Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

thats a service that i believe expirian runs, other companies can use it to verify identity
as you can see it works as well as the rest of their it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

same but also the next anno game is already announced as 1800

duz
Jul 11, 2005

always pay your it staff very well if running a huge drug empire

quote:

Mexican drug lord El Chapo was only caught because his systems administrator flipped and started working for the feds, backdooring El Chapo's comms infrastructure and providing the cops with the decryption keys needed to eavesdrop on El Chapo's operations.

Former narcomorlock Jorge Cifuentes never really seemed to have his heart in the job: at one point, he failed to renew a license for some critical piece of secure communications software (I'm betting it's some kind of SIPP/VoIP server), forcing the narcos to use cleartext, unsecured voice channels (we know this because the feds made recordings of El Chapo screaming furious, terrifying abuse at Cifuentes over one of those insecure channels).
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/439pv3/el-chapo-got-wiretapped-because-the-cartels-it-guy-screwed-up
https://gizmodo.com/the-feds-cracked-el-chapos-encrypted-communications-net-1831595734

duz
Jul 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/RGB_Lights/status/1086328344327507968

im sure it can be trusted

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Truga posted:

pear is for php, pecl is for c extensions

i have no idea why pear was replaced by composer either, i guess it was too stable for php

probably cause it doesnt download straight from github and run it blindly, well maybe with this breach it has been

duz
Jul 11, 2005

when you clicked on it did it just display "YOU" in big letters?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

microsoft was willing to burn a major release to get people to fix their lovely code

duz
Jul 11, 2005

the it aup we all had to sign at my school included that we would not use the computers to influence the vote of a senator

duz
Jul 11, 2005

gave him $4k

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

there's the one the fplus is constantly hocking which also costs :10bux:, i have no idea how good it is and i've never actually been there

its mainly goons reposting stuff from here

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Bhodi posted:

let me open up a 2gb program so i can edit this text config

I love VS code but sometimes you're just looking for something a little more lightweight but usable (looking at you, notepad, somehow you continue to gently caress up newlines in circa 2019, just give up on ^M already)

thats why you just never close it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

actually i think you'll find the way semver works is nobody ever changes major versions because we need to "get a marketing win out of a new major version", minor versions are meaningless and patch versions are random

and then someone changes it to be based on the current year and then never updates it again so your version is forever 2017.x.x

lol at using patch versions just increment the minor version number and look in the code if you want to see what check ins are covered in that

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Varkk posted:

Probably the best defence Mar a Lago has is all the different states competing with each other to own it.

ah three stooges syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

report it to mozilla
pretty sure they maintain a blacklist to prevent that