Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...wow.

I was not expecting... that.

Good on you, game!

Good on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, alright then. That's a sad mystery which just gave that seemingly unrelated songstress a proper wicked dagger.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Glazius posted:

Well, alright then. That's a sad mystery which just gave that seemingly unrelated songstress a proper wicked dagger.

And it could go either way narrative-wise. She's a songstress, who hate that sort of thing, but it's her brother, which could be good or bad. She might already know or might not, and there's potential there for an initial reaction which she regrets too late. And of course it can weave back into Cicero's main concern at the worst possible time.

What I find interesting is that if I was told this sort of plotline in a vacuum I would assume some hamhanded kludge, just because we see it done badly so often, but it *works*. The story in this game is excellent; his character did not depend on this information but it doesn't contradict it, finding it out recontextualizes some things but it does not invalidate them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I for one am super stoked to find these Trehroir artifacts and start making Mascherines again.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, it's like the man says: nobody ever went extinct who was powered by puppy kisses and sunny afternoons.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

At least we know that Ven has not yet encountered CTF. Otherwise he'd be dead and the Astiguary would be a charred heap of toxic ash.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Rocks fall, someone dies.

Oh also mask revelations. That's kind of actually clever, considering they're masks after all.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Big fan of big flaming cocks

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I may be overly cynical, but Mascherines are so powerful that if we learn more of the history I assume the crimes of those sacrificed will be things like "jaywalking without a permit" and "refused to volunteer to become a Mascherine."

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Bruceski posted:

I may be overly cynical, but Mascherines are so powerful that if we learn more of the history I assume the crimes of those sacrificed will be things like "jaywalking without a permit" and "refused to volunteer to become a Mascherine."

Yeah it's definitely implied by what we've seen so far that there must have been thousands of the things lying around by the time the empire collapsed, the scale is way beyond what makes sense as purely a capital punishment. I'm betting at some point they quit with all the rituals and just started mass mask-ification of undesirables.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

huh, didn't see that coming.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Everyone who didn't notice the matching eye colors has failed their Accredita.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

But matching eye colors only counts if it's heterochromia! Tons of people have the same colored eyes!

Clearly the dopplegangers from dopplepopolis have infiltrated are ranks more thoroughly than anyone could have imagined.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I really like the interactions between Cicero and the rest of the party members, particularly Kalden. They're very well done.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 22, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

[url=http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6l1Z-YzyqO4%26feature%3Dyoutu.be]-The Conosc

There's a missing tag here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I also hosed up the lyrics for Raz's song, which is unforgivable

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I think I was expecting the followup on plant guy even less than the fire chicken.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
This game is really great and everybody should buy it.

Going to avoid mentioning spoilers but man I really want a sequel, I want so see more of the cast and world.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
The writing is so good god drat.

Kalden :smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 27, 2019

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
:ohdear:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are we fugitives now?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are we fugitives now?

I think he was referring to the other traitor. When told to destroy the pillars the commander seemed worried that we were still in there fighting, which wouldn't mesh if he'd been ordered to kill us.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah. So, all that dust... the dead walk the Citte again.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

That boss fight seems like it came out of nowhere. Was that whole setup ever alluded to before?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

As far as I know it's just Suddenly Dumbo-Sothoth. I'd assume the Songstresses kept a tight lid on that for PR reasons.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 2, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Just watch, it's going to turn out that every guild secretly kept a fey and thought it was the only one.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
yes
YES

also the rest of this has been really good too.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Could Salting be channeling the spirit of the mask?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
And now Kalden finally had something go his way. :unsmith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

King of Bleh posted:

Yeah it's definitely implied by what we've seen so far that there must have been thousands of the things lying around by the time the empire collapsed, the scale is way beyond what makes sense as purely a capital punishment. I'm betting at some point they quit with all the rituals and just started mass mask-ification of undesirables.

Glazius posted:

Just watch, it's going to turn out that every guild secretly kept a fey and thought it was the only one.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Could Salting be channeling the spirit of the mask?

:haw:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 14, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Oh Vasco you perv

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Behold the greatest secret of the Dimenticate: A DICK JOKE! Baaaahah hah hah gets them every time.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Zut alors! Death has come to the Citte!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Hey lady, the point when half the city is in flames is maybe a little late to start having misgivings about the path you've chosen.