Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

qirex posted:

I wish I had room for turntables

also I’ve decided I’m not allowed to buy vinyl anymore, I used to have A Problem

Switch over to soft vinyl kaiju to laterally avert the problem.

Edit:

qirex posted:

lol technics wants one thousand two hundred dollars for the 1200mk7 [get it?]

I got an aforementioned soft vinyl kaiju last summer from the maker and I asked him what it's name was and he said "¥4000". It's name was the price lmao

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 9, 2019

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Where is kirk someone has out razered razer

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SO DEMANDING posted:

day two let's see what the cespit has to offer

oi don't put your drat drinks on the speakers!

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

~Coxy posted:

oi don't put your drat drinks on the speakers!

perfect bathroom speakers, for all those special moments (of autoerotic electrification)

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

bitcoin, but for literal children (rather than figurative children that bitcoin generally attracts)

https://twitter.com/Pigzbe/status/1082670174363443202

ah cool, company scrip for kids

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

it's great to see everyone revisiting poo poo tier toshiba designs from 15 years ago.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
lol that the innovation is laptop design is apparently just super complicated hinge mechanisms

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

wait, women enjoy sex!? - a tech shitlord, yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-46809807

also lmao

quote:

This year, an unofficial shuttle bus is taking people from the conference site to a legal brothel for a sex-video experience controlled by an Amazon Echo speaker

Alexa, get me horny.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what the loving christ?

you're in vegas, going to a brothel, just have actual sex you loving weenus

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Plank Walker posted:

lol that the innovation is laptop design is apparently just super complicated hinge mechanisms

the new Dell 7390 2-in-1's are pretty awesome

the hinge is tight and it folds very nicely

plus its like 2 lbs or something

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

infernal machines posted:

what the loving christ?

i wish there’d been a west world B plot involving an sti

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

what the loving christ?

better be paying on the cockchain or you're not innovating the future

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
So it takes ~3 years to completely annihilate intels almost decade long lead in single core x86 performance I guess. Can't wait for a completely inept and weird response from them now.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
so seems like there are a few new gimmick monitors (esp tv sized for gamers) but no improvements on normal monitors that normal people buy

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

gimme that sweet sweet zen 2 baby

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

TheCoach posted:

So it takes ~3 years to completely annihilate intels almost decade long lead in single core x86 performance I guess. Can't wait for a completely inept and weird response from them now.

There are rumors Intel is preparing a 10 core desktop CPU... still on 14nm :lol:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

gimme that sweet sweet zen 2 baby

i've been out of the amd game for a long rear end time now. does anyone make amd motherboards/chipsets that aren't complete poo poo?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

exoskeleton? more like sexoskeleton!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

what the loving christ?

this is just a way so they can justify it for work

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

i've been out of the amd game for a long rear end time now. does anyone make amd motherboards/chipsets that aren't complete poo poo?

they're all p.good. it took a good year or so for the firmware to handle anything that wasn't Samsung 3200 b-die whatever the gently caress but you have lots of good options now and zen 2 is compatible with current chipsets

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Mr.Radar posted:

There are rumors Intel is preparing a 10 core desktop CPU... still on 14nm :lol:

The 28 core overclocked xeon that requires a barndoor sized motherboard with like 12 power connectors is still in the plans!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

TheCoach posted:

The 28 core overclocked xeon that requires a barndoor sized motherboard with like 12 power connectors is still in the plans!

an overclockable xeon is usable for what tho? I mean apart from showing off possibly?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
rendering 8k video really fast

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Lambert posted:

I find it hard to believe there's much of a market for $800 toaster ovens.

toaster ovens are cool when you are reheating things that you want to be crispy so i can picture someone wanting a very good one?

not one that has a camera, though. kitchen gadgets get expensive very fast. $10,000 ranges and $600 standing mixers.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I’m more annoyed at consumer devices getting names like “June” so that people can feel cool dropping the articles in front of the nouns

:corsair:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

oh great holograms are coming back

https://www.cnet.com/news/hypervsns-cool-3d-holographic-images-are-perfect-for-showing-off-at-ces-2019/

last hologram i ever saw (other than the museum of holography) was in gordon ramseys 24 hour show, it was a clown and it supposedly 'scared customers'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Binary Badger posted:

last hologram i ever saw (other than the museum of holography) was in gordon ramseys 24 hour show, it was a clown and it supposedly 'scared customers'

that was just a screen they’d switched off

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in what sense is that a hologram?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Beats the hell outta me, real holograms use lasers, this is just LEDs on a spinning propeller simulating an image somehow

but they're calling it holographic cause it looks like you can do one of those 'help me obiwan' movies on it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

behold: holographic wheels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts_JT9LUovA

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

literally the same technology except Hypervsn wants to sell it to you starting at $1900

or you can have a wall of 3D spinning death for something like $25000

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

that was just a screen they’d switched off

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8140874/sheris-ranch-alexa-ces-2019-sex-tape-room-legal-brothel-nevada/

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

quote:

And once punters are finished, they can collect the tape on an SD card and take it home – for strictly personal use only, I'm told.

i hope the brothel's ToS is just a copy paste of google's

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
still loling at the idea of getting your experience at a brothel knowingly filmed

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Binary Badger posted:

Beats the hell outta me, real holograms use lasers, this is just LEDs on a spinning propeller simulating an image somehow

but they're calling it holographic cause it looks like you can do one of those 'help me obiwan' movies on it

I’m not even sure it’s physically possible to do the kind of sci-fi hologram poo poo everyone knows

the light has to reflect off something

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Plank Walker posted:

still loling at the idea of getting your experience at a brothel knowingly filmed

have you never seen cathouse?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

My Linux Rig posted:

I’m not even sure it’s physically possible to do the kind of sci-fi hologram poo poo everyone knows

the light has to reflect off something

fill air with either fake smoke or mist from humidifier

problem solvd

project onto model's bare butt, provlem solved for pron industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Binary Badger posted:

fill air with either fake smoke or mist from humidifier

I always liked this effect, though apparently the units corrode easily and are expensive to replace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KORK4kYfLkY

• Locked thread