Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

distortion park posted:

The Insider This was great, very gripping considering the subject matter. Going in I thought it was going to be more about a guy still working at the company trying to exfiltrate secrets but it was really about something else entirely. Crowe's performance was mindblowing, cannot believe that Gladiator was released the next year. If you watch the actual 60 minutes episode he really nailed the mannerisms, although it was still a pretty complimentary casting choice for the IRL Wigand.

This is one of my favorite movies of all time

Complex legal stuff going on but you never feel confused. And yeah Crowe is fantastic

Watched Leave the World Behind and wish I hadn’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Watched Spaceman with Adam Sandler

Was fine but way too long and had a hard time paying attention

Moon covered this sort of story in a much more concise and satisfying way

But Sandler did a good job with what he was presented with

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 4, 2024

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

It’s an incredibly well made movie with fantastic performances from a loaded cast. Haters are dumb babbies who think saying m. Nights name wrong is poignant film criticism.

I figured out the twist early because at the time it was all about figuring out what M. Night’s twist was going to be. Could have been a lot better if that was established way earlier

At least it was way better than Lady in the Water

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Wolf of Wall Street

Gave up because watching a bunch of awful people do awful things was not fun

Was hoping for something like Wall Street or Boiler Room but it wasn’t

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A bar friend and I were talking about weird and hosed up movies and I recommended Happiness to him

I hadn’t watched my DVD copy in over 20 years so put it in that night to watch it again. I couldn’t make it through it, and texted him saying DO NOT WATCH THIS DUDE!

Cannot imagine sitting in a theater watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just watched The Witch followed by The Lighthouse

The Witch I quite liked. The sets and world were very well done and it kept me interested but still wondering about stuff at the end. It was driving me nuts that the father’s voice was so familiar but I couldn’t place it. Chris “Finchy” Finch!

The Lighthouse was strange and lovely to look at but went on far too long. The performances were riveting though