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

kingcom posted:

Yeah the CR has nothing to do with how powerful or dangerous they are basically. Are you running a module or running your own campaign ?

My own campaign