Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Acer Pilot posted:

Did he just post the keys in that last screenshot?

Hell yea. Hope this company get's totally owned and those were root keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i don't see how i'm an idiot for calling poo poo what it is: poo poo. upnp is straight garbage, i accept that it has been adopted and exists and that the majority of problems are due to lovely implementation but that aside it's dumb trash!

Only people as smart as you should be able to host a server for any purpose is pretty much your end result here.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

That's pretty cool.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cocoa Crispies posted:

ok subjunctive but have you considered that maybe companies shouldn't make monitoring the user experience of teenagers their business

I'm not sure if you are "hip" to how the modern web currently works, but you are the product. Now if you think that shouldn't be the case, I agree with you, but you are like 20 years too late to the party now.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Salt Fish posted:

I looked it up and they wrote their own processing code that read the DNA and translated it into machine code and then deliberately ran it. So basically they proved that DNA can encode information.

This changes everything.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

my first programming-related class in community college I had a professor that requested code be printed out and handed in. it was java, and he didn't want comments in the code, emphasized that the code be "self-documenting". people would turn stuff in and he could look at it and immediately say "this doesn't compile".

it was weird but he was a really good professor. probably better than the ones I had when I transferred to a university.

"Self-documenting" code for a homework assignment is basically just encouraging good variable names and structure, but that is the only place it should exist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah it’s like “bricked” meaning any inconvenience

lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I use them interchangebly tbqh. Because while they are different protocols, I'm always talking about "secure" http, or https and not the method of how it is secured.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

zdr was always an idiot i hope that poo poo-head junkie overdoses

:same:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

~Coxy posted:

forums are the best and SA is probably the last one left?

There are a shitload of forums for a shitload of different communities, but what kind of wierdo joins a forum these days unless they were part of that community in the past?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DELETE CASCADE posted:

lol if you weren't in several irc channels dedicated to illegal activity as a teenager, just lmao

open conference numbers and phone relays so you could hang out with your bros on the phone in like 1990 without paying long distance.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Putty is super good though.

Loading hacking tools:

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 19, 2019

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

putty does everything worse than a standard terminal does, though.

Wrong.

spankmeister posted:

I use it for UART on windows and it is needs suiting

Better than screen or minicom imo
:same:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
What is this thread's opinion on Crowdstrike? I have a potential job opportunity with them.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

abigserve posted:

Generally it's fairly easy to use automation to stand up new stuff but ongoing cleanups and sanity-checking requires a lot of complicated logic that is hard to implement - ask anyone who is using Ansible (for example) for network automation how do they detect and then cleanup stuff when it's decommissioned and you'll get some interesting responses. Can you guess what happens when new changes are easy to automate but old policy is very hard to get rid of?

Yea, this is where I'm at. Idempotent is a fun word, and ansible/network changes AREN'T.

I can spin up (from scratch) an almost unlimited number of switches or routers that will be configured identically with dynamically assigned ip addresses, and hostnames, and ACLs etc etc. But tell me that you want to change our production vlan from 100 to 101 and I'll be at a loss to figure out how to do that cleanly and remove the old vlan :/

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

abigserve posted:

my point was regardless of what layer you are doing "firewalling" it's always terrible but the microseg solutions don't even try going above layer 4 so it's even worse than usual

Security though ip/port whitelisting is obsolete. The security should be on the end point, the firewall should be providing NATing or allowing selective in-bound from the internet. That's it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
For Juniper devices Ansible works really well because you just delete the entire config, then apply the complete new one. Juniper commit engine is smart and as long as the section that you deleted and put back didn't change, the router won't recommit and cause router reconvergence, or firewalls to drop sessions etc.

For Cisco/Arista, welp...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Why have persistent storage on a car at all? If the car loses power, wipe everything.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo cars have been ticking bombs of potential embarrassment ever since they got the ability to store your radio presets

Those used to reset whenever you disconnected the battery.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

LastInLine posted:

and whether the headlights come on on their own

and the door locking behavior (does it lock when i move? does it lock when i walk away? does hitting the button with the fob unlock my doors or all doors?)

and the settings for screen and instrumentation brightness

and the preference settings for what screen the display starts on or what configuration the digital instrument cluster uses or what automated features are turned on or off when the car starts

thats not even touching the 20 preferences you can set in the infotainment system itself

How often is your car going to lose battery power?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ErIog posted:

Or maybe don't use a lovely free VPN or any public VPN provider anyway because as Lain Iwakura pointed out on Twitter recently it's literally just an ISP. If you send enough packets through it you will eventually be identifiable.

The key thing VPN's are useful for is making law enforcement apply for search warrants on foreign poo poo to decrease the chance they'd want to bother with your dumb rear end surfing asstr.org

wait asstr.org is illegal? Why would you need a vpn for it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spankmeister posted:

Sure, but specifically cloudflare can eat a dick because they protect 8chan and other hate speech sites and they don't take responsibility for the hateful content being hosted there. Content that inspired the right wing terror attack in New Zealand. gently caress them.

Censorship is fascist. gently caress off Fascist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fishmech posted:

says the fascist, lmao

you’re a cop, lmbo

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Hunter2!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cocoa Crispies posted:

refresh me, what’s an F5?

on the off chance you are serious, F5 is one of the top industry standard loadbalancers, they do layer 2 to 7 loadbalancing and fit in to companies whose work flow doesn’t jive with aws, but also don’t have the ability to build their own lbs.

they do have a lot of tech as far application loadbalancing is concerned but they are rapidly approaching extinction.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Raere posted:

is anyone turning away from cisco given their nonstop pants on head stupid vulns or are they still worth it?

I jumped from Cisco and have never looked back. Junos and Arista EoS are so much better.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cocoa Crispies posted:

lol thanks but yeah someone else informed me when I used that joke after they bought nginx :tipshat:

It was a pretty good joke :tipshat:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Juniper is dandy if all you need to do is move a poo poo ton of packets cheaply but their security offerings are dogshit

Modern Network Security is trash, and the sooner people move to a zero trust network the better. For a zero trust network, SRXs are great.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Why can't someone who is just like me and agrees with all of my ideas just censor the internet? :mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Krankenstyle posted:

yeah, good time to pull that old saw out

first they came for the nazis and i was like "thats kinda lame to do that, what if they came for someone else :("

The problem isn't censoring nazis the problem is censoring whoever random internet dude considers a nazi. ITT, youtube, reddit, somethingawful, facebook, twitter, and me, a pro-militant leftist someone who fishmech, a cop, has met once, are all nazis. So maybe there is a problem of overly broad definitions here.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shame Boy posted:

if only there were some sort of list, maybe aggregated by some kind of center studying laws related to poverty in the south

An oracle you say? Well poo poo if they are the unbiased and universal source of truth, why bother with freedoms at all?
e: removed non-sources of truth.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 20, 2019