Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Foam Monkey posted:

I know somebody who works for a small foundry and is wanting to build a website for it because there isn’t a lot of local business coming in. I have no problems helping them out because they’re willing to comp me for my time while paying for everything, but I don’t even know where to start.

I know I need to get a domain name and a host, but considering that this will be for online purchases a credit card processor is necessary and I’m pretty sure I’m missing a whole lot more. Could anybody please give me some advice on where to look for help on setting this up?

Make them get the domain and hosting on their card or you'll be playing tech help for years. Most places will have payment services like shopify available for you to add to your site; it's as easy as pressing a button. Pick a decent theme that's mobile friendly, pick a domain that's search friendly. Not much more than that. I would highly recommend having a static site with no blog or contact options, again, because if they ever need help it'll be you they call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU