Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Posting on the first page to say if you've never run 5e before (and especially if your players haven't) give 'em all at least 10 bonus HP, and probably more if they're playing a martial character.

Let players use different attribute+skill combinations (using Stength instead of Charisma to intimidate someone being the classic example).

If you're playing a Warlock, there's basically no reason to not take Eldtrich Blast and the +CHA buff to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Added on you can ignore anything Crawford says, he has said so himself. The intent matters more than the words.

Ah yes, the famously clear-to-figure-out intent present in many of 5e's design decisions and later clarifications by the designers.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

naddpod gets to level 20 in the first campaign and the DM is strict about sticking to the rules. one of the players is jake hurwitz, who had never played before at episode 1. its easily the best “live play” d&d show if you care about it being both a good show and an accurate representation of playing d&d

edit: it’s a podcast so it is all theatre of the mind, but take my word for it, the combat sequences are more creative and interesting than critical role or dimension 20

seconding the NADDPOD ("not another d&d podcast") recommendation. Perfectly straddles the line between "edited for listening" and feeling like a real table game.