Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

LOL loving double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

To be fair they probably have a standing APB ready to go any time there is a hit and run in ALB

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME!?! :lol:

Edit: Oh it's a parody thing? Oh well, I was too quick to believe.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

kensei posted:

LOL loving double post
statistically speaking Jon will hit one of them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

June off to a great start

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Fake account https://twitter.com/mma_kings/status/1267654668295045120

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
augh dangit

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

statistically speaking Jon will hit one of them

Most excellent good sire

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

@LynchDeezNuts

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nah Jones was out telling people to not spray paint. It was kinda cool but repressive at the same time.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Forgot this thread existed!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

congrats on the Oplot contract, Jon

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

coconono posted:

Nah Jones was out telling people to not spray paint. It was kinda cool but repressive at the same time.

Nothing cool about it my man.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rest his guts posted:

Nothing cool about it my man.

yeah I didn't realize he was doing it on the behest of The Man. Hope he breaks his legs again.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've been a Jones stan for a long time

Well that's over

e: worth noting to me is this is the thing that got DC to say "hey maybe Jones is alright" so gently caress DC too

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 4, 2020

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
For those thinking that Jon should be happy with the pay he gets, this was a really good read:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/6/2/21275941/ufc-finances-how-much-does-jon-jones-make-fighting-for-the-ufc

From the lawsuit against the UFC we know from 2007-2017 the UFC pays 15-18% of its revenue on fighter pay each year.

TLDR:
Eight PPV events headlined by Jones from 2012-2017 did almost $108 million in revenue above the UFC’s floor.
Which is $14 million in additional revenue per event headlined by Jon Jones.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jon's not gonna fight anymore once he starts getting paid for state sponsored terrorism

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
that drive-by pepper spraying clip except it's jones reaching out of the window and poking protestors in the eyes

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Intruder posted:

e: worth noting to me is this is the thing that got DC to say "hey maybe Jones is alright" so gently caress DC too

Catching up on the DC/Helwani show for the week and Helwani seems pissed off and repeatedly saying "murders" while DC is bootlicking talking a bout how the kids he coaches have cop dads and they're good guys and saying "incidents"....yeah...gently caress DC.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Shumagorath posted:

that drive-by pepper spraying clip except it's jones reaching out of the window and poking protestors in the eyes

lmao

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Brut posted:

how the kids he coaches have cop dads and they're good guys and saying "incidents"....yeah...gently caress DC.
How the gently caress does a black man who grew up in NO think that.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

How the gently caress does a black man who grew up in NO think that.

I mean you can listen to the first 25~ minutes of this show to hear it for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQau-VvlvCQ

Helwani does end up asking him if he's personally experienced racism in his life and he does basically tell him that he hasn't, since he's always been the #1 wrestler everywhere, he ends up coming up with an example of his sister having a neighbor that didn't wanna shake her hand.

There's actually a couple specific lines that I could pull that make DC look way worse than what I posted, something like "No cop can be bad" but it's not clear if he's trying to say "no cop IS bad" (Complete and utter bootlicking bullshit) or if he's trying to say "I wish all cops were good people".

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
is there anyone goons actually like?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mean Bean Machine posted:

James Thompson...no wait he's a Q-Anon booster

Mark Hunt is pretty safe I suppose.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Max Holloway

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Angela Hill is the best, so is Amanda Nunes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amanda Nunes is the only one I can stand anymore that keeps my interest in the company for non-trainwreck reasons

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Angela Hill almost taking up pro wrestling is still one of the greater whatifs of the last ten years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and to be clear:

jon jones is now a state sponsored domestic terrorist. gently caress that dude eternally.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Angela Hill is the best

I can get behind this.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Gaethjesus.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jerusalem posted:

Angela Hill is the best, so is Amanda Nunes.

nunes was a bolsonaro backer despite being gay and bolsonaro wanting to eradicate LGBTQ folks

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

coconono posted:

and to be clear:

jon jones is now a state sponsored domestic terrorist. gently caress that dude eternally.

jon "jon 'bones' jones" jones

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

But what about all the good things Jon Jones has done?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

But what about all the good things Jon Jones has done?

Nope

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Lol I remember Kevin Lee getting a lot of goodwill when he supported Bernie Sanders, but then they invited him to speak at some event and he started with some rambling like "The white house, its messed up and yeah there's Trump, you gotta give him respect though, he's trying you know, but uh" and the crowd immediately recognizes he is just a dumbass

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

nunes was a bolsonaro backer despite being gay and bolsonaro wanting to eradicate LGBTQ folks
loving godddamit :negative:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Jerusalem posted:

loving godddamit :negative:

yeah, it was a heartbreaker

https://twitter.com/Amanda_Leoa/status/1056908268780642304?s=20

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
On the plus side, the related tweets reminded me UFC 250 is tonight and I nearly missed an Amanda fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

On the plus side, the related tweets reminded me UFC 250 is tonight and I nearly missed an Amanda fight?

You missed some cool prelims and early prelims too, there wasn't a single bad fight.