Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dune 2: holy poo poo this was an incredible experience in 70mm imax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Dunkirk: technically very impressive but it felt like watching people helplessly die for two hours, not exactly my idea of a good time

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Breetai posted:

So after watching part one for the first time on the weekend and part 2 in cinemas last night my attitude has gone from "utter folly to even attempt, this is inherently unfilmable" to "need to watch it a bunch but Villeneuve's Dune is a contender for greatest science fiction film of all time".

It's certainly one of the most visually gorgeous films I've ever watched.

Yeah it owns, especially as a theater experience holy poo poo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Mean Streets (1973): this movie is so overwhelmingly *authentic* feeling. Like not a single person in this movie appears to be acting, especially De Niro who even at this age is just obviously a star. He is amazing in every single scene he's in, just incredible presence. Subtitles on, the accents are incredibly thick. There's sort of a sense of floating from vignette to vignette in the movie, the narrative is not exactly straightforward, but it really works with the way the movie follows Keitel around NYC. It's got a good balance of hilarious scenes and heavy drama too. Feels like a movie most people should watch at least once.