Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win?
Yotsuba
Yotsuba
Miku
Miku
Yotsuba
View Results

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So something funky is up during the wedding. They've mentioned 11 wedding dresses and the rings being absent is also weird. While some weird harem ending is on the cards, is it possible they are still playing the Quintuplet game and he has to figure out who he is marrying/find his bride during the wedding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

So something funky is up during the wedding. They've mentioned 11 wedding dresses and the rings being absent is also weird. While some weird harem ending is on the cards, is it possible they are still playing the Quintuplet game and he has to figure out who he is marrying/find his bride during the wedding?

Considering how vastly different they are in personality, there would be something incredibly grim about him not being able to tell them apart by that point.

I'd dock a point if this goes for a harem ending, but it also was foreshadowed with the whole "holding hands at the end of the festival means you're bound for life!" while all five were holding the mc's hand.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Cuntellectual posted:

Considering how vastly different they are in personality, there would be something incredibly grim about him not being able to tell them apart by that point.

I'd dock a point if this goes for a harem ending, but it also was foreshadowed with the whole "holding hands at the end of the festival means you're bound for life!" while all five were holding the mc's hand.

It'd be exceptionally grim if on the day of the marriage he still had to prove he really loved his bride by finding her in a game of literal find the lady. That said something is up and all i can come up with is that or secret quintamy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chapter 69

loving lol at that final development though

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Chapter 69

loving lol at that final development though

Miku's pout is powerful, but Nino's thirst is stronger still.

HidaO-Win posted:

It'd be exceptionally grim if on the day of the marriage he still had to prove he really loved his bride by finding her in a game of literal find the lady. That said something is up and all i can come up with is that or secret quintamy.

I'm looking the earlier chapters over again and I am now reasonably convinced it will be a harem ending. The question is if he knows that or not. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The ED is pretty catchy. Shame the full version ain't out until March.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chapter 70. That guy has strong bishie sparkle.

Also ep 3 out as well. The cooking battle graphics were pretty cute.

Edit:

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 25, 2019

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I think Nino might actually be blind.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When is Fuutarou going to actually respond to Nino A) confessing her attraction to him and B) blatantly coming onto him by nearly getting into the hotspring with him :argh:

People say the romance is rushed but I mean, Fuutarou hasn't even acknowledged that any of them are attractive, let alone he is attracted to any of them.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Never, the flashforward is just a very elaborate movie shoot which Ichika roped him and her sisters into.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

When is Fuutarou going to actually respond to Nino A) confessing her attraction to him and B) blatantly coming onto him by nearly getting into the hotspring with him :argh:

People say the romance is rushed but I mean, Fuutarou hasn't even acknowledged that any of them are attractive, let alone he is attracted to any of them.

he couldn't tell which one she was, on the second point.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

he couldn't tell which one she was, on the second point.

Itsuki (on the other side of the wall) said it was Nino to him, though.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

Itsuki (on the other side of the wall) said it was Nino to him, though.

oh. well in that case, it's because he's a harem protagonist.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Not having Nino in the poll is a crime, but Miku and Yotsubaka are pretty cool

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

HiveCommander posted:

Not having Nino in the poll is a crime, but Miku and Yotsubaka are pretty cool

I could PM a mod to remake the poll into a serious one, but eh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Miku and Yotsuba rule; Ichika, Nino and Itsuki don't. HTH

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

New chapter's out, and Nino's work hairstyle is :allears:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Wark Say posted:

nino is insanely good now, actually.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

If only all tsundere characters went through the sort of character arc Nino did.
Here's looking at you, every character voiced by Kugimiya Rie :argh:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HiveCommander posted:

If only all tsundere characters went through the sort of character arc Nino did.
Here's looking at you, every character voiced by Kugimiya Rie :argh:
Let's be fair, she's voiced a good deal of insanely great characters as well. Kagura is basically every "cheeky brat" character rolled into one cute/dumb/rad/goofy package, for example.

