Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Oh hey, Netflix is making a new season of Saiki K. https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1109693086014164992

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

I see people haven't been talking about High Score Girl. Let me remedy that.

High Score Girl is one of my top animes of 2018 and the OVA that was just released continues that. Tbh I'd go with the fansubs for 1-12 if only because its adds to the aesthetic of the series, and the netflix sub is honestly quite bad in many cases (/a/nons have the decency to eventually sub the OP and ED eventually). Its a pretty great romance with some 90's arcade and gaming nostalgia that was able to affect even me, a person who was born in the latter half of the 90's. With a wonderful soundtrack and fun characters, its hard to hate the show besides its cgi art. But its well worth the use of actual videogame footage. Which the OVA manages to improve upon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQkLZVLTvc

So uh yeah, go watch High Score Girl.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Missingnoleader posted:

High Score Girl is one of my top animes of 2018 and the OVA that was just released continues that. Tbh I'd go with the fansubs for 1-12 if only because its adds to the aesthetic of the series, and the netflix sub is honestly quite bad in many cases (/a/nons have the decency to eventually sub the OP and ED eventually). Its a pretty great romance with some 90's arcade and gaming nostalgia that was able to affect even me, a person who was born in the latter half of the 90's. With a wonderful soundtrack and fun characters, its hard to hate the show besides its cgi art. But its well worth the use of actual videogame footage. Which the OVA manages to improve upon.

do the OVAs actually finish the story or no

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

Shirobako movie details

Emphasis mine: what could have been!

On the plus side, more Shirobako, yay!

But I agree, I would've loved those other seasons.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

I cannot answer whether or not the content is exhausted but it is a good ending.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The manga is unfinished as far as I know at the moment. Scanlators might be a bit behind though

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh wait it is finished. Scanlators just a volume behind. S1 covered the first 4 volumes, and there’s 6 volumes left

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

A second season is coming in October.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a kitten posted:

Shirobako movie details

More detail, a new character etc.
So. drat. Hype!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh no Manaria Friends was only 10 episodes.

*pounds table* We demand four more seasons and a movie about their marriage stabilizing relations between the two nations.

At least it seems to be doing really well on BR sales. The first one has been top 3 since it was released.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The first bluray came with gbf goodies which is why its still charting so well.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Missingnoleader posted:

(/a/nons have the decency to eventually sub the OP and ED eventually)

Copyrights for the text of the lyrics are separate from the copyright for the work the music appears in, so those have to be negotiated and paid for in addition to licensing the anime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mildly annoyed that we're getting all these announcements out of AnimeJapan but still no news on new Yurucamp...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kotobuki dog fights were real good today and I want a whole series on the minor characters now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Missingnoleader posted:

Funfact about the author of High Score Girl's original manga, the guy was actually a fairly prominent player in the 90s/early 2000s fighting game scene in his own right. He played a ton of Darkstalkers. That's probably why the arcade culture stuff feels fairly accurate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Shirobako movie details

More detail, a new character etc.

Jesus, it's actually been nearly five years since Shirobako. I was about to say "it's going to feel weird timeskipping to Aoi with five years' experience."

It's probably still going to feel really weird, but now we also get to feel old! :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Shirobako... good.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mildly annoyed that we're getting all these announcements out of AnimeJapan but still no news on new Yurucamp...

If it's any consolation as someone who was enough of a shmuck to stand for 1 1/2 hours in hailing weather to go there Yurucamp was doin' pretty well, there was a booth with a comfy looking bed and a whole ton of merch and give-away bags so it's not forgotten at least

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Davincie posted:

this one goes out to all the cute posters!

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1109689485757808640

Will you please like hentai if it's cute?

Judging by the cover I see on Wikipedia, gently caress no.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
*cough* *cough* New Thread

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thanks!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thank you for your work Julias

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Perfect. New thread has been stickied accordingly.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
All y'all are now free to catch up with Run with the Wind, I guarantee that you will not be disappointed

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guess that's my weekend planned then :toot:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm sure it's perfect, can't wait to finish it up this week.

Can't recommend it enough to anyone if you at all care about sport shows, i really want more people to watch it. There's like no way it's not on my AOTY list, and I've really been enjoying this year so far

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ufotable got accused of Tax Evasion: https://bunshun.jp/articles/-/11227

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah ive been wishing for them to do hollow/ataxraxia too

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So apparently it's related to merch sales and not some kind of elaborate money laundering scheme. Well, not one related to anime production anyway.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I see some story there about a Gackt virtual currency.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'm scrounging for some additional anime to show to show at a con (arrangement through Crunchyroll). Is there anything from winter that flew under the radar at the start but got stronger as it aired?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Maera Sior posted:

I'm scrounging for some additional anime to show to show at a con (arrangement through Crunchyroll). Is there anything from winter that flew under the radar at the start but got stronger as it aired?

For a lot of people Kaguya went from "eh, another romcom" to "must watch"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Run With The Wind finished this Winter and im mad about how no one's talking about it so my vote is that

I watched five episodes of kaguya-sama and got real bored real fast but that's just me. i know people like it thi, so it probably does get better later

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

I seem to recall Kemurikusa getting increasingly warm reception.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

Run With The Wind finished this Winter and im mad about how no one's talking about it so my vote is that

I watched five episodes of kaguya-sama and got real bored real fast but that's just me. i know people like it thi, so it probably does get better later
It's deffo a strong contender for AOTY 2019. I absolutely loved it, but I feel like every week I'd just post a dumb "Oh, those precious boys :3:", and goons would probably get tired of me doing that.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Maera Sior posted:

Besides Kemurikusa, some of the people who had initially written off Domestic na Kanojo seemed to get convinced to watch it for it's soap-opera-esque drama.
I don't know if 5-Toubun no Hanayome was on your radar, but for a standard harem romcom setup, it's pretty nice.

And for a chill show, you've got Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

I seem to recall Kemurikusa getting increasingly warm reception.

It’s a good show, but not for that poster’s purposes. Art and animation quality ain’t great and it is very weird and very earnest. My guess is that people would start MST3King it by the middle of episode 2. :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Julias posted:

And for a chill show, you've got Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.

This. It looks like a boring topic for a show but its so well written and animated (all the cat silliness is spot on if you own a cat) that it more than makes up for it with how easily the show puts a smile on your face or stirs up a warm feeling.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Seconding this. Run With the Wind is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Maera Sior posted:

I feel that Boogiepop got really good as it got going.