Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
an online therapist service run by a chat bot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
a 5g wireless modem that puffs up like a lithium popcorn bag when used

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
a computer you can have sex with

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a computer you can't have sex with

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the return of beos

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

My Linux Rig posted:

an online therapist service run by a chat bot

https://www.wysa.io/

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

another layer for the landfills

earth dead why not

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
a smart marijuana grow box with a webcam. it hosts the live feed from your personal internet connection on a public and indexable page

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
an Omnidirectional treadmill for vr that you can preorder for $10k

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

A 21.6" 144hz 1080p oled monitor that fucks your wallet

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

smart toilet that analyzes your poo and suggests food items

smart pipe is a registered sex offender

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

single use rechargeable batteries

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

akadajet posted:

single use rechargeable batteries

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

another layer for the landfills

earth dead why not

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
a smart doorbell with a camera that automatically calls the cops if a suspicious person approaches your patio

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Alexa but in a lightbulb

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Serious idea: Low voltage lighting with thin film wiring that you can just stick on the walls and ceiling.

You could probably use conductive paint too. Basically an electrician and a 120V wire should not be required to have a ceiling light.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Stereotype posted:

Serious idea: Low voltage lighting with thin film wiring that you can just stick on the walls and ceiling.

ces idea: this except it connects to a server over http so you can set the color and brightness from your phone

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
a cup except it connects to the internet for some reason (my mom has this)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Stereotype posted:

You could probably use conductive paint too. Basically an electrician and a 120V wire should not be required to have a ceiling light.

i hate that too but low voltage thermostats and doorbells basically just give household cowboys a license to gently caress things up without repercussion

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
There are over 400 exhibitors that have names that start with Shenzhen and have Technology in them and I want to go to all of them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

hifi posted:

i hate that too but low voltage thermostats and doorbells basically just give household cowboys a license to gently caress things up without repercussion

If you love lovely 20 gauge wires running randomly all through the walls then you'll love unfindable non-debuggable conductive paint connections just all over the surface of the walls even more!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

My Linux Rig posted:

smart fridge that analyzes the contents to tell you when it’s gone bad and to collect the information about your fridge contents to sell to grocery stores

maybe combine with a food subscription

like the printers and their terrible “charge you for printing pages beyond your plan in your own home” subscriptions

blue apron: fridge edition

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

My Linux Rig posted:

a roomba but for your lawn pool window gutters uh... toilet??

isn’t this Bathroom Duck?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
5.9" TABLET
5.1" TABLET
4.5" TABLET

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Can’t wait to see Logitech’s latest in shoddy manufacturing

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
guess who grew up and moved out of their garage

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Gazpacho posted:

Can’t wait to see Logitech’s latest in shoddy manufacturing

Their products are gr8.

Personally, I'm excited for the hot new washer-dryers.

How many years does CES have left? CEBIT, the world's biggest consumer electronics show, just shut down.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
juicero but for toast

$100 gets you two slices of bread per day for a whole month!

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
a smart umbrella that opens iff weather.com's hourlies say precipitation > 50%

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Silver Alicorn posted:

smart toilet that analyzes your poo and suggests food items

this, except its in your workplace and an AI produces reports and recommendations for your boss to "help" you optimise your toilet breaks

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

this, except its in your workplace and an AI produces reports and recommendations for your boss to "help" you optimise your toilet breaks

this except it fires the employees with the nastiest shits, if an interviewer takes a bathroom break the amount of time they take and an analysis of their bowl movement is recorded.

Time on the pot is money out of your pocket, and an unhealthy employee costs more.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

amazon would buy the poo poo out of these

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

so is this the show where companies show off their latest televisions that have lovely gimmicks that are coming later this year?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
CES 2069: Zoll is your dad and now computers gently caress you

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
tvs but with a touchscreen

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Lambert posted:

Their products are gr8
mmm nope, I just got a LT mouse to replace one with the switches worn out by fighting games. Dam thing can’t drag and drop for poo poo because the switches are already noisy

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

so is this the show where companies show off their latest televisions that have lovely gimmicks that are coming later this year?

yes but also the tv watches you and the display/UX was a complete afterthought

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

yes. this year the gimmicks will be 8k and even more voice integration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Tiny countertop dishwasher that only washes one set of bachelor dishes (spoon, bowl, and star wars cup) and also connects to a phone for some reason.

• Locked thread