Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
CHIEFS 8 19.05%
SEAHAWKS 8 19.05%
JUST ASKING QUESTIONS 26 61.90%
Total: 35 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Like, I know that Centurylink is a loud stadium, but it’s pretty funny that NBC is hyping how loud it is when they’re playing the Chiefs.

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Its Rinaldo posted:

Arrowhead and Century Link trade the loudest stadium title back and forth so it makes KC fans mad to say Seattle's stadium is loud.

No they don’t trade them back and forth. Chiefs had the record at 137.5db, then Seattle broke it at 137.6 then KC went beat it down to have 142.2, and Seattle hasn’t even tried to break that lol

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Strobe posted:

Mahomes has started most games this season overthrowing receivers. I'm not sure what that's all about, but I hope he snaps out of it by playoffs time.

Absolutely agreed. I love the kid to death, and he has surpassed even my wildest expectations but he needs to slow down a bit.

Then again, he’s super young and has a long career ahead of him

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

He was fine, he didn't need to interfere there at all.

Yeah, there was no way he was going to catch that, but you can’t know that unless you turn around and look at the ball at least once

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Like, Chiefs need to beef up the pass rush and get in Wilson’s face, he probably won’t be able to handle the pressure and welp a KC sack during me typing this lol

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Hell fuckin ya guys

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

NecessaryEvil posted:

Something that's bugging me...what is up with the color of Seattle's field? It looks so drab and grayish...but you'll see it green on the "yards to go" things that they show on tv. Is it artificially having its color reduced, and if so, why? I know it's artificial turf, but it's just weird to see.

Could be worse, you could be watching a Boise State game on a TV with broken contrast controls

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Strobe posted:

If you can't stop the play before the ball is snapped the play should count.

Yeah, icing a qb sneak is extremely bitchmade. I loving hate Pete Carroll’s bullshit.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

SalTheBard posted:

Goddamn this commentary team sucks

Cris Collinsworth would probably like to have this interview buried

https://youtu.be/WC8Elk1LRjs

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
what the gently caress

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

This is definitely going to be saved in my memory of all my time favorite NFL moments and I’m very happy I was looking at the screen when it happened. Also Collinsworth going, “Yeah! There we go!” was the best color call he has ever made.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
We got a game guys

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I actually really love the KC/Seattle sorta rivalry and Seattle is honestly a really great town full of really great people... but doesn’t the whole 12th man thing become super embarrassing after awhile?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Zyla posted:

is that really a big deal? i used to do passes like that all the time during pickup games in college

is that a really a post?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Manoueverable posted:

Yup

The only time I've ever plunked down for anything with 12 on it was super bowl 49. Needless to say I never will again.

Ok. Now I like Seattle folks even more

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

LividLiquid posted:

When your fans have such a measurable effect on the game, you can have your own number too.

Uhhh... I’ve been to games at Arrowhead several times and the fans never needed their own number

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

The w is his leg.

:eyepop:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Its Rinaldo posted:

When you have a play named after the earthquake your fans caused then we'll talk :colbert:

dude... there’s more false starts at Arrowhead than any other stadium. I’m glad you guys got some seismologist’s dick hard though.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

The 7th Guest posted:

can they thread the needle and have a chief/arrowhead-related name that's not racist

Like I knew this was gonna come up, but uh the Chiefs name isn’t racist. The name was in honor of H Roe Bartle, a KC mayor who was also involved heavily in Boy Scouts in the 20’s and 30’s when he created an honor camping society called the Tribe Of The Mic-O-Say. That honor camping society concept was created with the help of actual Arapaho peoples in Wyoming who Bartle greatly respected and wanted to work their values into scouting.

Wikipedia posted:

Bartle was inspired to create the organization after serving as the Scout executive for the Central Wyoming Council, in 1922. Bartle became extremely interested in the heritage and culture of the many Indian reservations in Wyoming. He spent many hours listening to stories about the Indian tribes and soon began to incorporate Indian values and ideals into his Scouting program. Bartle was inducted into a local tribe of Arapaho based on a reservation served by the Scout council, and according to traditional Mic-O-Say legend, was given the name Lone Bear by the Chief.

So Bartle was (and still is) known as Chief Lone Bear and that’s why the team is called The Chiefs.

It drives me off the wall when people try to compare the Chiefs with say, the loving Redskins whose name is an actual no poo poo slur

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
edit: never mind, gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Qwijib0 posted:

Bob Sutton's bag of tricks is also a sack of lies

I want him to go away, but I know deep in my heart... it could always be worse.

I mean... not a whole lot worse, but it could.