Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's easier to print to my printer with a cell phone/ipad than it is with windows

hell i bet it's easier in desktop linux

I used a raspi for a wireless printer server and since windows 10 dropped samba1 support everything gets printed from my iphone. airprint is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

horrific privacy issue you cause when you gather and aggregate personally-identifying information about people and their movements without an articulable purpose. Even if you aren't keeping the search data, the records of the queries are still held by the system and you can learn some entertaining things about people with access to those logs.

good post but this in particular is something cops absolutely do not give a poo poo about and is in no way a reason they don't use automatic plate readers. I remember an expose on it a few years back but here's a much more recent article https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/22/police-alpr-license-plate-readers-accessible-internet/