Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In good CES news, apparently Dell finally moved the XPS camera up top and are claiming (still totally unverified?) 21 hour battery life.

That's at least intriguing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

xpost from tech bubble thread

ces is basically over so here's your final laughs I guess

Spatial posted:

wowcube. the way to hack human evolution by twisting and shaking

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1083497756415512576

that whole thread is gold

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I always liked this effect, though apparently the units corrode easily and are expensive to replace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORK4kYfLkY

the humidifire

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I always liked this effect, though apparently the units corrode easily and are expensive to replace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORK4kYfLkY

for when you want your living room to look like a 3dmark demo

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

ADINSX posted:

for when you want your living room to look like a 3dmark demo
if it actually generated heat, then it could drop frames as it gets hotter to help my immersion.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
new ipad concepts demoed at CES

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’s always fun when the booth doesn’t show up

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

i’ll have to check my phone / camera for any yospos-adjacent content and relay it, but it’s cool to check CES off the list of schadenfreude-generating nerd activity.

we went for one day (because CES) and then did some hiking at red rocks and took a flight to california and hung out there for the rest of the week (work on the east coast so this was a nice reprieve).

sony’s presentations were the sickest (notably the camera stuff), roland’s booth was the most :3:. there was some company doing something kinda neat with these silicon keyboard overlays as MIDI controllers, i thought that was cool but also MIDI input devices exist already. again, kinda cute but overall Very Terrible.

sarnsuhg’s tiny city hosed us up, it was so superfluous and overwhelming that we just fuckin dipped. imagine a samsung product bulleted feature list and then manifest and fill a giant room with it.

i took a ticket to play the ping pong robot, but it was lottery-based and i was never called, and so the robot was spared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

you mean like this thing?

• Locked thread