Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
how loving stupid do you have to be to not realize you can put on BOTH legs at the same time. i've probably gained hours of time in my life because of this that i've been able to fruitfully squander on masturbation and video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Muscle Wizard posted:

like when i was told that most people switch hands to cut their food while eating (why?????)
Most people don’t.

But if you went to a proper finishing school you’d know why people switch hands.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hold up
people don't switch hands to cut food?

This is big news

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Muscle Wizard posted:

how loving stupid do you have to be to not realize you can put on BOTH legs at the same time. i've probably gained hours of time in my life because of this that i've been able to fruitfully squander on masturbation and video games.

To do that you have to jump into the pants or be sitting down or perching or hanging on something. If you do it one leg at a time you can do it while standing. Did you factor in the sitting down and sitting up time in your speed records?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Whoa, are we ALLOWED to necro threads from eighteen months ago? Because I've got some doozies that we could grave rob.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
u can do anything. everything is allowed until it isn't, with the exception of putting on more than two legs of pants on at a time.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Whoa, are we ALLOWED to necro threads from eighteen months ago?

iunno

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

u can do anything. everything is allowed until it isn't, with the exception of putting on more than two legs of pants on at a time.

Do they still count as pants legs if you put them on your arms?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Whoa, are we ALLOWED to necro threads from eighteen months ago? Because I've got some doozies that we could grave rob.

What's stopping you?

Anyway I prefer to put my pants on one leg at a time but take them off both at once

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

is putting your pants on one leg at a time supposed to be some sort of humbling joke? I know the expression but I just started thinking about it and I have never put my pants on one leg at a time. I step into the pants then I pull the pants up.

this doesn't make any sense to me, it's making me very mad.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I always took it as everyone has the same baseline problems and stuff even if we're very different people and you should stop and remember that.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

is putting your pants on one leg at a time supposed to be some sort of humbling joke? I know the expression but I just started thinking about it and I have never put my pants on one leg at a time. I step into the pants then I pull the pants up.

this doesn't make any sense to me, it's making me very mad.

:getin:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I think the more grounding fact about celebrities is that they all poop

every single person who seems important has to sit on a toilet and have poop come out of their butt lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i put on my pants the same way as everybody else, three legs at a time

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I hold my pants out in front of me and leap into them gracefully

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I never take my pants off.
Never.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
If you were smart you'd necro threads too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I put mine on three legs at a time :smug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Do spiders have 8 leg pants or do they just wear 4 pairs?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think most of them wear shorts

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The people who put a pant leg fully on and can then lift their leg high enough to put the other on are much more flexible than I am.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
what we really need are pants with velcro along the entirety of the outside so you can eliminate the tedious and annoying 'put leg in pants' step altogether

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

i ttrid putting on my [ants b oth lrgs at a time asnd now i'm sll tanglerd up ib my pants someonre pkeaSWE COME HELP

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol if you wear pants instead of dresses regardless of gender as a form of rebellion against the corrupt patriarchy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

i ttrid putting on my [ants b oth lrgs at a time asnd now i'm sll tanglerd up ib my pants someonre pkeaSWE COME HELP

i've never seen somebody self-pants themselves so drastically

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

UltraRed posted:

The people who put a pant leg fully on and can then lift their leg high enough to put the other on are much more flexible than I am.

I think putting it on "one leg at a time" means putting each foot through the hole at different times and not pulling them up twice. Either that or I have been doing it wrong for years. Am I about to find out that putting my arms through the sleeves of button up shirts one arm at a time is wrong too?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Knormal posted:

That's a onesie.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol if you wear pants instead of dresses regardless of gender as a form of rebellion against the corrupt patriarchy

I like this idea. a lot. are pants just patriarchal constructs? first ladies couldn't wear pants, now I (a dude) am not supposed to wear a dress. I'm already struggling with the leg approach. in these unprecedented times I've been wearing a lot of shorts and bathrobes, and you know what? maybe the pantsed part of my life is over now. down with patriarchy! and down with mandatory pants!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Toplogically speaking, as far as clothing is concerned, a human being may as well be a sphere. You can put your pants on by shoving your head into your cuff and pulling down.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I like this idea. a lot. are pants just patriarchal constructs? first ladies couldn't wear pants, now I (a dude) am not supposed to wear a dress. I'm already struggling with the leg approach. in these unprecedented times I've been wearing a lot of shorts and bathrobes, and you know what? maybe the pantsed part of my life is over now. down with patriarchy! and down with mandatory pants!

Has the day of sarongs for all finally come?

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Xenocides posted:

Am I about to find out that putting my arms through the sleeves of button up shirts one arm at a time is wrong too?

How else would you do it, unless you're a fancy lad with a butler or manservant who holds up your shirts and jackets so you can just slip right into them

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Arrhythmia posted:

Toplogically speaking, as far as clothing is concerned, a human being may as well be a sphere. You can put your pants on by shoving your head into your cuff and pulling down.

well. As long as you keep your mouth shut.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I did this as a kid on the edge of my bed and it seemed obvious you want to sit down as much as possible in life, so when I overheard two Silents (pbut) saying to one another "I put my pants on one leg at a time just like Jack Nicklaus" I thought he was bragging about their similarity

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And why do they call it a pair of pants if there is only 1?

OP seems to be a pants expert.
This is a medieval pair of pantaloons. As you may notice they are actually two separate legs that you hook together at the taint and on the belt. Ergo, it's a pair.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Why do they call it sleeves when there's only one on each arm or socks when there's only one on each foot or glasses when there's only one on each eye or pants when there's only one on each leg I've just NEVER been able to figure that out in me entire life I says - Me, nude, to myself in the mirror every loving morning when I get out of the shower for the past 30+ years.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
uh you can totally have one sleeve, one sock, one glass :monocle:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

uh you can totally have one sleeve, one sock, one glass :monocle:

you can totally have one of my dang balls to bat around!!1

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
only if I put on my one glove first

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
what about a pair of undies

can you put them on one undie at a time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
much like the pantaloon, the original form was... somewhat complicated, and you could put on one or the other. More of a front / back thing instead of left / right