Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

quotin for later, thanks for the writeup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

https://privacyinternational.org/si...onal%202018.pdf

How apps on Android share data with Facebook - even if you don't have a Facebook account

Media Bloodbath posted:

Google used to let you match the unique identifiers with your CRM database and use that for tailored ads and other shenanigans. Since this summer (about the time when they rebranded their DoubleClick Suite to Google Marketing Platform and Google As Manager) you can no longer export this to 3rd party tools - the identifier is no longer directly accessible.

if you use the Google Marketing Platform you can upload your CRM database, place triggers all over your website, ads and create custom and look-alike audiences.

A lot of marketeers are extremely stupid, but if you are a bit creative you can easily harvest a shitload of info of potential and existing customers. If you put some work in you can also narrow it down enough to be able to identify individuals.

Facebook is even easier to game. I'm not up to date, but at least 2 years ago it was easy to circumvent their requirement of minimum size of custom audience > 15 by uploading 14 bogus e-mail addresses and the correct one of the person you want to gently caress with. This allowed you to serve this person (and only this one) with your ads. As it was only one person you could easily buy all ad inventory for a pittance.

:nsavince:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

fritz posted:

florida lan

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

the best phish training email I've seen was one that claimed to be from our security team containing a list of people who fell for the last phish training email

Captain Foo posted:

unbelievably savage

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

printers are portals between the computer realm and the flesh realm, of course the diagrams for how they work are horrific sigils and they constantly break

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

EssOEss posted:

Keepass for life! Has anyone found the ideal way to configure it for Google Drive syncing? I have the following issues:

I've used the gdrive sync plug-in for years and have never had any of these problems :shrug:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
i sometimes get imposer syndrome at work but reading stories like this make me feel better :unsmith:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

Just started a new job and went to set up my retirement plan today, and hit this:

Name and shame:
Transamerica

the icing on the poo poo cake is that they do this by blocking the ctrl+v keyboard shortcut. going to the menu item edit > paste still works.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

motherfuckers act like they forgot about jre

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
your gender has expired, please enter a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
love to bury lovely news on days where the president is loving up (its every day)