Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win?
Yotsuba
Yotsuba
Miku
Miku
Yotsuba
View Results

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Yotsuba isn't necessarily out, but ... yeah, she's out. The way she's flustered/blindsided by the love rumors isn't how you would expect the girl who kissed Fuutarou to react. ESPECIALLY for Yotsuba, World's Most Straightforward Person.

All signs are now pointing to Itsuki being the bride. First girl Fuutarou meets, last girl to show obvious love interest, making suspicious comments about secrets, motivation still mostly clouded to the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Yeah Yotsuba is out. She never really showed romantic interest in the first place, so it makes sense that she could be removed from the competition

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Yotsuba trying to lie about hating Fuutarou and not even being able to hold it a whole page was :allears:.

Also Smug Nino at the start continues to be fantastic.

Also-also: 72 chapters in, and the MC has finally expressed awareness of an interest in girls! :allears:

Also-also-also people in the mangadex comments seemed to think that the mangaka was thinking of ending this in the next volume or two? I haven't seen the interview myself, but I kinda hope this goes on longer than that. It'd feel kinda weird to me if their time as second years was twice as many volumes as the second half.

Mirage posted:

Yotsuba isn't necessarily out, but ... yeah, she's out. The way she's flustered/blindsided by the love rumors isn't how you would expect the girl who kissed Fuutarou to react. ESPECIALLY for Yotsuba, World's Most Straightforward Person.

All signs are now pointing to Itsuki being the bride. First girl Fuutarou meets, last girl to show obvious love interest, making suspicious comments about secrets, motivation still mostly clouded to the reader.

Yotsuba's definitely aware of how at least Miku and Ichika feel, and probably Nino too, so she was probably flustered because she didn't consider the possibility of herself getting together with him.

SpazmasterX posted:

Yeah Yotsuba is out. She never really showed romantic interest in the first place, so it makes sense that she could be removed from the competition

She looks so heartbroken when say tells her classmates that she and Fuutarou definitely are and will not a thing. :smith:

HiveCommander posted:

This was a good chapter. The Yotsuba gang have something to be excived about even if it'll never get animated

Wanna poke her. :kimchi:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 8, 2019

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Vol 8 cover owns and so does Nino

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Need to see the next three volume covers stat Negi-sensei.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

What if the covers are a countdown of who's eliminated from the Fuutaroubowl? :negative:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure they're just going in order of the sisters, nothing to worry about.

:tinfoil:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ibblebibble posted:

Need to see the next three volume covers stat Negi-sensei.

Thanks for reminding me I lost track of UQ Holder.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

HiveCommander posted:

What if the covers are a countdown of who's eliminated from the Fuutaroubowl? :negative:

As long as Itsuki wins, that's fine.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

Vol 8 cover owns and so does Nino

Nino's thirst is insatiable.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chapter 73

Can't believe this guy talks at the urinals.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's so weird how they're pushing this "his grades are dropping because he's busy tutoring" thing so hard. I mean, teaching someone else is one of the best ways to reinforce your own understanding of the material. "If you can't explain it, you don't understand it." And they're in the same grade as him so it's not like they'd be going over different material. He's basically studying with them all the time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

It's so weird how they're pushing this "his grades are dropping because he's busy tutoring" thing so hard. I mean, teaching someone else is one of the best ways to reinforce your own understanding of the material. "If you can't explain it, you don't understand it." And they're in the same grade as him so it's not like they'd be going over different material. He's basically studying with them all the time.

It might be that he's so bogged down reviewing stuff with the girls that to him is really basic that he doesn't have the time to look at the more advanced stuff that would get him perfect grades? He'll probably get a shonen powerup or something that'll put him out on top eventually :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Chapter 73

Can't believe this guy talks at the urinals.

Talking to someone in the bathroom like that seems seriously weird.

I'm amused that at first he appears like he might have been a rival, but at this point I think he's more likely to be part of the harem.

