Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dunno if this counts, but Chernobyl was very very good.

Matt Zerella posted:

I watched Mandy last night and :stare:

I need to watch this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida Project was pretty good for a movie about nothing

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bigfatdynamo posted:

midsommar was very very good and i cant stop thinking about it

Go see hereditary

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matt Zerella posted:

I just watched Midsommar and I can only describe it with a story.

Years ago I went to a thing called Sleep No More which was supposed to be some kind of live interactive version of hamlet set in some building in the village in NYC. I took my wife. It was garbage. Like drama club nerd poo poo garbage. I got lost. I got pissed. I got sepearated from my wife after paying almost 200$ for the tickets. Literally the split ya up and put us in different parts of the building.

After 20 minutes I was seething mad, nothing wa snaking sense. I felt ripped off so I just started asking the people guarding the fire exits where the bar was and they shushed me (they were also wearing masks like in the orgy scene of Eyes Wide Shut).

Flustered and pissed I eventually found the bar. I was furious. Luckily a few beers calmed me down. My wife came in about an hour later and was laughing because she knew I'd hated it.

That feeling that I felt sitting in that bar is exactly how I feel right now. What a garbage rear end, hamfisted, piece of poo poo movie.

I still love A24 movies though so whatever.

Lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

David D. Davidson posted:

Okay Joker
It was good.

It was meh imo. good performances, good music, good dp, but the script sucked

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Barry Lyndon is one of the prettiest movies I've ever seen, and now I'm real mad that Kubrick never got to make a Napoleon film

Agreed

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tall Girl got a few genuine unironic laughs from me, mostly because the kid actors were surprisingly emotive. Everything else about it was trash

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guy who is served a delicious tender steak cooked to perfection by a world-renowned chef who specializes in steak: "Jesus Christ, steak again??"

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

i also think scorsese gangster movies are his worst. silence was way better and nobody saw it

Agreed, but his worst is still incredible

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1917 was really drat good. Probably the best "war" movie I've ever seen. What's the saying about anti-war movies only being able to glorify war? This is the exception that proves the rule.

Also I agree about Parasite being technically brilliant because I didn't really connect to it as much as I thought I was going to, or even as much as I think I should have given my politics. I'll have to watch it again someday.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sonic sucked.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went with a bunch of friends who have Sonic nostalgia. two of em were "meh" and the last guy loved it. Pretty sure he's a furry though.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Knives Out was alright, thought it was going to be better. I had the same reaction to The Last Jedi and Looper. I guess cool ideas marred by subpar execution is Rian Johnson's calling card.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enemy was weird

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Under the Skin was weird

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Lobster was weird, and hilarious

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wasn't prepared for how insane A Fall From Grace turned out to be

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The correct answer for all of those was (liked it) so you've failed. Do not pass go, do not correct $200

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roma was pretty good.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
master and commander was badass

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did it have Bryan cranston in it

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheKingslayer posted:

I finally got around to seeing No Country for Old Men and holy poo poo that was great. I had avoided being spoiled this long and I'm pretty glad for that.

Hell yeah

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my first reaction to the green Knight is that I half loved it and half hated it. it's usually the first reaction I get for movies that eventually become my favorites so I'll have to watch it again some time soon. preferably in s theatre

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the answer to all your questions is that tlj is the real protagonist of the film

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched all the Evangelion rebuilds in one shot. the animation and visuals were absolutely stunning. I'm not sure it adds anything for me as far as the original series is concerned

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boogie nights. uh idk it was good I think. not really sure what I watched tbqh

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
card counter was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019