Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

incredible

hope the like having a million ec2+gpu instanced mining bitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

abigserve posted:

lol at not having any sort of middleware at all and just letting the devices upload straight to s3, what could possibly go wrong

I’m personally a fan of all the test buckets in their prod account

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Waze is going to stop working because NIST isn’t paying their power bills so no one can talk to GPS

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

oh my god the hills some of those people are willing to die on, it's just incredible

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

speaking of publicly facing things with web interfaces
https://twitter.com/mikko/status/1080223116197019648

but how can u be sure mcaffee didn't but it himself?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

still chuckling about CoonHub. jfc

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Partycat posted:

there’s a vpn daemon called raccoon I think

lol yeah. dude saw the name he wanted was taken so he went with the nickname, not knowing it’s super offensive in the anglosphere

problem was when this was helpfully pointed out to him, he and a bunch of other folks kept doubling down that it’s ok bc he didn’t MEAN to be offensive, despite monocqc and a few others repeatedly explaining why his intent wasn’t the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

e: never mind