Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

That's still a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wait, I thought that was supposed to be Satella at the end

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Price of smiles managed to pull off an allegory for climate change. Even if the terraforming nanomachines that were being drained by the chrars were total magic, the allegory holds: the nanomachines were originally tapping into an infinite power source (the sun), and the chrars were merely consuming that power at an unsustainable rate and ruining the biosphere. In the same way that fossil fuels are consuming million year old solar power at an unsustaining rate and ruining the biosphere.

Is it too optimistic? Sure. But that's better than the status quo, which guarantees a hell of our own devising. And primary solution to the problem is to stop using stored up energy, and start tapping into the same infinite power source as what originally charged up the nanomachines/fossil fuels in the first place.

i was pleasantly surprised it went there, but still like 80% of the show was just typical war bad mecha stuff at a level of execution i didn't find worth much praise. because the show treated the chrars stuff as some mystery to get a late season shocking reveal, they didn't get to explore much of the consequence or rebuilding effort. i guess my issue is with that blind optimism and minimization of conflict it pulls out at the end, since it wasn't like that at all in the early episodes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AnoHito posted:

Wait, I thought that was supposed to be Satella at the end
Nope. If you guys want more details, PM me. I've read all of Arc 4 (what Season 2 will be).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

The witch of greed knuckles the echidina.

There is undoubtably fanart of this somewhere out there.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
While I normally don't mind spoilers, I would've Hanamichi'd the hell out of your three right now.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

While I normally don't mind spoilers, I would've Hanamichi'd the hell out of your three right now.

But I don't even know any spoilers...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Can we at least keep the manga spoilers in the anime thread.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh you mean the dead Re Zero anime thread? We need a new one.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnoHito posted:

But I don't even know any spoilers...
:thejoke:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wark Say posted:

We got Subaru grimly walking towards a black-clad Emilia while surrounded by corpses. It looked incredibly horrifying (in a good kind of way) and I'm honestly excited, but we don't even have an air date, so maybe we should hold on a bit?

Whatcha mean? Everyone's having a ton of fun! yay!

also
https://twitter.com/shinohara_kenta/status/1109095847730380801

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I'm not sure why you keep saying this? You can make one if you want.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The final eps of Hi Score Girl are up on Netflix.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Erg posted:

I'm not sure why you keep saying this? You can make one if you want.
Making a quick Dorohedoro thread in October blew the wind outta me. I can't do that again.
I might also accidentaly spoil some new guys.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Grouchio posted:

:justpost:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

a kitten posted:

snip
BAD KITTEN THOSE ARE A BUNCH OF WALKING SPOILERS

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

BuT wHy DoEsNt SuBaRu LiKe ReM

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

handsome betelgeuse shouldn't exist

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

handsome betelgeuse shouldn't exist

Do you mean regular betelgeuse? :unsmigghh:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
make a thread and call it The Re:Zero Thread for Grouchio to Get Hype and Post Spoilers In

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Making a quick Dorohedoro thread in October blew the wind outta me. I can't do that again.
I might also accidentaly spoil some new guys.

Thanks, I needed the laugh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a kitten posted:

I don't know who half of those characters are, but I'm hoping shark-teeth kids are fun. Now please stop talking about Re:Zero potential spoilers here before I reconsider metaphorical headbutts to everyone involved.

The headbutt stands for probations.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 23, 2019

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't know who some of those people are either, but i got it right from the official anime twitter so i figured it was ok.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Grouchio posted:

So :justpost:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
It was only a matter of time for a season 2. Re:Zero merchandise is still widely accessible to get in Japan and still moves as well.

I only hope that they’re getting the original staff back because that can make a huge difference. *looks at one punch man 2 trailer*

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

We don't have any kind of ETA or staff assignments yet, do we? I know the original director's on Granbelm for this summer, so I might be a little concerned if Re:Zero 2's supposed to be soon.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I highly doubt it’s anytime this year. I’m gonna guess 2020 and probably late 2020 if original staff are coming back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

granbelm isn't white fox, so the director could easily be juggling the two projects while the separate studios do what they have to do. not like he'd be the first director to do two projects at once.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885363

I made the thread

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This girls fighter pilots show seems pretty great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/FGOAP_ep7/status/1109661239087554560

trailer for the fate grand order babylonia tv anime

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

And more reposts from the main thread of a series - this time Konosuba....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3agy25ZSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sETb41GEpBo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WHAT THE gently caress IS WITH TODAY :psyboom:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's animejapan, an event where it is common to announce things

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

this one goes out to all the cute posters!

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1109689485757808640

Will you please like hentai if it's cute?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
of course, it's like spaghetti and meatballs

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Davincie posted:

this one goes out to all the cute posters!

Will you please like hentai if it's cute?
I haven't read the source (obviously) so I could be wrong, but isn't it more like,

"If I'm cute, would you like me even though I'm a pervert?"

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/pkjd/status/1109663486072619008?s=12

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also new thread will either be up tonight or tomorrow, so last chance to get in some more thread title recommendations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Shirobako movie details

quote:

According to Horikawa, the film is set around five years after the original TV anime, which launched originally in October of 2014. Protagonist Aoi Miyamori will take on a significant new role compared to where we saw her as the TV series ended: the production desk, or head production assistant. Previous comments by series director Tsutomu Mizushima in the June 2015 issue of AnimeStyle reveal that Horikawa’s original intention was to make SHIROBAKO four cours - or 13-episode blocks - with Miyamori receiving a new role each cour. Her role was speculated to become a line producer and then a full producer had this dream been realized, but as the TV show had only been pitched as a 24 episode series and the panel at AnimeJapan was non-committal, there's no sure answer as to what Miyamori's new title could be.

Emphasis mine: what could have been!

More detail, a new character etc.