Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mantis42 posted:

I watched two zombie movie tonight, one good one and one bad one.

The Night Eats The World - I didn't want him to survive, the zombies should've gotten him. 3/10

Same. I thought it was expertly filmed, everything looked great, but goddamn this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Since the October horror watch thread is done and over, and I'm still going cuz I'm addicted to horror now for whatever reason im going to post what I've seen here. If that's not cool, let me know.

Creep (2004)

I think I watched the wrong Creep that everyone thought was decent. I found out there is one from 2014 and a sequel to that as well. This one had really decent special effects, but it just had too many dumb plot moments for me to handle. It also didn't help that everyone in the movie were jerks with the exception of a few people who weren't the main characters. No bueno.

2.5/5

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

V/H/S/ 85

I've seen a few of these, but hell if I can remember which ones. I hadn't seen this one before, and I actually liked this quite a bit. The 80s aesthetic hit home, and the stories were all engaging. None of them seemed like throwaways. I'm having a hard time deciding which one I liked the best as they were all above average compared to most of the compilations I've seen imo. I think maybe the first one because of the twist. Thumbs up.

3.5/5

Clipperton posted:

I want to see that one just because Sean Harris plays the monster. Apparently he spent the whole time on set hanging from the ceiling making weird howling noises and freaking the other cast members out

The makeup effects they did for him were really fantastic. They didn't skimp on the effects, at all.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

3 From Hell

What a ride this was. I really enjoyed the first two movies in this series, and this third one delivered. I think most of the budget went into fake blood. Unnerving at times, as it seemed to go harder than the previous two on the tortures. But it wrapped up fairly well. This had some Natural Born Killer vibes going on mixed in with some Desperado.

4/5

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Psycho

I haven't seen this since I was a kid, and even then, I probably only paid half attention to it. It was fantastic to watch this, not remembering most of it. I can only imagine seeing this in the theater back in 1960 when it was first released. Big thumbs up.

5/5

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The second movie definitely falls into the forgettable camp. Monkey brains and all that. But the first and third are amazing, and deserved the hype they get.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

shoeberto posted:

I never really connected the dots between my teenaged obsession with Donnie Darko and my adult obsession with David Lynch, but it's absolutely true. It's basically Mulholland Drive for depressed 16 year olds.

Yeah, I put Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and Donnie Darko in the same enjoyable surreal category.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I wish they'd make more of those types of comedies. Just minute after minute of endless gags and spoofs.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I saw Mars Attacks when it came out in the theater with a pile of friends. Everyone at the time was looking forward to it. I remember a packed theater and everyone laughing their asses off the entire time. I haven't seen it since, but when I think of it, I get start giggling. I also remember the CGI being realllly good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Never cared for Jackie Brown. I gave it an honest rewatch just to see if I was in a bad mood the first time or whatever, but I just didn't care for it. I love Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
tokyo drift was as far as i made it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yikes, I thought Timothée Chalamet was absolutely amazing in the movie. I had my doubts, but after watching this four times now, he is Paul Atreides.

I think once both films are spliced together, the continuation "issue" will be resolved.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Maximum Overdrive was the movie we watched a million times as kids. Sleepover? We're renting Maximum Overdrive! I haven't seen it since I was a teenager, but my memories of it bring a huge smile. The soda machine attacking kids, the lawnmower running over people, and the badass looking semis. I am kind of afraid to see it again as an adult, but considering Revenge of the Ninja was still badass, I can't help but expect Maximum Overdrive would hold out as well.

That AC/DC intro, too.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 17, 2024

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
someone decided to put the movie MASH on with a room full of people tripping their balls off

pink flamingos wasnt any better

not cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I watched most of Skinamarink on a treadmill and I absolutely loved the first half.

It probably helps im down in a pitch black spooky as gently caress basement with noise canceling earbuds.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 15, 2024