Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

naively I would expect that this couldn't happen, but after all I've heard about unexpected dangers in date/time handling, I wouldn't really be surprised anymore if a neglected atomic clock somehow goes critical and makes large swaths of the calendar uninhabitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

imo the homeopathic antivirus needs to at least monitor when I'm downloading poo poo and react by spinning on a number of cores, or it's not credible. also it needs to occasionally prompt for a license key or w/e.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I feel conflicted about using 1password because the linux app is a browser extension. I don't really know anything about the browser extension security model but it doesn't make me extremely confident that cloud2butt isn't going to run off with all my passwords at some point. Am I being stupid here?