Ibblebibble posted:

It might be that he's so bogged down reviewing stuff with the girls that to him is really basic that he doesn't have the time to look at the more advanced stuff that would get him perfect grades? He'll probably get a shonen powerup or something that'll put him out on top eventually :v:

The promise of getting laid

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Sparklelord was checking out Fuutarou's junk last chapter too.

Maybe that's why the dad wants him to be their tutor. Yeah? *wink*

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

to add more fire to the harem ending theory, does anyone else think the anime ED subtly foreshadows it through the visual metaphor of them passing the red ribbon amongst each other at the beginning?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They fuse together at the end, like Caroline and Justine in p5.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Cuntellectual posted:

They fuse together at the end, like Caroline and Justine in p5.

There never were quintuplets. They’re a manifestation of the various aspects of Fuutarou’s shattered psyche.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Angry Grimace posted:

There never were quintuplets. They’re a manifestation of the various aspects of Fuutarou’s shattered psyche.

I heard they all received organ transplants from Fuu...tarou, yeah? Or was that something else...

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
New chapter up

https://mangadex.org/chapter/546303/

Business is picking up.

HidaO-Win fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 21, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

HidaO-Win posted:

New chapter up

https://mangadex.org/chapter/546303/17

Business is picking up.

Link goes to page 17 so I saw the ending before I read the chapter. Please fix.

Edit: Here's the link to page 1 for anyone else reading this thread later: https://mangadex.org/chapter/546303/1

Clarste fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 21, 2019

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Clarste posted:

Link goes to page 17 so I saw the ending before I read the chapter. Please fix.

Edit: Here's the link to page 1 for anyone else reading this thread later: https://mangadex.org/chapter/546303/1

My bad

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ICHIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
feeling really good about my decision to jump ship from ichika to nino right now.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

feeling really good about my decision to jump ship from ichika to nino right now.

Welcome!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

Everyone's power levels are going off the chart lately. Is this preparation for the mythical harem ending?!

Either way, I think he knows it's Ichika, not Miku.

e: Definitely. Yotsuba told him about Ichika's movie, not Miku. I think his reaction was because he knows it's Ichika, and she very definitively said she has a thing for him.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 21, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

VAs knocked it out of the park for this segment.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

VAs knocked it out of the park for this segment.

Looks exactly like Yotsuba to me, I don’t know how this masterful disguise failed

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It sometimes hard to remember that the Quintuplets all have the same reddish hair color and that the differences are just for the viewers sake.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Timeskip quints looking good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Cute, but Nino’s old hair style was better and Miku needs to stop looking like Eeyore

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the loss of the headphones is a massive blow to miku's power level.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

the loss of the headphones is a massive blow to miku's power level.

:yeah:

I wonder if there's going to be anything after the third year, especially since the author was talking about coming to an ending.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nino and Miku both gained several mum levels from their new looks though.

Digging Yotsuba's new hair.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Agronox posted:

Cute, but Nino’s old hair style was better and Miku needs to stop looking like Eeyore

Nino's old hairstyle doesn't really work with an adult, though.

Adult Yotsuba is kind of interesting.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
That picture puts me even more in the Miku is the bride camp. She was the 1st that really had anything in common to boot.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New chapter.

Yotsuba: innocently sweet or devious 5D chess player??? Fuutaroubowl getting very heated.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

New chapter.

Yotsuba: innocently sweet or devious 5D chess player??? Fuutaroubowl getting very heated.

Part of me is very certain that the one who kissed Fuutarou at the end of the inn arc was Yotsuba, after her talk with Ichika, because I don't think Miku would do so even while disguised, Nino was trying a completely different tactic, and Itsuki still doesn't have a clear 'thing' for him, let alone at that point.

Irritated Goat posted:

That picture puts me even more in the Miku is the bride camp. She was the 1st that really had anything in common to boot.

But Yotsuba was the first to co-operate!

That said, Nino and Ichika are both looking like the fun options now.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Timeskip Nino and Miku's mom power cannot be measured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

Timeskip Nino and Miku's mom power cannot be measured

Yotsuba and Ichika have strong aunt energy and Itsuki screams teacher, personally.