Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win?
Yotsuba
Yotsuba
Miku
Miku
Yotsuba
View Results

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013
He's spent the entire story as an overworked student that also has to put food on the table for his family, no time left over to socialize with his peers, constantly exhausted and just running on fumes at all times. I think it's fine that he can't quite express those feelings of romance or excitement. One hundred percent in character for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat, Fuutarou, way to stick the landing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hes probably having regrets that he didn't pick best girl itsuki

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Hes probably having regrets that he didn't pick best girl itsuki
Didn't she literally start showing interest in him like 2 chapters ago?

Also is it me or are your Karens synced-up once again?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Didn't she literally start showing interest in him like 2 chapters ago?

Also is it me or are your Karens synced-up once again?

Yes to the first, but she still best girl

No to the second, its variable

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I love when Fuutarou fixes Yotsuba's ribbon after chastising her :3:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New chapter. Looks like we're wrapping up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That credit page is so mean.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is it too much to ask for the couple to maybe do some couple things before the series ends?

Or maybe have Nino swoop in with the last chapter

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like the other four sisters are all going to bake the wedding cake.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

That credit page is so mean.
Not as mean as the OG, though. Seriously, that was a kick in the crotch with steel-toed boots.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/negi_haruba/status/1225756639812190208?s=20

Reminder that this official crossover is still a thing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eatsuki is Eren, Yotsuba is Mikasa, Nino is Levi and... Miku and Ichika are Erwin and Armin, I think?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Seems pretty penultimate, as chapters go.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I'm sure Fuutarou will get through this fine, but if my bride and her sisters pulled this poo poo on me I'd be pissed.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mirage posted:

I'm sure Fuutarou will get through this fine, but if my bride and her sisters pulled this poo poo on me I'd be pissed.

I men...we all KNEW this was gonna happen.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think the hand positions are all fairly character consistent? Hoping he no sells it next chapter and they flashback to give us a few dozen chapters of dating shenanigans.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

M_Gargantua posted:

I think the hand positions are all fairly character consistent? Hoping he no sells it next chapter and they flashback to give us a few dozen chapters of dating shenanigans.

No dice. Negi has said it's ending next chapter. Bonus stuff or a spin off manga might though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And we're getting 10 more pages next chapter too, so it's gon be a nice, meaty motherfucker.

Also nice to see that Maruo is as big a tsundere as Nino. :mmmhmm:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ah Ichika, if you don't have a diploma to hold just grab your sister's rear end I guess.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Not to continue my being a spoilsport, and maybe I'm too spoiled with stories like Kaguya, but man, I wish we had some more romantic development before and/or after the confession with Yotsuba. I've gone back and tried to read the story again to see if I'd feel better since most here seem to like it, and while it helped a bit, it still felt like the story spent too much importance on being so secretive that the confession lacked for me and felt more like a karmic victory for Yotsuba, who has suffered and sacrificed while trying to remain cheerful and steadfast and needed the most help and recognition from someone, than a romantic one. Like Agronox, maybe Fuutarou was too much of a cypher that it felt more like he was a tool than a character. Still nice overall, however, and I'm hoping we get a lotta good stuff next chapter to make up for it!

doomrider7 posted:

I mean...we all KNEW this was gonna happen.

I knew it was gonna happen, but I was still hoping for the totally open/ambigious ending that HidaO-Win and you talked about earlier in the thread (we never know who he picked, use love to tell them apart, etc). Haha, maybe I got too attached to this idea and spoiled myself, like people getting overly hyped for an unreleased game.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I mean I too enjoyed it much more before the last festival. The story was at its best when it was just the six of them and friends doing the romcom life style.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

FutureCop posted:

Not to continue my being a spoilsport, and maybe I'm too spoiled with stories like Kaguya, but man, I wish we had some more romantic development before and/or after the confession with Yotsuba. I've gone back and tried to read the story again to see if I'd feel better since most here seem to like it, and while it helped a bit, it still felt like the story spent too much importance on being so secretive that the confession lacked for me and felt more like a karmic victory for Yotsuba, who has suffered and sacrificed while trying to remain cheerful and steadfast and needed the most help and recognition from someone, than a romantic one. Like Agronox, maybe Fuutarou was too much of a cypher that it felt more like he was a tool than a character. Still nice overall, however, and I'm hoping we get a lotta good stuff next chapter to make up for it!

Not much to add, but I agree with this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that's where I'm at too. I know it's a lot to ask (especially given that the 1st season anime adaptation was kinda ghetto in its approach, aside from a few key visuals and the VA's occasionally bringing in some sparkle), but it'd be rad if the anime could add a little bit of detail, especially now that we have a "endgoal" within sight of it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

FutureCop posted:

Agree with all of this.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

FutureCop posted:

I think Negi simply prioritized the mystery over all else, and that naturally had some detrimental effects when it came time for the reveal. Understandably, you couldn't have much if any romantic foreshadowing unless it was applied to at least four of the quints (all but Itsuki, who was squarely in the friendzone for the entire manga), or it would spoil the mystery. This manga's allure was the fun, personality-diverse quintuplets, and rooting for your favorite. He played to its strengths, and I think it paid off in the sense that all the way to the scene in the infirmary I could see any of the quints being chosen. There was a strong case to be made for any of them, even if I think Yotsuba and Itsuki's chances were higher than the others. As a Yotsuba fan, would I prefer a few more chapters with fluffy dating goodness to show their relationship growing romantically? Sure, of course. If I were a Nino, Miku, Ichika or Itsuki fan would that be torturous? The answer is probably.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

God willing the wedding reveal will be that itsuki is the bride, yotsuba went back to her home planet

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't Haruba state that he kinda regrets listening to his editor on that pick of introducing Itsuki first because of the whole "First Girl Wins" trope and whatnot, which wasn't a plan in the first place for Starry girl?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

FutureCop posted:

yeah this.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Didn't Haruba state that he kinda regrets listening to his editor on that pick of introducing Itsuki first because of the whole "First Girl Wins" trope and whatnot, which wasn't a plan in the first place for Starry girl?

he should have listened to common sense and made itsuki play true to that cliche

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1228597805628850176

Studio change, same studio that did the Azur Lane anime. Let's see how that goes this time around.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Well, that's all, folks.

Bestgirl won, and none of the losers had to bake the cake. I call that... a happy ending.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I ain't touching the speedscans.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

:emptyquote:

Much rather read the raws at that point.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Eh. Overall I really liked the manga but my interest completely tanked after the last school festival arc, and not just because my favorite quint didn't win out.

Agronox posted:

Is it too much to ask for the couple to maybe do some couple things before the series ends?

Or maybe have Nino swoop in with the last chapter

Both of those things would be nice but are unlikely to happen in a shounen romance manga. :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

But who here had enough love to spot yotsuba?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ending could have been worse. Unfortunately Nino didn't win, but on the upside Miku also didn't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If he doesn't pick yotsuba does he have to marry the one he picked?