Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Lmao i'll never understand turbo nerds hate of upnp "THEY SHOULD HAVE TO CALL ME TO OPEN THE PORT ON THE ROUTER"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Carbon dioxide posted:

https://twitter.com/11rcombs/status/1086531879178829824

They verify against a PGP key that they download over HTTP.

Edit: It gets better, apparently they roll their own PGP implementation too. And they don't think they're doing anything wrong.

No threat model, no security bug. This is your last warning.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

lmao they are mad

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lol they deleted the ticket in the tracker

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
This is like the old crapware that existed for Windows"let us track your computer and web browsing use, show ads and get money" just the Mobile version

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

CmdrRiker posted:

Yes, yes. Let's all give each other jumping high fives, donate some dollars, and get back on track shall we?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/b19khr/epicgames_is_stealing_our_information/

Epic games is apparently accessing user steam data without explicit permission. It's sad how people are generally not surprised and don't care when their data ends up accessed or on someone else's servers unbeknownst to them.

Windows lack of permissions other than all or nothing is bad, UWP would have half solved the issue but with it being dead.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
How did the brother get the texts though? they are not the same person

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

neutral milf hotel posted:

lol Facebook

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/03/facebook-stored-hundreds-of-millions-of-user-passwords-in-plain-text-for-years/

Hundreds of millions of Facebook users had their account passwords stored in plain text and searchable by thousands of Facebook employees — in some cases going back to 2012, KrebsOnSecurity has learned. Facebook says an ongoing investigation has so far found no indication that employees have abused access to this data.

lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I prefer quad9 for some amount of malicious domain filtering

Your ISPs local DNS resolver might be a bit faster than google/cloudflare/ibm/whatever, you can benchmark your options if you want https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

That only does ipv4 resolvers.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Chris Knight posted:

the latest spam I got for the old "I have hacked your computer and demand some bitcoins" was showing as sent from my personal address to myself, so that's a new one on me

your email should have dmarc reject policy

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

how many mail providers actually drop on spf/dkim/dmarc hard fail?

gmail, yahoo, microsoft and a few others do

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Chris Knight posted:

this sounds like it involves server janitoring

It doesn't if you use office 365 or gsuite

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I think windows nwo asks you if you want to autorun or open

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
The employees get searched, the guests not

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

so, I keep meaning to post this here, but if you use tracfone's website to buy more time it stores your credit card number in your form autofill in firefox. I assume it does it everywhere, but it at least does it in firefox. it's neat.

Saves it as regular text and not a cc entry?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Cool

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I don't want to know what weird place you live in that police follow you to check plates at night because that would be terrifying.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
not all nazis are bad right, its just "your view"

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Shame Boy posted:

what if it's people who self-identify nazis, such as, i don't know, the people on self-identifying nazi website the daily stormer

well you see but then you'd have to ban all types of "nazis" and you can't as that would be censorship

also 1st ammendment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
:gas: