Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

flakeloaf posted:

video cards are worse

the number does not tell you which one is faster and there's no reason for it

nvidia G92 silicon appeared in like 4 GPU gens
(8800GT, 9800GT, GT150, GT250)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

oh my god the fedex signup process keeps getting better

of course i want to take a fun exam about me :allears:

what great questions! anyway time to submit and see how I did...

:bravo:

this is the identity verification system that the IRS used to protect filing false tax returns a few years back, with predictable results

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

geonetix posted:

“hacking” anno 2019 is literally nothing else than looking for an open mongodb or scada port on shodan and hoping for the best

e: oh and give it a funky name and logo

dammit I thought there was a new Anno game

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Soricidus posted:

there have been decent libs for xlsx for ages now. then again there were already decent libs for xls. don’t ask me how I know I’ve nearly stopped having flashbacks

wouldn't say they're decent

you can create a spreadsheet and insert cell values, but good luck doing anything complicated

better than COM though.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I think the "can only change pw once every 24 hours" is common if not default on modern AD

it's very annoying that windows doesn't have the correct error message for that one...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Meat Beat Agent posted:

at this point about 90% of those emails that i've gotten have included a password that i don't seem to have ever actually used anywhere

I'm also getting a bunch to email addresses that don't exist so therefore can't have been harvested from pw dumps.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

forums are the best and SA is probably the last one left?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

someone post when kitty rebases their fork, tia

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

our IS implemented some kind of internal firewall that kills any extant connection after an hour, no matter what

boy it was fun implementing auto-reconnect in our DB layer

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

We don't get enough exposure to the people who matter to be able to request stuff like that. Easier to catch the OracleException when it happens to dispose everything and recreate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

huh, turns out Skyfall was realistic