Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Buttchocks posted:

Zathura: A Space Adventure was on TV and I was bored. Yeah it 's a blatent ripoff of Jumanji, but really a sci-fi themed version of that story is a solid concept. This film is not bad; not great. Kristen Stewart was kinda wasted in what was barely a role. Didn't really need the twist at the end, but how else are they going to squeeze in the incestuous undertone, i guess.
It's based on an actual sequel to the Jumanji book!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I finally watched Crimes of the Future and I think it was all about David Cronenberg making fun of the Oscars and also learning to like Marvel movies. it's funny that it's billed as a horror movie 'cause it's basically a really gross comedy imo

I really enjoyed it

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Data Graham posted:

I tried showing it to my roommate and he made it about halfway (to the reveal of the everything bagel) and started fidgeting and paused it and was like "WHAT THE gently caress THIS IS LIKE THREE HOURS LONG" and stomped off.

Last time I try showing him anything, he didn't even get to raccacoonie
And it's only 2 hours and 20 minutes lol. these days that's like... average

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

the antagonists are extremely menacing, wtf

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

prometheus and then the counselor were basically the last straws for me with ridley scott.
Same. Those movies finally confirmed that Ridley Scott is fuckin awesome, I couldn't deny it anymore

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Comstar posted:

Someone get James Cameron to make a sequel called Wellington. He made superior sequels to Scott's work.
James Cameron's Napoliens

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I too found Saltburn to be about a 3.5/5. I knew nothing about it going in except that I love Barry Keoghan, hadn't seen Promising Young Woman, and I basically had... an acceptable time. There were moments that I found very straightforwardly entertaining and well-crafted, but a lot of it was surprisingly bland

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think my "bland" usage may be kind of a knee-jerk reaction to the movie's emphasis on certain shocking moments. It's less that it's genuinely bland and more that it seems to pretend to be extremely out-there while... not actually being that way.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Oppenheimer - Prime said "customers also watched:" and listed Sound of Freedom. I'm trying to imagine what that venn diagram looks like, and how far they got into Oppenheimer before turning it off in disgust that there weren't any cool bombs yet
Barbenheimer marketing probably got to them and they felt they had to pick a side

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

once upon an inglorious unchained basterds supremacy
didn't realize he did the bourne supremacy

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I have a particular set of skills... a certain... je ne sais quoi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006