Inflammatory posted:

nino is insanely good now, actually.
Fair enough. I've been only following the anime, and this far, Miku and Yotsuba have been the raddest.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nino definitely gets way more rad, but that happens around chapter 40-50 and unfortunately there's no way a single cour is going to get us that far

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Nino does have some good moments early on, even if they're not the sort that would make her good waifu material. :v:

Itsuki is still probably the only character who hasn't had any significant screen time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wark Say posted:

I legitimately do not understand people liking Miku. Ever since her introduction mini-arc she hasn't really had anything to her character other than "shy and in love with the protagonist" (though the stuff with her potentially being all manipulative and weird in recent chapters could be fun, but people had this opinion long before that).

Yotsuba...I don't agree but I guess I can sort of understand people who just really like the "shishishi" thing for some reason. She's also not obnoxious, which counts for something.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I legitimately do not understand people liking Miku.
Several things, but this image...

... was my first contact with the series and sorta sums up why I like her the most. I'm actually surprised, since I'm a sucker for tsunderes and both Nino and EatItsuki are also there (only following the anime so thanks for the spoiler tags :) )

Yotsuba (and more specifically Ayane Sakura, her VA, channeling those Kana Asumi vibes) does remind me of Miya from Amagami, so maybe it's that. :shobon:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Ytlaya posted:

I legitimately do not understand people liking Miku.

Some people like mopey anime girls in love. No grand mystery.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
miku probably has the cutest design, i'll admit. the long hair and headphones are a good look.

anyway where's this new chapter at, it's not on mangadex.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Inflammatory posted:

miku probably has the cutest design, i'll admit. the long hair and headphones are a good look.

anyway where's this new chapter at, it's not on mangadex.

It was out on mangadex, as a stolen translation using bad scans, so it was taken down.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I legitimately do not understand people liking Miku. Ever since her introduction mini-arc she hasn't really had anything to her character other than "shy and in love with the protagonist" (though the stuff with her potentially being all manipulative and weird in recent chapters could be fun, but people had this opinion long before that).

Yotsuba...I don't agree but I guess I can sort of understand people who just really like the "shishishi" thing for some reason. She's also not obnoxious, which counts for something.

I just really like Sengoku warlords :shrug:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

AnoHito posted:

I just really like Sengoku warlords :shrug:

I can't even remember the last time that came up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I guess it kinda comes up tangentially whenever we're reminded that Miku is good at social studies, but it's been ages since the last time they actually studied :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chapter 71

Nino's work hair is indeed very good.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Nino's power cannot be matched.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Itsuki's alias is May because it's the fifth month LOL

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wark Say posted:

... was my first contact with the series and sorta sums up why I like her the most. I'm actually surprised, since I'm a sucker for tsunderes and both Nino and EatItsuki are also there (only following the anime so thanks for the spoiler tags :) )

Yotsuba (and more specifically Ayane Sakura, her VA, channeling those Kana Asumi vibes) does remind me of Miya from Amagami, so maybe it's that. :shobon:

To be completely honest I kind of feel the same about the bolded, though I tend to prefer the characters that are just "mildly" tsundere (in the sense of being kind of "prickly" but not assholes who do things that are actually inappropriately mean; Kurisu from Steins;Gate is a pretty good example). I think the appeal is the same sort of appeal that results in most shoujo love interests being sort of standoff-ish.

edit: I think it's less a matter of liking tsundere as an archetype and more actively disliking almost all other major shounen love interest archetypes. The best kind of love interest are just the "girls who act like normal people," like the one in that "Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso o Kasaneru" manga.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 1, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Itsuki's alias is May because it's the fifth month LOL

eatsuki fat.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Do it, Yotsuba. DO IT

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Only now do I understand the power of a fully armed and operational Raiha

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I just realized, nino's hair decorations are what they are because she's a social butterfly :haw:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

This was a good chapter. The Yotsuba gang have something to be excived about even if it'll never get animated

Cuntellectual posted:

eatsuki fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Link to the new chapter.

Yotsuba, you'll always be number 1 in my heart :negative: