Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

In case you're using seemingly any of the ad-blockers but uBlock Origin (why would you?), you probably want to switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Also note that uBlock and uBlock Origin are different, Origin is the good one.
Very different, yes - that's pretty well-known by now, though. But I suppose someone might not know it?

MononcQc posted:

I tried uMatrix for a while, which essentially is a super-aggressive uBlock Origin, and you can manually whitelist all the loving domains you need for things to work while blocking the rest.

It's kind of scary how many domains, subdomains, and various JS providers are needed for a single web page to display right sometimes.
I know a few others who've gone that route - I tried it, then discovered uBlock Origins advanced mode that lets you block 3rd party javascript pretty easily, replacing NoScript.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

is there any dns provider that blocks nazi sites?
I'm not sure you want to live in a country that has a law requiring DNS filtering, because it will eventually be used to block all sorts of things not originally described, there's no oversight, and even if you don't circumvent it by using any other DNS provider but the one your ISP has, it's not actually effective according to a study published a while back.
Well, that's how it worked out in :denmark:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

browsers will start opting in to dns over tls/https if we start getting to that point
You say that, but it's from 2005.